Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Checked 1st page.

Checked 2nd page.

Checked last page.

How are people not more excited about an incredibly low risk (sounds like we lose a 5th at worst, is that right?) and incredibly high reward acquisition????

Love it!

Because he can't stay healthy and can't catch the ball, which tend to be fatal flaws for WRs.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Glad I have seen these because my limited exposure to Coleman as a pro I had always been impressed (impressed enough to pick him as a fantasy sleeper last year).  His catch % briefly had me 2nd guessing myself this morning but my word... some of those "targets".  He isn't dropping balls.  Balls are being thrown everywhere but to him.  And I agree totally on Foster.  This is a move that tells us how McDermott, Daboll and Beane feel about the way the young guys have failed to stand up consistently in camp. People can pretend it doesn't but that is not the reality.  

Yep.  We didn't trade for a guy to be depth, we traded in hopes to have our #2. 

Looks like no one really has stepped up while Zay has been out and Zay is pretty much an unknown now.  

When I say step up, not meaning no other WR has done enough to give the coaching staff confidence to be someone other than depth.

Cam Phillips and Reilly I believe had had good camps but looks like not enough to show they could be a #2, #3 guy if KB/Zay goes down for any period of time.

Just now, SoTier said:

Because he can't stay healthy and can't catch the ball, which tend to be fatal flaws for WRs.

And it is a 2020 7th round pick. So???  

Bet if Patriots made this trade it would have been GENIUS 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I think people underestimate how truly awful the Browns QB play was. It’s tough to tell much because of it. 

On a side note that’s the same thing that happened to EQ St. Brown from ND. I know that the Steelers basically took him off their board because they could tell if he was good or not. There was no real chance to analyze him because of the QB play.

I thought St Brown also had a bunch of issues and was off many boards. Lavar Ball type Dad and refused to play ST in the nfl.

Even if he comes in and puts up 56 catches for 718 and a 12.8 ypc with 5 TDs in 19 games over a two year period that is perfectly fine production for a 7th round pick. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought St Brown also had a bunch of issues and was off many boards. Lavar Ball type Dad and refused to play ST in the nfl.

Could be, I know his family background is different. I just know because my buddy that is Colbert’s nephew is a DIEHARD ND fan. He has season tickets and goes up every week from New Orleans. His cousin (Colbert’s son) is a scout and that was his responsibility. He kept calling my friend as he was watching the tape and giving him a hard time. He said that Wimbush is in the bottom 3 QBs he’s ever seen at that level. They could get any sort of evaluation on St. Brown so they just felt better not considering him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Did that tweet above say we took Pryor off their hands? When did that happen? Is this the Mandela Effect happening right before our eyes?

When we signed him in UFA because Browns didnt want to keep him, is what he is meaning 

1 hour ago, Bockeye said:

Excerpt from July 31 article

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-browns-who-have-shined-through-5-days-of-training-camp

WR Corey Coleman: Toward the end of offseason workouts, first-year offensive coordinator Todd Haley said this season would be something of a “make or break” campaign for the third-year receiver. So far, those words seem to have lit a fire under Coleman, the 15th-overall pick in 2016 who has yet to live up to those lofty expectations because of injuries and other dynamics.

Over the past few days — notably in Sunday and Monday’s practices — the former Baylor star has flashed the talent that made him one of college football’s most explosive receivers. While time will tell if that translates to the regular season, it’s been a promising showing.

“I think that his confidence is growing,” head coach Hue Jackson said. “Corey is a confident player anyway. This is Year 3 and the fifth day in this, and he just kind of understands that you have to grind through it. He’s done that. I’ve been really impressed. He’s come out every day, been a little sore but has fought through it and went out and made plays.”

Or....  This could have been the coach's sales pitch for a player up on the block.