Sam Beal

I don't like the period between minicamp and training camp at all.  We're still in it except for the teams that got to start early because of the HOF game.  Aside from a few signings (including those high draft picks), the only news is likely to be bad news: a player has a traumatic injury from skate boarding or water skiing, or gets accused of domestic violence.  It's true that there are going to be a lot more injuries in training camp (fortunately, most will be minor dings) but there will be lots of news that isn't bad to counterbalance the bad stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

In general, NFL places way too much emphasis on muscle building and power; should be much more concerned with flexibility, especially at a position like CB.

Interior linemen?  OK, power is important, but flexibility is key to staying on the field.

These guys are so tight and muscle bound they sit down the wrong way at the lunch table and something pops.

Doug Whaley was asked to comment -- he said the Giants "knew all along" there was a shoulder issue that would need to be addressed next offseason but they thought Beal could play through it in 2018.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I love and hate this time of the year.  Love football is back, scared to death with every practice we lose a key player.

I agree...this is why it is so difficult to read the predictions about win/lost record before the final roster is set. The loss of an Aaron Rodgers or a Todd Gurley would have a major impact on your season.

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Except he likely would have been a 1st rounder (and at worst a 2nd) in April. There are exceptions to every rule and he is one of them.

This past April draft?  Doubtful.