Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 8 - 6:15 PM at New Era

My observations

- Tre White LOVES to dance on the sideline  

- Tre shut down Benjamin times I saw them 1-1

- Vontae Davis was really playing with an edge tonight

- Rafael Bush stood out with big plays

- Still can't get over how small Kerley is

- John Miller looks like rectangular cuboid cut from granite, Star looks very fit to me - no big belly etc

- If Cam Phillips is out for any time with injury would be a shame - was making some plays this week

- Croom has also stood out this week 

- No way Taiwan Jones makes this team with other RBs stepping up

- I think Foster is for real and makes the team

- Josh showed some wheels on his 80 yd scramble that didn't count 

- They certainly didn't script this practice with excitement for the fans in mind

- Reminds me of a comment someone working at SJF said in a discussion yesterday - they said McD really is much more focused on actual practice effectiveness/efficiency at camp than 'fan experience'

- Refs definitely were in pre-pre-season form, completely missed that kid dropped the interception - what were they seeing?! Badly blown call

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Awesome. He threw it in the only place the receiver had a chance to catch it since there was good coverage. 

Wow great timing, anticipation, ball placement, and velocity. I’m excited to watch him play in preseason. 

One thing that stood out to me, and other people have noticed this, was the incredible difference between an Allen pass and a Peterman pass. Allen's passes zip through the air, but Peterman's almost look like they weigh more. They just don't have remotely as much oomph on them. There was one pass early on, I think it was an out route to K. Clay, that we all swore was going to be picked, because it hung in the air like a balloon. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

Camp Highlight: Josh Allen Touchdown Run (0:31)

QB Josh Allen escapes the pocket and takes it the all the way to the endzone for the touchdown.

Joe B: 7 observations from 2018 Buffalo Bills training camp - Day 8

(WKBW) - The Buffalo Bills reached a milestone of sorts on Friday night -- returning home to Orchard Park for their first practice of 2018 under the bright lights of New Era Field. There was a bit more of a buzz in the air for the practice than the one the Bills had just completed on Thursday morning at St. John Fisher College.

And with some veteran rest days (LeSean McCoy, Charles Clay, Kyle Williams, and Lorenzo Alexander) and some other players that were injured heading into the night (DE Trent Murphy, WR Andre Holmes, and WR Quan Bray), there were a lot of opportunities to go around for some lesser-known players.

What stood out on Friday night? Seven observations from Day Eight of Bills training camp:

1) McCarron drops back down to the twos
2) Croom takes a significant step in his development
3) Foster falling behind others in the WR race
4) Is Reilly moving up?
5) One linebacker moving up and all around
6) Backup safety has himself a day
7) Undrafted pass rusher making some waves

Day 8 MVP: TE Jason Croom

- Rafael Bush came close, but Croom was getting open constantly and completed the plays with some highlight-reel catches. He's been fun to watch.

Day 8 LVP: WR Robert Foster

- The undrafted rookie wideout needs to get his camp turned around after a really impressive spring.

Up Next: The Bills have Saturday off. They return to practice on Sunday, August 5 at 2:15 pm.

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Crazy footwork on that short pass.

kinda like peyton a little bit. 

its because it was a misdirection to the other side. he took a big step right to try to sell it more. 

Edited by GETTOTHE50

In their latest episode of the Bills Beat, Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn discuss the very topic that has many a Bills fan worried for 2018. Is the offense shaping up to be way behind the defense? They take a deep dive into the quarterback and wide receiver competitions that have raised so many questions and provide a lot of their camp observations along the way. Oh, plus, Matthew was humbled by the higher power of beer league softball.

From The Athletic -  Matthew Fairburn's Day 8 TC Report:

Bills practice observations: QB shuffle continues and...

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The Buffalo Bills moved practice back to their usual home to give the players a chance to play in front of the fans at New Era Field, but not much changed from the team’s practices at St. John Fisher College.

The quarterback rotation continued with Nathan Peterman getting his turn with the first-team offense. There was no special scrimmage. Other than a few extra fans in the crowd, the practice had a familiar feel. The same players continued their strong performances, while the struggles of a select few continued. Even the quarterback situation has stayed the same after AJ McCarron appeared to gain an edge earlier in the week.

“The way it stands right now, nothing’s changed,” Sean McDermott said before practice. “We’ll get into this first preseason game. Again, guys, I’m focused, and I’ve said this before, I’m focused on this practice. After that, I’m focused on the practice after that and then the Panthers game will come and we’ll put our plan together for that.”

In the meantime, here’s what we saw at practice Friday.

No first-team action for Josh Allen
Peterman v. McCarron
Another big play from Keith Ford
Rafael Bush makes his presence felt
Kaelin Clay takes a big hit
Cam Phillips leaves with an injury
Other injuries

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Day 8 LVP: WR Robert Foster

- The undrafted rookie wideout needs to get his camp turned around after a really impressive spring.

Up Next: The Bills have Saturday off. They return to practice on Sunday, August 5 at 2:15 pm.

...pretty surprising he has declined.......

7 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

One thing that stood out to me, and other people have noticed this, was the incredible difference between an Allen pass and a Peterman pass. Allen's passes zip through the air, but Peterman's almost look like they weigh more. They just don't have remotely as much oomph on them. There was one pass early on, I think it was an out route to K. Clay, that we all swore was going to be picked, because it hung in the air like a balloon. 

Honestly, Peterman blows.

I'm trying to figure out what demographic he appeals to.

How many Peterman fans were Trent Edwards supporters? I'm thinking there is some overlap. 

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2