#WalkAway

The Great Awakening.

SALENA ZITO

The half-circle of 13 chairs that framed the statue of President Harry Truman in the heart of the historic Independence Square this past fall was placed there in the days after 13 American soldiers were killed in the attack on the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan, in late August.

The flags on either side of Truman flew at half-mast, with the chairs bearing the names of each service member lost in that attack. All hailed from small-town corners of our country. Their average age was 22. Eleven were Marines, one was a member of the Army, one a Navy medic. . . .

The loss of these brave service members marked the beginning of an awakening. Many people stepped outside the comfort of their political beliefs and began to question everything coming out of the government.

Few national journalists noticed it at its inception because few national journalists leave their desks or disconnect from Twitter long enough to listen to people outside of their bubble. Had they listened, they would have heard the questions and the doubts.

The more Joe Biden’s White House stubbornly and willfully refused to answer questions and insisted it had acted rightly, the more distrust in government grew.

The images of Biden walking away, his back to the press and metaphorically to the people, in the days and weeks after the pullout projected arrogance and negligence. When he repeated that exit, it only served to hasten the awakening.

Soon, the questions about Afghanistan became questions about how the government was handling the pandemic — in particular the mandates, masking, and the treatment of our children. Many people had been afraid to make their complaints public — they saw how lives and livelihoods could be destroyed if you questioned the motives of the government or teachers unions.

Across the political spectrum, people who had been struggling so hard to keep their businesses open and their children in school or who dared to question the usage of masks or the authority of the government were called racists, fascists, grandma-killers, insurrectionists, and white supremacists.

Never mind that most of them had done all of the right things. They stayed home at the beginning, washed their cardboard Amazon boxes before they opened them, refrained from hugging their parents and children and grandchildren, lost jobs, lost friends, lost family members, got boosted, saw their children flail emotionally and academically. They watched crime escalate in their cities and suburbs. They watched depression and suicide affect their loved ones and fentanyl flood their nice neighborhoods and communities. They watched their cities turn into ghost towns and their grocery and energy bills diminish their wealth.

No one in the press really picked up on this movement. They see everything as either Republican or Democratic. This awakening is not so easily characterized. It is an inside-outside movement reacting to a government that chose to play politics with the virus and continue a long-standing partisan battle.

This week, it finally became acceptable among the insider set to say that the pandemic is over. But this abrupt change is part of an apparently coordinated effort to save a political tribe; as such, it does not pass the smell test for most people.

More at the link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/the-great-awakening

It was amazing how so many people could have so much hate for 1 man when prior to that every one that was ever around him wanted to be his buddy wanted to have a picture taken with him or just rub elbows with him then he got elected & he was the biggest A hole ever but he really hadn't changed .

He has always went against the grain and i believe that was a huge reason why he was so hated by the old guard in DC because he through practical experience learned from his mistakes how to run a business which if the US isn't a business i don't know what it is .

The old guard though had their wheels in motion with all of their agenda's on both sides and here came a guy that they feared would blow it all up & show a new & different way of doing things cutting his own path instead of following the yellow brick road & he did in a lot of ways that's why gas went down & our energy independence was as it was while he was in office but it didn't take long o turn that back around .

It still amazes me that there are those that see today as better than it was not so long ago all because of there hate it's actually pretty scary to think that with even seeing the difference they think it's better & still stick to their guns but it is good to see a awakening in some that can actually see the forest for the trees unlike some .

• 2 weeks later...

South Carolina Dem defects to run as a Republican :‘It became apparent that I am not a Democrat’

The last elected Democrat in Dorchester County, South Carolina, County Councilwoman Harriet Holman, defected to the Republican Party on Monday

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/02/24/south-carolina-dem-defects-to-run-as-a-republican-it-became-apparent-that-i-am-not-a-democrat-1204970/

• 1 month later...

‘The Democratic Party Left Me’: Lifelong Democrat, Former Police Chief Changes Parties, Makes Run For Congress

by Amanda Prestigiacomo

A former New York police chief and longtime Democrat says he is so disgusted with the contempt members of his party have for cops that he is running for Congress as a Republican.Former Rochester Police Chief La’Ron Singletary, who is vying to represent the Empire State’s 25th Congressional District, told The Daily Wire he can no longer support the Democrat Party because of its anti-police rhetoric.“The demonization, the demoralization, and the defunding the police rhetoric from the Democratic Party, coupled with other ideologies the Democratic Party started to take on caused me to leave the party,”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/the-democratic-party-left-me-lifelong-democrat-former-police-chief-changes-parties-makes-run-for-congress

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MEGHAN MURPHY: Why I left the left.

I wanted the left to change. That’s why I stuck around for so long. I wanted to be a voice of dissent in the movement and to push for something better. I warned that this kind of censorious, cowardly silencing and refusal to have any critical debate about ideas would lead to the left’s failure. But progressives only doubled down – clinging ever-more tightly to ideologies and mantras that are irrational and regressive, and censoring anyone who dared challenge them.

The left, seemingly along with most feminists, has now decided it no longer knows what a woman is, and that anyone who claims to know must be silenced.

At a certain point, we have to stop pretending this is just about a few bad apples. We have to stop hanging on, imagining this group will come around. It is time to deal with reality, not wishful thinking: this is the left now, whether we like it or not.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/06/08/why-i-left-the-left/

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Well this turned out well. Voters walked alright. Walked right to the Dems who took both houses of Congress and fired that bum Trump. 

