Should Sarah Huckabee-Sanders be allowed to eat in peace?

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

"In no way?"  They have the same name.  That's enough evidence of guilt to publicly shame them.  

The left wants mob rule, they shouldn't complain when they achieve it.

But they will. Because snowflakes can only give it and never take it.

Wilkinson said. “I explained that the restaurant has certain standards that I feel it has to uphold, such as honesty, and compassion, and cooperation."

1) A political litmus test for dining?  

2) This could have been prevented with !@#$ing irony classes...

21 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I kinda wonder if the server who actually had the 8 top voted to boot $100+ out the door.

That's assuming the twat is telling the truth in the first place...

A foreign concept to your lot, choosing principle over profits.

48 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Then that's not the free market, you dope.

Can you go three seconds without contradicting your own silly posts?  Better yet, why don't you give us your actual opinion on the matter instead of regurgitating leftist talking points that you don't understand?

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

The free market deciding the cost of being a deplorable.

Edited by BringBackOrton

Been on the road the past few days, and haven't been able to chime in as much as I'd like on certain topics. But I'll say a few things about this one: 

First, I'm stunned (and pleased) by 34. When I saw he started this thread, I expected a troll fest. I'm still leery to be honest but still, good on 34. :beer: 

Second, I've been saying for almost two years now that this was coming. That there would be a push to incite violence as a means to distract and deflect from the bigger crimes that are being revealed. And make no mistake, this is all drummed up, faux outrage pushed to DEFLECT from very serious crimes being exposed. Trump may be a narcissistic blowhard with twitter tourette's, but he's not Hitler. Literally everything that people feared Trump would do if he won has turned out not to have happened - including colluding with Russians. But yet, the outrage machine has ratcheted up to eleven. This isn't just about one election, this is about an entrenched cabal inside our government that spans across the aisle, and right now is fighting for their lives. They've been using their propaganda tools to full effect for 24+ months - trying to divide, scare, and inflame the situation to the point of violence. 

We're about to cross a very dangerous threshold in this country and it's going to be up to the Buftex's of the country to realize their folly and pull back their compatriot's before it's too late. Make no mistake, these aren't democrats pushing these attacks - and yes, these are attacks. This particular example with Sanders is not, but look at what happened to Bondi, or Neilsen - these are powder kegs waiting for a match, not protests. It's violent, unruly, mob like behavior - that's being encouraged by the media and politicians alike. Not because they believe in the righteousness of the cause (well, some do) but because they're trying to distract, divide, and SAVE THEIR OWN ASSES. Let's not forget, we've had two mass shootings in that same time frame which were both (likely) aimed at killing Trump supporters. One shot up a baseball field full of congressmen, the other opened fire on a bunch of country music fans.

The people pushing this and organizing these events are fascists, not democrats. Worse, they're a blend of Leninist fascists. It's going to take the reasoned and intelligent people on the left (they exist, and are the majority, despite the hype) to pump the brakes and start calling this out for what it is. It's not #resisting - it's an attempt to incite very real violence and bloodshed. You have politicians like Waters calling for the continuation of these dangerous situations because she is HOPING for a riot. Hoping for violence. Hoping for war in the streets. Because she's dirty as !@#$ and knows judgment is coming. She's willing to risk bloodshed to save her ass - just like the rest of them. These aren't people we should be defending, let alone listening to. These are people we should be calling out for who they are. 

Stop and ask yourself why this is escalating so quickly. We've had mobs before in this country, we've had crazy lefty (and righty) groups over the years harass politicians and supporters. We've even had that turn terribly violent. But in modern times those acts have always been condemned by both sides.

Not now... 

The fringes on both sides are trying to start something nasty. We cannot let them succeed. And if we can't be adult enough to reach across the aisle and de-escalate the rhetoric, then we need people like Buftex to wake the !@#$ up and realize that they're being manipulated in the most dangerous of ways. 

July is going to be worse. Stay safe, PPP. :beer: 

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-protesters-gather-outside-homeland-1529684904-htmlstory.html

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32228/watch-shouting-and-spitting-lefty-protesters-hound-ryan-saavedra

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Been on the road the past few days, and haven't been able to chime in as much as I'd like on certain topics. But I'll say a few things about this one: 

First, I'm stunned (and pleased) by 34. When I saw he started this thread, I expected a troll fest. I'm still leery to be honest but still, good on 34. :beer: 

Second, I've been saying for almost two years now that this was coming. That there would be a push to incite violence as a means to distract and deflect from the bigger crimes that are being revealed. And make no mistake, this is all drummed up, faux outrage pushed to DEFLECT from very serious crimes being exposed. Trump may be a narcissistic blowhard with twitter tourette's, but he's not Hitler. Literally everything that people feared Trump would do if he won has turned out not to have happened - including colluding with Russians. But yet, the outrage machine has ratcheted up to eleven. This isn't just about one election, this is about an entrenched cabal inside our government that spans across the aisle, and right now is fighting for their lives. They've been using their propaganda tools to full effect for 24+ months - trying to divide, scare, and inflame the situation to the point of violence. 

