Lamar Jackson - Rough Debut

H2o

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24270551/baltimore-ravens-rookie-qb-lamar-jackson-build-uneven-preseason-debut-john-harbaugh-says

Yes, it is the Pre-Season. Yes, Harbaugh still talks Jackson up. Yes, he was playing with the two's and three's. Watching him play though and you will see his transition is going to take a while, if he does manage to come around. He showed some athleticism on one of his runs, but was mainly held in check. This was something I thought may be the case once he got to the NFL playing from the QB position. You are going against the best of the best week in and week out. The things he did in college, though electrifying, do not mean he will be able to do the same things in the NFL. The pick he threw was indicative of what I was saying of him as a passer. I'm watching all of the rookie QB's in the Pre-Season to see how they look in live game action, how they progress through the weeks leading up, and if they are showing growth at the position or not. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not as rough as the debut of the Helmet Rule....

but yeah I’d say Flacco’s job is safe for now 

Btw is there a bigger recent WR bust than Breshad Perriman

They bought into all of the athleticism and combine numbers. Injuries and seemingly a lack of focus have made him a nobody. 

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kevin White has to be in the running. Dude just could never stay healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I only watched the first few drives then fell asleep.  Perriman sucks.  I didn't like him in college to be fair. 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought he looked a little overmatched as well..but it is only the  first preseason game. I was on record as saying I wanted the Bills to draft him and keep all their picks, so I am interested in watching his development.

I thought the helmet rule on the first couple was good calls..and taking those hits out of the game makes sense. But the breakup in the endzone..I failed to see why that was a penalty.

White, Parker, Perriman, Dorsett - all same draft class.  While Agholor isn't quite bust he hasn't been a complete success either.  Even Amari Cooper struggled last year. 

They were the 2015 1st round WRs.  

Edited by GunnerBill

17 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Scorp can chill on the Jackson > Allen hot takes for a bit now. 

...LOL....Jackson was certainly highly touted here.......if I remember correctly, McBeane took his TBD lumps for not considering the pick.......

29 minutes ago, H2o said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24270551/baltimore-ravens-rookie-qb-lamar-jackson-build-uneven-preseason-debut-john-harbaugh-says

Yes, it is the Pre-Season. Yes, Harbaugh still talks Jackson up. Yes, he was playing with the two's and three's. Watching him play though and you will see his transition is going to take a while, if he does manage to come around. He showed some athleticism on one of his runs, but was mainly held in check. This was something I thought may be the case once he got to the NFL playing from the QB position. You are going against the best of the best week in and week out. The things he did in college, though electrifying, do not mean he will be able to do the same things in the NFL. The pick he threw was indicative of what I was saying of him as a passer. I'm watching all of the rookie QB's in the Pre-Season to see how they look in live game action, how they progress through the weeks leading up, and if they are showing growth at the position or not. 

I thought Jackson made some good reads and some good throws.  He was off on the pick, they didn't show enough for me to see if that was mechanics - he has known problems throwing to his left, he doesn't set his feet right.  Sure they're working with him on that. 

I don't know what you're saying about him as a passer, but there were some nice throws including into some tight quarters and from roll-outs.  He also made some first downs with his feet.  He better learn to slide though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I thought he looked a little overmatched as well..but it is only the  first preseason game. I was on record as saying I wanted the Bills to draft him and keep all their picks, so I am interested in watching his development.

I thought the helmet rule on the first couple was good calls..and taking those hits out of the game makes sense. But the breakup in the endzone..I failed to see why that was a penalty.

It's kinda hard to tackle with your shoulder pads if your head is always in the way. You thought instant replay slowed down games, watch the flags fly on this new rule.