DR Goes Camping (Practice #6 Report)

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Wait a minute....you went to bills training camp.....AND DIDNT TAKE ME

Well, at least you quoted the entire post so to the rest of us it felt like you were there.  :doh:

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I didn’t pick up on Ducasse’s struggles when I went last week, but you seem to have much more expertise in that area.  I wonder if they’ll ever get Teller some reps with the 1’s at LG?   I focused on him quite a bit, and he looked really good to me...especially in the run game where he was simply ferocious.

4 minutes ago, Bring it said:

Thanks for the write up! 

This Foster kid from Alabama has impressed everyone. All I keep hearing is FAST. It sounds like he can run routes and has great hands too!?

I'm anxious to see him in live action next Thursday to see if he can take his practice game to the preseason. Not having the roster print out helped keep me focused on the whole WR group rather than locking in on the guys I wanted to track (streater, kerely, and Holmes) but #8 just kept popping in my eyes. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm anxious to see him in live action next Thursday to see if he can take his practice game to the preseason. Not having the roster print out helped keep me focused on the whole WR group rather than locking in on the guys I wanted to track (streater, kerely, and Holmes) but #8 just kept popping in my eyes. 

On the Twitters it seemed as though Foster had a couple of drops.  I'm anxious to watch him in game action also because, well, SPEED.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I didn’t pick up on Ducasse’s struggles when I went last week, but you seem to have much more expertise in that area.  I wonder if they’ll ever get Teller some reps with the 1’s at LG?   I focused on him quite a bit, and he looked really good to me...especially in the run game where he was simply ferocious.

I liked what I saw from Teller, but he looked like he's going to need a bit more time. Wouldn't shock me to see him in the starting mix by mid season though if he keeps progressing. I think he starts next year for sure. 

Full disclosure - I loathed Vlad last year too so I worried I was being to harsh at first. But he kept getting destroyed by Kyle (who's better than most of the guys he'll face this year) so take it for what it's worth. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It was for me. I was worried I wouldn't get to any practices while I was back east, now might get to two. All depends on if I can convince my nephews to get up early enough tomorrow to go. 

We need the play by play again tomorrow, if they won’t get out of bed they are in big trouble!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

On the Twitters it seemed as though Foster had a couple of drops.  I'm anxious to watch him in game action also because, well, SPEED.

He did. He definitely wasn't perfect. But so did everyone in the group. There was a stretch of five minutes or so (against air) where every ball was bouncing off their hands. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Haven’t been able to go to camp because of work. Everyone I have talk to that has, have all said that he is very talented and stands out. Thanks again for the post. It’s nice for fans that can’t get there!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

He did. He definitely wasn't perfect. But so did everyone in the group. There was a stretch of five minutes or so (against air) where every ball was bouncing off their hands. 

But I loved reading about Allen's dart to him over the middle that had Twitter all aflutter.  Comments like "it was one of those throws" and "he'll need to ice his chest after practice."

• Like (+1) 1

I just wanted to chime in on ducasse. Besides Mills, him and Castillo would have been the first ones gone...after Rico. I don't know why they don't put Miller on the left...his natural position... and groy on the right. That to me is a no brainer and with how Redmond is looking, why stash groy anymore. Ducasse is gonna give us a weakness on both sides instead of just one.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

I just wanted to chime in on ducasse. Besides Mills, him and Castillo would have been the first ones gone...after Rico. I don't know why they don't put Miller on the left and groy on the right. That to me is a no brainer and with how Redmond is looking, why stash groy anymore. Ducasse is gonna give us a weakness on both sides instead of just one.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I would imagine the Bills' coaches have spent a considerable amount of time thinking about the topic.  Also, Ducasse was abused by Kyle today but by all accounts has been solid otherwise -- and played pretty well the 2nd half of last season.

I fear you are a victim of "groupthink" when it comes to Vlad the Impaler.

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks Rhino!

Going by what I have heard from the TSW scouts, I am becoming convinced that Allen starts at some point this season. He sounds too naturally talented to not bring out at some point. 

I am not saying that he is going to be our week 1 starter, but I think we see him on the field sooner than later. Is that your impression too?

• Like (+1) 1

Gonna be an interesting Depth chart at the WR position 

Good amount of young kids trying to make a name 

Foster looked good when I went but very unpolished. He has good height, and speed but needs a lot of work on his release at the line... especially against press... I think a RS practice squad year would do him great

• Like (+1) 1