Bills Moments That Have Made you Worry About Your Health

My friend and I were discussing times throughout the years that we have been so effected by a moment during a game that we thought we were going to have a heart-attack or stroke. We later realized that we may just need to lay-off the wings and beer, but ultimately determined a few distinct moments:
- Stevie drop against Pitt in OT
- Stevie/Chandler fumbles against Atlanta in OT
- Pass interference call in Jags London game after we took the lead in the fourth

What are some moments that you've felt physically ill or like you were going to have a stroke during a game?

2 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

I have never been to that point. Ever since I became a fan my motto is EXPECT NOTHING, observe .

Perhaps this should be considered as the marketing tagline for the upcoming season.

2018 Buffalo Bills Football

EXPECT NOTHING

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Perhaps this should be considered as the marketing tagline for the upcoming season.

EXPECT NOTHING

I was thinking:  "The drought is over... what more do you want?"

I see a separate 2018-2019 season marketing slogan thread on the horizon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Dallas MNF game that we blew. I came VERY close to smashing a remote control. I only get upset for about 5 minutes now that I'm 40 and then I remember there is more good football on that day, and then watch those games.

Plus I'm pretty hammered by 4:15.

• Haha (+1) 1

who was the player that fumbled against the *Pats in the prime time game? we led most of the game, the *Pats scored and kicked off, he hesitated and then left the end zone, where the *Pats promptly held him while others stripped the ball. i thought it was McKelvin. of course we end up losing.

anyway, that moment for me. especially since it was prime time and a key *Pats' player was just coming back (Tedy Bruschi I think) and the cameras kept showing close-ups of him.

the Throwback Titans game in 99. I didn't actually fear for my health but was watching the game at my house with a few friends and after the bills scored to go up, right before the kickoff, my buddy kept saying that the Titans are gonna run it back watch, when they did we beat his AZZ!

• Like (+1) 1

Wide right and the illegal lateral game... The greatest comeback game too because of how down I was at half time and the first possession... then the increased heart rate during the comeback and OT... Could feel my heart pounding though because of a good thing.  Also the playoff game during the late 70s Bills were up 10-14 points till Haslett step on Bradshaw’s head and got kicked out.  Ended a devasting D performance against Pitt and Bradshaw found time to throw two bombs to Swan and Stallworth and pull out a win on their way to another Superbowl... :(

Edited by North Buffalo

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

EXPECT NOTHING

You guys should try this, I learned it from my father when it comes to sports. Never expect the Bills to win or lose.

Just observe, you will be a lot happier fan. Takes a little discipline though..

35 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

MNF 2007 Bills/Cowboys.    Never again.   

This was the game for me too.  At Lodos in downtown Denver, the Bills Backers bar, I was slamming my hand on old banister so hard after the collapse that I am sure I broke my thumb.  I never had it X rayed and it went away months and months later but I am pretty sure I did some physical damage.   Nothing long term thankfully. 

3 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

This was the game for me too.  At Lodos in downtown Denver, the Bills Backers bar, I was slamming my hand on old banister so hard after the collapse that I am sure I broke my thumb.  I never had it X rayed and it went away months and months later but I am pretty sure I did some physical damage.   Nothing long term thankfully. 

I was alone in my restaurant I had closed around 930 and stuck around to watch the debacle.   I could have burned the place to the ground I was so pissed.  Then had a 50 minute drive home too.  

• Haha (+1) 1