What is the most boring NFL city?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Atlanta.

UGA Bulldogs, Atlanta Braves and NASCAR are well above the Falcons.  

Sure there was great coverage with the Falcons in their Super Bowl run but if they aren't dominating, they're on the back burner.

But, does that make it a bad city to visit? I've come to think that the best cities to visit for games are those with good food, unique and interesting sites, and greet tailgates. Based on those criteria, Atlanta isn't really that bad

12 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

But, does that make it a bad city to visit? I've come to think that the best cities to visit for games are those with good food, unique and interesting sites, and greet tailgates. Based on those criteria, Atlanta isn't really that bad

I think I misread the question.

Mercedes Benz dome is pretty fantastic.  I went to the Bills Falcons game last year and it looked half empty.  Found out later that the game was sold out and people were there....just not in the seats.  There's so much activity inside the stadium that it does take away from the people watching the actual game.  I went to the bathroom and saw a restaurant packed.

People were watching the game on TV and not from their seats.  

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Mercedes Benz dome is pretty fantastic.  I went to the Bills Falcons game last year and it looked half empty.  Found out later that the game was sold out and people were there....just not in the seats.  There's so much activity inside the stadium that it does take away from the people watching the actual game.  I went to the bathroom and saw a restaurant packed.

I really don't understand why anyone would ever go to the football stadium to watch a football game and then sit in a restaurant and watch it on TV at the stadium. People are really strange.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 3

I have had to work in every NFL city-not related to anything sports- and I did not enjoy Seattle at all. I generally look for sport bars with people that root for the local team and have some clue of events in sports otherwise, Seattle did not have either. Each night I tried someplace new for a month and never found one. When I see someone ripping Jax I am surprised because they have a nice beach and lots of sports bars and friendly people.  But I think everyone would love New Orleans.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I have had to work in every NFL city-not related to anything sports- and I did not enjoy Seattle at all. I generally look for sport bars with people that root for the local team and have some clue of events in sports otherwise, Seattle did not have either. Each night I tried someplace new for a month and never found one. When I see someone ripping Jax I am surprised because they have a nice beach and lots of sports bars and friendly people.  But I think everyone would love New Orleans.

I think you are onto something in terms of the sports bars in that city. The sports bars in Bellingham are more populous and more informed than those in Seattle itself. But, when it comes to food, activities, sites and great neighbourhoods to walk, Seattle really is a great city. It's the one that I've been to the most games in aside from Buffalo, so I may be a little bit biased.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

On 7/20/2018 at 3:50 PM, BillsPride12 said:

I've done NFL trips in Baltimore, Cleveland, Denver, Kansas City, and Chicago so far and in my opinion Kansas City was the most boring city..but I will give them their props for having excellent BBQ joints

They rebuilt the stadium in KC and it looks fantastic. At least the feature I watched on TV a few years back. I have never been there.

On 7/20/2018 at 6:45 PM, BUFFALOKIE said:

It has to be Indianapolis, right? I have only drive through, so my assessment may be ignorant, but that would be the last place I would venture to for a football game! 

Kind of a random thought, sorry. 

Green Bay, Buffalo, and Indy. 

5 hours ago, Dante said:

They rebuilt the stadium in KC and it looks fantastic. At least the feature I watched on TV a few years back. I have never been there.

Yeah the stadium was awesome.  Great fans, fun gameday atmosphere.  For a football trip Kansas City is a must...as far as the city itself I found it to be boring.  The bar scene was pretty weak, not a ton of sightseeing stuff to do etc. 

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Yeah the stadium was awesome.  Great fans, fun gameday atmosphere.  For a football trip Kansas City is a must...as far as the city itself I found it to be boring.  The bar scene was pretty weak, not a ton of sightseeing stuff to do etc. 

As close as I am, I've never been to KC. But I see it the same way as you...I hope to see a game there in the near future for their attractive game day experience. I've said that for years but can never pony up and find a traveling partner willing to pony up for NFL ticket prices. Other than their BBQ reputation, I have no incentive to visit if not for foolsball. OK has just as good BBQ as anyone, so...boo to KC.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

1 hour ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

As close as I am, I've never been to KC. But I see it the same way as you...I hope to see a game there in the near future for their attractive game day experience. I've said that for years but can never pony up and find a traveling partner willing to pony up for NFL ticket prices. Other than their BBQ reputation, I have no incentive to visit if not for foolsball. OK has just as good BBQ as anyone, so...boo to KC.

Oh yeah definitely don't let my other post steer you from going to a Chiefs game...it is absolutely a fun football trip.  The BBQ joints are delicious and were fun places to hang as there were lots of other Bills fans there too.  The tailgating was great and the stadium is beautiful(I'm much more a fan of the traditional stadiums than the new ones being built these days). So for those things KC ranks very high on my list but as far as stuff to do in the city and nightlife KC ranks right at the bottom out of the away games I've done but I am one of those guys who can have fun anywhere I go so I certainly don't want it to seem like I am complaining about the time I had when I was there.

Well if anyone ever wants to come to New Orleans I’ll be happy to put together an itinerary. It can range from degenerate to total degenerate and I’ll only charge a couple hundred. After my brother’s bachelor party my friends and I are entertaining the thought of starting a niche travel agency. Basically for  a few hundred bucks we will plan out your weekend with a money back guarantee (that doesn’t apply if you are pissed that you got robbed in the French Quarter). 

On 7/23/2018 at 3:14 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I was heading to an Atlanta MLS game a few weeks ago and put Mercedes Benz Dome into Uber. They wanted to take me to New Orleans, and it would have been pricey! Kirby would have been worth the $200 moderate degenerate tour, but I went for Mercedes Benz stadium and stuck to soccer. I really thought it was the MB Dome, and now I’m not sure.

On 7/23/2018 at 5:17 PM, MiltonWaddams said:

I really don't understand why anyone would ever go to the football stadium to watch a football game and then sit in a restaurant and watch it on TV at the stadium. People are really strange.

While I generally agree with this, there was a Bills game in Jax maybe 10 years ago that was the most miserable sporting event I have ever attended. Even Marcus Stroud, a Bill fresh from years in Jax, said it was the hottest %#@$&*%$ game he’s ever played in. They were rotating OLine. We had expensive seats, and realized at one point were were the only people left in our row. BLISTERING hot, and I lived in FL at the time. We eventually joined everyone else hiding in the shade and AC afforded by the club section and watched on TV. BRUTAL!