Kelvin needs more buzz today

Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Really wish I knew what was said between he and cam.  I thought KB came off as a schmuck to be honest.  Great performance though.  Now stay healthy so you can get the payday from another team and not become Jordan Matthews

Honestly, as much as I praised KB's game, I felt he was a bit of a child in the pregame.  Cam came over smiling and seemed to be trying to just clear the air and reached out to shake his hand.  KB dissed it and wouldn't shake it.  The person next to KB seems to stay something to Cam where then Cam reacts.  KB walks and Cam follows and seem to want to just talk man to man about what went down while KB wants none of it.  

On the surface, KB doesn't come off well and thought Cam handled the situation well by just wanting to face each other man to man rather than play it out in the media.  HOWEVER:  We also do not know what history is there from Carolina, so we don't really know if KB was justified in dissing Cam's attempt to talk or not.  But based on just the clip, I thought KB came off worse than Cam.  

That being said, I could care less about the interaction, I just want a hungry and motivated KB who wants to prove to the Panthers and Cam that he's the man all season!  GO BILLS

42 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It’s amazing how big Cam is, he made KB look small. 

They are almost identical in size.  Both 6'5" with listed weights 2 pounds apart.

Newton is listed at 245; Benjamin at 243.

Maybe your eye is really good and you caught the 2 pound advantage?

:lol:

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I get the QB's were all fun to watch last night, but to me the most impressive performance of the night was Kelvin Benjamin and he isnt getting much buzz today for some reason.  I thought that was about as good as he has ever looked.  First preseason game isnt something we should over value, but he looked as explosive as I have ever seen him, but more importantly he looked like has a real fire in him this year that I have never really seen from him.  

Something seems different about him.  Don't know if its because he is putting more work in...if its his diet change...if its because of his contract year...because of what happened with Cam before the game...or what...maybe even all of the above.  But there was something there yesterday that I thought has been missing from him.  I loved trading for him, but I was also looking at him as a guy who still had to prove he is worthy of being a primary target.  Yesterday, he made that first step to live up to camp hype and came out to show he wants to be a top WR in this league.  Hope thats the guy we keep getting each week, and more importantly, hope he can stay on the field.

Agree with what your saying. 

How about a QB throwing to him consistently like he is the #1 target? It's something we have been tainted from due to prior QB play.

Edited by Real McCoy

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

They are almost identical in size.  Both 6'5" with listed weights 2 pounds apart.

Newton is listed at 245; Benjamin at 243.

Maybe your eye is really good and you caught the 2 pound advantage?

:lol:

I don’t care what they are listed at. If I had to tackle one of them I’m picking KB. Cam looks like a freight train.

An in shape motivated Kelvin Benjamin is a bad mofo.  The money being thrown at Wr is massive.  If he gets 1000 yards 10 TDs he could become 1 of the highest paid players.  6-5 250 cant be guarded.  I expect Dabol to use him similar to Gronk in the passing attack.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

KB wants a big pay day. 

fine with me. Go get some Big Fella.

Thats catch that Peterman threw 3 yards out of bounds KB brought in,,, they were saying what a throw. idiots.

What an impressive catch i have rarely seen.
For me ? Benji has everything to prove. to me to everyone else as well.

Go for it Kelvin : ) !
I hope he shows us all

Go Bills

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was talking to Thomas Davis 

whom is as real as it gets !

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

KB also looks like a giant woman 

tell me about your dreams. When you were young, did your Mother seem much larger than you. Did she intimidate you with her largesse ?

: )

46 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Agree with what your saying. 

How about a QB throwing to him consistently like he is the #1 target? It's something we have been tainted from due to prior QB play.

Yeah that was nice to see too.  To be fair, when Sammy was healthy, TT fed him plenty.  So it was a two way street...TT mostly worked with crap during his time outside about 9 games in 2015 when Sammy was healthy and the 4th most productive WR over that stretch in the entire NFL.  I think a lot of what held TT back was his lack of trust and talent at the WR position.  Dont get me wrong, thats no excuse for TT being tentative as he missed a lot out there on the field too where guys were open and he didnt pull the trigger, but there is no denying he played with more willingness to get rid of the ball with a healthy Sammy.  

Which is why I keep saying parting ways was the best for both TT and the Bills.  Both get new starts, both needed new starts.  So it was great to see KB come out and at least show he's hungry to be a high end #1 WR again and also have QB's who see that and want to feed him the ball.  Just like how TT went out and looked great in his debut in Cleveland throwing to guys he knows are playmakers.  TT broke our playoff streak and worked hard here while being a model in the locker room...so I hope he has great success in Cleveland just like how I love having our new QB's to lead this next phase of the Bills...and wow is Allen an exciting prospect!!!  He's got ELITE potential, not just good starter potential.  

4 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Contract year.  Expect his best performance ever.  

I am puzzled as to why he dismissed Cam during warm ups.  Maybe Cam was looking for some reconciliation?  I guess he sticks by his comments, for whatever the reason. 

The silver lining here is that we don't play the Panthers for another 4 years or so. We have no history or rivalry with these guys. Might as well let it go. 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Well, that’s why I’d like to know what was said.  Do you know what was said?

Pretty sure Cam tried to shake his hand at first and KB wouldn’t. Then Cam kept asking why not, and KB replied,” it is what it is and walked away. Then cam followed him some more. 

Also caught one of his former teammates chiming in when media types were saying KB was being “Submissive”. 

Honestly, as much as I praised KB's game, I felt he was a bit of a child in the pregame.  Cam came over smiling and seemed to be trying to just clear the air and reached out to shake his hand.  KB dissed it and wouldn't shake it.  The person next to KB seems to stay something to Cam where then Cam reacts.  KB walks and Cam follows and seem to want to just talk man to man about what went down while KB wants none of it.  

On the surface, KB doesn't come off well and thought Cam handled the situation well by just wanting to face each other man to man rather than play it out in the media.  HOWEVER:  We also do not know what history is there from Carolina, so we don't really know if KB was justified in dissing Cam's attempt to talk or not.  But based on just the clip, I thought KB came off worse than Cam.  

That being said, I could care less about the interaction, I just want a hungry and motivated KB who wants to prove to the Panthers and Cam that he's the man all season!  GO BILLS

Well said

• Thank you (+1) 1

Cam tried acting like it was a modern NBA game...being all smiles and backslaps and brotherhood and whatnot. 

KB was all NFL and short careers and limited payday opportunities (if you get drafted by a team with an inaccurate QB) and such.

How I see it anyways. I like animosity in my professional athletes. Cuts through the whole millionaire thing real sharp like.