Is Boomer Rumblin, Bumblin, Stumblin, Back To ESPN ?

T master

It seems as though not only the NFL"s TV rating have taken a tumble but so has the worlds leading sports network ESPN . Since Boomer & many other old school announcers have left the network the transition has not been a pleasant one for the company so they are attempting to right the ship a bit .

Chris Berman a Bills favorite not only came up with football terms such as Rumbling, Bumbling, Stumbling, but also has one of if not the most famous lines ever spoken when it comes to the Bills of which we all have adopted into to our Bills language .

And that is   "NO ONE CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS" Boomer will always go down as a Bills favorite & one of Buffalo's own for that statement & befriending the Super Bowl Bills of the 90's !!

ESPN has recently reached out to their former broadcasting legend to return in limited fashion to help boost viewership to the sagging TV ratings during football season but to this point no agreement has been reached but i for one would tune in to here his Bills line put out there as only he can ! 

https://nypost.com/2018/08/16/a-changing-espn-is-working-on-bringing-back-chris-berman/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_3205442

Berman comes to B/lo every year as we know to do the Jim Kelly golf tourney & has always spoke fondly of the Bills & has been routing for them as much as any of us fans & probably still does .

I hope this could be the beginning of some changes at the network, another should be to give MNF back to ABC the way it use to be the way it was meant to be when it was the game of the week . I know change in some ways is a good thing but boy there are some classics that you just can't beat !!

MNF back in the day & Boomer are 2 that will always have a fond place in my mind & in Bills history because no body circles the wagons like Boomer & the Buffalo Bills !!  

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

Prime time with Tom Jackson was what football was all about. That was back before fantasy and then later it was still on when fantasy was new, my uncles would be manually entering in weekly results. The good ole days, oh yah, men didn’t wear skinny jeans then! Almost forgot.

Edited by Commonsense
  • Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I guess I'm old... I loved Chris Berman and Tom Jackson on NFL Primetime back in the day (It has been 12 years!?). If they brought them back. I'd watch (and I never turn on ESPN these days).

I’d also watch, they would have a tough time pulling viewers from the other Sunday night crew. That is the only show I will watch/listen to anymore on game days.

• Like (+1) 2

Espn felt the lo$$ last year after the gutting (boomer, tj, jaws, many others) of their Sunday NFL coverage, yes it got stale but compared to last year and the new shows makes you miss those glory days....

32 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Prime time with Tom Jackson was what football was all about. 

In its heyday, that was the best highlight show in sports. The background music was so epic. This was my fav:

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Worked with Berman quite a few years ago on a show....he was a jerk. 

...saw him at a charity luncheon in Roch-Cha-Cha.......first words at the podium were, "here we are in Rochester NY, just 70 miles east from the home of THE....Buffalo Bills"........place went nuts......seemed to be a pretty nice guy chatting with folks when the event concluded.............

They really need to put together a "Sports Reporters" type of table for that show.  Jackson and Berman would be a good start.  Educated discusson about the sport without yelling?  Count me in.  I think somebody like Amy Trask would provide a lot of interesting insight.  

People I wouldn't put on that show:

Recently retired players 

Any individual angling for a team or league job that's going to couch every word they say to the point they say nothing.

Edited by dpberr

3 minutes ago, dpberr said:

They really need to put together a "Sports Reporters" type of table for that show.  Jackson and Berman would be a good start.  Educated discusson about the sport without yelling?  Count me in.  I think somebody like Amy Trask would provide a lot of interesting insight.  

People I wouldn't put on that show:

Recently retired players 

Any individual angling for a team or league job.  

....good start....but PLEASE just say no to Loopy Lupica, Plagiarizing Bob Ryan, Steven A-hole Smith and Keith Blubberman unless you want it cancelled before FIRST airing....