LeSean McCoy allegations

Catch the perpetrator and if there is any history between him/mccoy than its time to start looking for another RB very very quickly.....if not than lets move forward to the new season.....

4 minutes ago, billsfan2298 said:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/10/lesean-mccoy-victim-delicia-cordon-lawyer-attack/

According to this new article, the robber demanded jewelry that McCoy had demanded his girlfriend return earlier. He had also recently changed the house's security system, and there were no signs of forced entry.

Well, at least we are getting a little more concerning this. That doesn’t sound good but more will come out one way or the other.

23 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

You can't be a squatter in a home you made with your partner. In the law she's a tenet in the family home. It's different because they lived there together and sought to make a home together.

My wife’s an attorney and I just asked her in general terms about this situation. She’s not in property law but said that from what she could remember she thought it was generally fairly difficult to obtain “squatters rights” and its usually based on a fairly lengthy amount of time. She also thought that most states didn’t really have common law marriage type stuff on the books anymore that would give rights to property. Also said that every state is totally different though and that it could be totally possible. So id say unless someone around here is a lawyer in Georgia we have no clue without doing some research.

38 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He lived with her in this home right? In most states it becomes common law and you have to evict like a wife. It's like joint property until it's not. She doesn't have to have her name on the deed because it used to be husbands owned the property and could kick the wife out. They law is now you have to break up the property through the courts. He has to prove she has no rights to the property. If not he could have called the sheriff and removed her. This is not a girl you're dating, they lived in the home together. It's her house until the court removes her.

No, most states don't recognize common law marriage, and those that do (and GA is not one of them) have requirements stricter than "living together."  

In this case, it's just a straight eviction.  Which is difficult enough - it can take as long as a year.

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

No. This is his problem. He has to wait for the court to remove her, until they do it's her home. They don't make you move if you have made a home with the other person. It's like being married. The court will have to give him the house back. I'd bet officers told him this many times.

Long story but shortened up. My stepmom owned a rental home. Had a similar situation but with a couple squatting. Wouldn't budge for months. Her son (my stepbrother) let's just say, was involved in the waste management industry. Dabbling a little in private loans etc. He knew/had his own private "negotiators" who were accustomed to more difficult situations I'm sure.  He sent a couple of them to convince the squatters it would be prudent for them to move on and find residence elsewhere.

No waiting a year. None of this "it's her home until the courts decide" nonsense. They were out the next day if I recall.

3 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

My wife’s an attorney and I just asked her in general terms about this situation. She’s not in property law but said that from what she could remember she thought it was generally fairly difficult to obtain “squatters rights” and its usually based on a fairly lengthy amount of time. She also thought that most states didn’t really have common law marriage type stuff on the books anymore that would give rights to property. Also said that every state is totally different though and that it could be totally possible. So id say unless someone around here is a lawyer in Georgia we have no clue without doing some research.

Not squatter's rights, but she probably has and can argue tenants' rights.  

Two things I'm certain of: 1) she's not trespassing - legally, at least, and 2) she doesn't have any sort of common-law marital right to the property.  Those two extremes are pretty straightforward.  Everything between is highly dependent on state and local laws...but I'd lay odds on her being considered a tenant under Georgia law.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, most states don't recognize common law marriage, and those that do (and GA is not one of them) have requirements stricter than "living together."  

In this case, it's just a straight eviction.  Which is difficult enough - it can take as long as a year.

Yeah I don't care about the title of marriage. It's the rights I'm talking about. In most states if you make a home together you get rights of a spouse until those rights are adjudicated.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

It strikes me that that's one sorry ass legal motion.  Tanya Mitchell Graham must be  a ten-cent lawyer, as it surely reads like someone who got their law degree by watching My Cousin Vinny...

It does.

I particularly like the "He talked about marrying me on May 31, then tried to kick me out June 1."  That...doesn't actually matter.

2 minutes ago, Dante said:

Long story but shortened up. My stepmom owned a rental home. Had a similar situation but with a couple squatting. Wouldn't budge for months. Her son (my stepbrother) let's just say, was involved in the waste management industry. Dabbling a little in private loans etc. He knew/had his own private "negotiators" who were accustomed to more difficult situations I'm sure.  He sent a couple of them to convince the squatters it would be prudent for them to move on and find residence elsewhere.

No waiting a year. None of this "it's her home until the courts decide" nonsense. They were out the next day if I recall.

Its not even the same. It would to be if your stepmom sent them after you dad. I'm sure your dad would say screw you this is my home too.

16 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Honestly it gives her more motive to set him up. 

My 1st thought was it looked staged. 

I thought it was odd that the police report said that both women were treated and released from the hospital.   From the looks of the photo i would have thought she would have had to spend at least one overnight. 

If she was at MCCOY'S house, why would he hire someone to go to HIS house and get his stuff? How about he just goes to HIS house and gets it? Why would anyone hire someone to go to their house to demand their stuff? Makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Yeah I don't care about the title of marriage. It's the rights I'm talking about. In most states if you make a home together you get rights of a spouse until those rights are adjudicated.

No, you don't.  If you're living with someone in a house deeded to that someone in entirety, and that someone decides to kick you out, you don't have the rights of a spouse, because you don't own the house as any sort of joint tenant.  You'd be considered a tenant, subject to eviction.

That's actually pretty straightforward real estate law.  Not a lot of grey area there.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

If she was at MCCOY'S house, why would he hire someone to go to HIS house and get his stuff? How about he just goes to HIS house and gets it? Why would anyone hire someone to go to their house to demand their stuff? Makes no sense. 

Actually, it makes a lot of sense if McCoy wasn’t allowed in the home.