DR Goes Camping (Practice #6 Report)

17 minutes ago, eball said:

But I loved reading about Allen's dart to him over the middle that had Twitter all aflutter.  Comments like "it was one of those throws" and "he'll need to ice his chest after practice."

OK, I'll go there. Reports of his lack of touch on short throws and "bullets" too hot to handle are very reminiscent of those about Elway in his rookie year. 

Yeah, that's right. I just made a comparison between Allen and John Elway. Now, if Allen can manage to line up under his guard to take the snap during a game, I'll know he's truly on the Elway track. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I liked what I saw from Teller, but he looked like he's going to need a bit more time. Wouldn't shock me to see him in the starting mix by mid season though if he keeps progressing. I think he starts next year for sure. 

Full disclosure - I loathed Vlad last year too so I worried I was being to harsh at first. But he kept getting destroyed by Kyle (who's better than most of the guys he'll face this year) so take it for what it's worth. 

Yeah, but as you well know, the Q post from 4/13 presented evidence that Vlad would be dominated by Kyle today.

Future proves the past, sir.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

OK, I'll go there. Reports of his lack of touch on short throws and "bullets" too hot to handle are very reminiscent of those about Elway in his rookie year. 

Yeah, that's right. I just made a comparison between Allen and John Elway. Now, if Allen can manage to line up under his guard to take the snap during a game, I'll know he's truly on the Elway track. 

Elway completed 56.9% Of his passes too!?

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

This wasn't a "short throw" -- it was a 15-yarder over the middle.  It's the sort of throw most QBs can't make but what makes a guy like Allen potentially special.

There have been reports of QBs "breaking fingers" in practice about many great QBs over the years -- Elway, Favre, etc.

14 minutes ago, eball said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I would imagine the Bills' coaches have spent a considerable amount of time thinking about the topic.  Also, Ducasse was abused by Kyle today but by all accounts has been solid otherwise -- and played pretty well the 2nd half of last season.

I fear you are a victim of "groupthink" when it comes to Vlad the Impaler.

Say what you will that's cool, but to me vlAd is 2nd string and in no way is a pulling guard.

Just now, eball said:

This wasn't a "short throw" -- it was a 15-yarder over the middle.  It's the sort of throw most QBs can't make but what makes a guy like Allen potentially special.

There have been reports of QBs "breaking fingers" in practice about many great QBs over the years -- Elway, Favre, etc.

Oh, the bullets aren't limited to short throws so I'm not surprised his medium range passes are too hot to handle as well. But I was referring to reports about his lack of touch on short passes as well. Again, reminiscent of Elway's first year. 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Gonna be an interesting Depth chart at the WR position 

Good amount of young kids trying to make a name 

Foster looked good when I went but very unpolished. He has good height, and speed but needs a lot of work on his release at the line... especially against press... I think a RS practice squad year would do him great

As I noted in a different TC thread, there were two consecutive 11 on 11 plays where Allen was visibly frustrated with Foster.  The first one, Allen threw to his back shoulder about 5 yards out, and Foster ran a different route down the field.  On the second on Allen again threw a shorter pass (curl or dig?) and Foster was again 10-15 yards down field.  Daboll has words with Foster after those plays.  Again, as you eluded to, he looks the part but will likely just need more seasoning.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

As I noted in a different TC thread, there were two consecutive 11 on 11 plays where Allen was visibly frustrated with Foster.  The first one, Allen threw to his back shoulder about 5 yards out, and Foster ran a different route down the field.  On the second on Allen again threw a shorter pass (curl or dig?) and Foster was again 10-15 yards down field.  Daboll has words with Foster after those plays.  Again, as you eluded to, he looks the part but will likely just need more seasoning.

Did you go or did you read that report?

and getting a RS shirt year is not horrible... it can do wonders for your body and mind...

Theilen went from UDFA to PS to a top 10 receiver 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That always makes the preseason interesting. You want to see him show up, but not TOO much so you can still get him on the PS. 

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

I’ll admit it, I have a preseason boner.

Read in Chevy's voice and dead pan , this cracked me up. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did you go or did you read that report?

and getting a RS shirt year is not horrible... it can do wonders for your body and mind...

Theilen went from UDFA to PS to a top 10 receiver 

I was there.  And I agree with your assessment of WR development.  Foster looks like he could be something special.

• Like (+1) 2

Vlad is downright scary.

If it’s me, Allen isn’t seeing the field until Vlad is no longer the starter at LG.

Vlad might be the worst starting OLG EVER.

Just by default Teller should win the LG spot.

Vlad must have some dirt on the McDermott family.

By the way, it’s humid as balls here on Long Island. It seems everyone on the East Coast is getting pounded with rain, while LI doesn’t get a drop of rain, just stuck with this stinking Tropical air mass.

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Or  just another TT      :ph34r:

Oh Snap...

• Haha (+1) 1