So who else is excited for Allen vs Mayfield this Friday?

Steptide

7 minutes ago, cd1 said:

RELAX! - I SAID - 

Geez...

Oh I'm completely relaxed.  I'm just hoping the Bills can finally have everybody rowin' the boat in the same direction moving forward for a change.  I think the Pegula's set this franchise back several years the day they hired Rex Ryan.  He was nothing more than a side show more akin to the circus than the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills757 said:

It'll be interesting to see how he performs this year in a situation where the head coach, QB coach, OC, GM and owner all actually want Taylor in Cleveland opposed to how it was in Buffalo.  During his tenure in Buffalo, neither GM (Whaley or Beane) wanted Taylor.....nor did McD.  He technically had three HC"s and three OC's in three years and a WR corps that couldn't stay healthy, or, going into his third year, having his WR corps gutted in the off-season after spending his time and money to work out with them.  

I have no idea whether he's going to have success in Cleveland but to say he only threw to receivers when they were facing him is a myth perpetuated by this board.  If the one preseason game last week is any indication, I see a guy who trusts his receivers and has an OC who knows how to design the offense to his strengths....something Rico and the other OC's couldn't do.

They played the only team worse than them last year ;) 

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

I watched Mayfield a bit and he impressed me. He looked like a vet out there. He looked NFL ready already. And I sure want to see Allen perform again!  And I'm sure Bills D players want a chance to sack TT

Joel Bitonio (a guard) is playing LT right now so

14 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I'm more interested in the Bills O-Line vs their D-line. Should be a good test for a quarter or so.

Agreed.  I'm interested to see Dawkins vs Garrett and Mills vs Ogbah.  Well, maybe not the latter one LOL.  I'm afraid of that one.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I would be surprised personally, but you might be right. 

I agree.  I think Aj and Peterman switch but Allen will still be with the 3rd team.  The team is going to take their time with Allen.

I'm excited for Allen having Coleman tracking his deep ball.  That's 2 TDs with him on the field instead of Foster.  Little better line play better pass catchers is all good things.  I would like to see Aj 1st Allen 2 and 3.  Peterman 4th.  I really hope the offensive staff and McDermott dont do what Houston did.  Start the vet because he's the vet even though he is less talented.  Get a few quarters into the season and go to Allen.

Edited by Mat68

18 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I kind of liked Allen playing the entire 2nd half last week.  Made the whole game entertaining.  I wouldn't mind if they did that again.

Problem with that is he's playing with 3rd stringers, risking injury due to crap OL play.

16 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I would preffer to call a nurse....but what ever floats your boat ;) 

BTW back to topic....unless they are lining JA up at linebacker I am not getting too excited about PS football ;) 

You know, it's not 1890 anymore.

Many nurses are men, and many doctors are women.

:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, hemma said:

With two 1st rounders facing off, there will be a lot of press coverage.  

Some of the reporters may even actually watch the game.

It's getting lots of hype on NFL network, so there's going to be a big national audience.  

7 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Baker Mayfield is going to light us up lol

If he's playing with their 2s vs our 2s, probably.  I think Allen could have a good outing against their 2s on defense but our 2s on offense may not be good enough.

3 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

I watched Mayfield a bit and he impressed me. He looked like a vet out there. He looked NFL ready already. And I sure want to see Allen perform again!  And I'm sure Bills D players want a chance to sack TT

Agreed.  He looked better than lots of teams veteran backups, most notably Paxton Lynch.

I saw an ad on the NFL network hyping the two QBs and they will show the game. And I was hyped too! I usually dislike all this focus on a few individuals and on the new shiny toys, but Allen really had me excited last week, and Mayfield looked solid. I wish total success for our 3 QBs even though only one will get the real job barring injury. If AJ or Nate gets the #1 spot, I trust our coaches. But Allen simply shows more potential, exciting potential. Usually physical attributes don't matter that much for QBs. For example I was a "Flutie guy" back in the Flutie vs Johnson thing, yet Allen seems too special to disregard! Unless his football IQ sucks he can be a star.

On 8/13/2018 at 5:52 PM, Steptide said:

I'm hoping that both qbs play at the same time. I'm assuming Mayfield will be with the Browns 2's and it'd be sweet to see Allen with the 2's this week. This should be a pretty entertaining game. Tyrod vs his former defense and 2 highly drafted qbs. Can't wait for this Friday. Hoping Coleman has a big game for the bills also

I cant remember when I was this excited for a silly Preseason game to be honest.  I was or course excited to see guys like EJ, Spiller and Watkins play when they were rookies, but never even close to this level of excitement overall.  Here are all the things that excite me:

1. Allen vs Baker:  I was a big fan of Baker coming out of the draft and was on that train long ago early in the season when people swore he wouldn't be any higher than a 2nd or 3rd round pick when I suggested we would take him in the first round.  I felt going into the draft he was the highest graded QB prospect overall.  Thats not a knock on Allen, I am beyond excited about Allen and a draft can have more than 1 great QB emerge.  So very excited to see them both play.  
  2. Our other QB's:  Cant wait to see if one or both can duplicate the high level play of the first preseason game.  
  3. Tyrod:  I will always root for this guy, he brought us out of a 17 year hole and was an outstanding teammate while here and worked hard to be the best he could, thats all any of us can ask.  It was time for both him and the Bills to go in a different direction, and I look forward to seeing him again after his promising debut in Cleveland.  Even though I am a Baker fan, I still hope Tyrod has a great season as he certainly puts the work and commitment in to do so and is just a great person off it too. 
  4. Our WR's:  Very excited to see if KB can come out hot again, but also cant wait to see Coleman and Zay take the field (admittedly not clear if Zay is playing or not).  Not to mention looking forward to seeing Streater and some of our young guys if they can push their way up the depth chart.
  5. Fantasy Football Curiosity:  I am excited to see more of the young talent on both teams for some Fantasy Football sleeper potential.  Kelvin is going late, want to see him more, Landry could be great value where he is going, Tyrod could be great value late in draft, and want to see more from Njoku.  
  6. Our Defense:  Want to see our young guys more like Edmunds and Phillips.  

All in all, I am probably too excited for what ultimately is just a preseason game LMAO...but I cant wait.