Tucker Carlson’s on television every night of the week for an hour and you had to go back four years to find something he said that you believe he was wrong about? Alrighty then. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tucker Carlson’s on television every night of the week for an hour and you had to go back four years to find something he said that you believe he was wrong about? Alrighty then. 

No, pointing out how the whole thread and this "walk away" nonsense is absurd. That clear it up for you? 

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s called concern. Whether you like it or not we have a community of posters on here, and we can all read trending in each other’s posts. Again, hope you’re well. 

I agree.  Tibs are you ok?   This is all in good fun.  I’m worried about you girl.  Hang in there.  
image.jpeg.f3953f3eb91be47ca8b9b449d287c7f2.jpeg

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

REMINDER:

Democrats are losing ground with the fastest-growing political bloc: Asian Americans

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/19/politics/democrats-asian-americans-biden-carter/index.html

Latino evangelical leader sees major voter shifts

Rev. Samuel Rodriguez Jr. during the 2021 King Holiday Observance Beloved Community Commemorative Service in Atlanta. Photo: Paras Griffin/Getty Images

The leader of the world's largest Hispanic evangelical organization tells Axios that he believes U.S. Latinos are moving away from the Democratic Party as more of them embrace evangelical churches and conservative beliefs.

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/23/latino-evangelical-leader-latino-voters

My Democratic abuelos raised me. Here's why I'm now a Republican running for Congress.

USA Today, by Alexis Martinez Johnson

My abuelos, who were Democrats, raised me to live the American dream in my hometown of Roswell, New Mexico. My grandfather spent his days digging ditches to provide for my schooling, put food on the table and keep me clothed. From there, I worked hard and excelled in my studies so that I was able to go to college, graduating from New Mexico Tech with a degree in environmental engineering. Now, I'm running for Congress – as a Republican. I'm not alone among my fellow Latinos in moving from a Democratic past to a Republican present.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/my-democratic-abuelos-raised-me-heres-why-im-now-a-republican-running-for-congress/ar-AAZur8A

To the Post and far left, but I repeat myself, everything that somebody on the right says is "disinformation."

Good thing we have the Post to progressive whitesplain to all those ignorant Latinos what the truth is.

"An epidemic of Spanish-language right-wing disinformation that spiked around the 2020 election on social media platforms, and in some big-city AM radio stations, is revving up again .. ahead of the fall midterms. "

Writes Lizette Alvarez, in "Fake news speaks many languages, but it’s particularly fond of Spanish" (WaPo).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/18/spanish-language-media-disinformation/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/18/politics/cnn-poll-joe-biden-economy-us/index.html

Among people of color, 45% now approve of Biden's overall performance, down from 54% in the spring. That decline includes a 6-point dip among Black adults and a 9-point decline among Hispanic adults. Biden's approval ratings for handling the economy and inflation now break negative among Black adults, who have been among the President's strongest backers (47% approve and 52% disapprove on the economy, while 34% approve and 65% disapprove on inflation).

Never ever ever ever vote Democrat 

Going to be worse next summer btw.....

Delta Air Lines CEO just revealed a harsh truth about why your flight was canceled

In 2020, Delta was one of several airlines to lay off thousands of staff. The travel chaos of 2022 is a story about the pandemic recession and labor shortage.

Nowhere is this clearer than the gap between staffing and air travel capacity: Bastian reported that Delta had recovered to 95% of the staffing level from 2019 pre-pandemic levels, but the airline was only operating at 82% of air travel capacity. In other words, a nearly fully staffed Delta is operating close to 20% below its peak level. To understand why, you have to go back to the brief pandemic recession of 2020, when Delta was one of several airlines to lay off staff—and accept government bailout money.

https://fortune.com/2022/07/16/why-are-so-many-flights-getting-canceled-delta-air-lines-ed-bastian-earnings-summer-travel/

• Like (+1) 1

Van Jones: Biden’s Economy Making Things ‘Worse’ for the Black Community

Thursday on CNN’s “New Day,” network political commentator Van Jones urged President Joe Biden to take the economy more “seriously” with how it has affected black people.

According to Jones, inflation and the record-high gas prices have “really walloped the black community.” After pointing out how black voters had shown up to vote in recent elections expecting to make things better for themselves, Jones argued it had actually gotten “worse.”

“I think for African American voters, in particular, there is a special heartbreak because, first of all, the pain is more intense,” Jones outlined. “You know, the rising gas prices, food prices, really walloped the black community in a particular way.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/21/van-jones-bidens-economy-making-things-worse-for-the-black-community/

At least voting D for 60 years and electing the first Black President we finally ended racism.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pennsylvania Democrats switched parties in large numbers

JAZZ SHAW Aug 04, 2022 9:46 AM ET

8f274b3b-96b7-44f2-be8a-de3611919b5e-860

Registration records show that Democrats have been switching parties at a brisk pace this year and registering as Republicans. It’s not exactly a tidal wave, but the numbers could easily be large enough in several counties that Biden carried narrowly in 2020 to flip them from blue to red.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/08/04/pennsylvania-democrats-switched-parties-in-large-numbers-n487381

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

Pennsylvania Democrats switched parties in large numbers

JAZZ SHAW Aug 04, 2022 9:46 AM ET

8f274b3b-96b7-44f2-be8a-de3611919b5e-860

Registration records show that Democrats have been switching parties at a brisk pace this year and registering as Republicans. It’s not exactly a tidal wave, but the numbers could easily be large enough in several counties that Biden carried narrowly in 2020 to flip them from blue to red.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/08/04/pennsylvania-democrats-switched-parties-in-large-numbers-n487381

Could just be democrats that want to jack up the primary… it’s not new. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...