We're about to cross a very dangerous threshold in this country and it's going to be up to the Buftex's of the country to realize their folly and pull back their compatriot's before it's too late. Make no mistake, these aren't democrats pushing these attacks - and yes, these are attacks. This particular example with Sanders is not, but look at what happened to Bondi, or Neilsen - these are powder kegs waiting for a match, not protests. It's violent, unruly, mob like behavior - that's being encouraged by the media and politicians alike. Not because they believe in the righteousness of the cause (well, some do) but because they're trying to distract, divide, and SAVE THEIR OWN ASSES. Let's not forget, we've had two mass shootings in that same time frame which were both (likely) aimed at killing Trump supporters. One shot up a baseball field full of congressmen, the other opened fire on a bunch of country music fans.

The people pushing this and organizing these events are fascists, not democrats. Worse, they're a blend of Leninist fascists. It's going to take the reasoned and intelligent people on the left (they exist, and are the majority, despite the hype) to pump the brakes and start calling this out for what it is. It's not #resisting - it's an attempt to incite very real violence and bloodshed. You have politicians like Waters calling for the continuation of these dangerous situations because she is HOPING for a riot. Hoping for violence. Hoping for war in the streets. Because she's dirty as !@#$ and knows judgment is coming. She's willing to risk bloodshed to save her ass - just like the rest of them. These aren't people we should be defending, let alone listening to. These are people we should be calling out for who they are. 

Stop and ask yourself why this is escalating so quickly. We've had mobs before in this country, we've had crazy lefty (and righty) groups over the years harass politicians and supporters. We've even had that turn terribly violent. But in modern times those acts have always been condemned by both sides.

Not now... 

The fringes on both sides are trying to start something nasty. We cannot let them succeed. And if we can't be adult enough to reach across the aisle and de-escalate the rhetoric, then we need people like Buftex to wake the !@#$ up and realize that they're being manipulated in the most dangerous of ways. 

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-protesters-gather-outside-homeland-1529684904-htmlstory.html

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32228/watch-shouting-and-spitting-lefty-protesters-hound-ryan-saavedra

Sweet jesus...

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buftex said:

:o Which non-profit principle values a pork chop at 28 bucks?!

Look, I totally see where you're coming from... I just think trading in our dinner blazers for flak-jackets is a scary frickin' thought.

If we turn every aspect of American life into a battleground, we're doing more harm than good. -Regardless of what side we're on.

RED HEN SAMPLE MENU

540.464.4401 ~ 11 E. Washington St ~ Tue – Sat 5 – 9ish

APPETIZERS

Local Greens Salad $9

Marinated Tomatoes & Pickled Onions / Fresh Herb & Grana Padano Dressing

Smoked Salmon Gribiche $9

Flying Fox Farm Duck Eggs / Coriander / Cucumber & Radish

Classic Steak Tartare $9

Buffalo Creek Beef / Palmers Prairie Quail Egg / House Baguette

Cheese & Crackers $12

Selection of 3 Cheeses from “Cheese to You”/ Lavosh / Accoutrements

ENTREES

Trout Grenobloise $26

Parsnip Puree / Stonehouse Farm Swiss Chard / Mrs Hayes’s Heirloom Tomatoes

Pan-Seared Pork Chop $28

Wades Mill Goat Cheese Grits / Caramelized Sunflower Flats Onions / Dijon Jus

Braised Leg of Lamb $25

Shenandoah Lamb Co. Lamb / Harissa-spiced Wades Mill Polenta / Fennel & Dill Salad

Chanterelle & Scape Risotto $24

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

"In no way?"  They have the same name.  That's enough evidence of guilt to publicly shame them.  

The left wants mob rule, they shouldn't complain when they achieve it.

Geesus, one women does something and the left wants Mob rule? 

If you listen to fools, the mob rules!! 

18 hours ago, /dev/null said:

On a side note, how many Czars has Trump appointed?  I recall Obama and GW Bush both had more Czars than the Romanovs, but not much about Trump Czars

No one wants to work for this idiot. They can't even go to restaurants 

17 hours ago, Juror#8 said:

Good point but to be fair I wasn’t analogizing those circumstances to justify the happening of one or the other. 

Wasn't necessarily aimed as a direct response to you.  Yours just happened to be the most recent post that mentioned the comparison

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not now... 

The tears of conservative snowflakes....your struggle is real!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, baskin said:

I would not be proudly applauding the social lives of politicians be ruined, the right is far more mean and very effective in making it worse.

very effective....

4 minutes ago, baskin said:

Serious question:  Are you hoping to have real violence in the streets?

Because that's the way this is trending.

Why are you so rapidly working to shed the veil of civility?  Why do you now take such issue with the peaceful transfer of power?

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Why are you so rapidly working to shed the veil of civility?  Why do you now take such issue with the peaceful transfer of power?

Baskin's only purpose with that post was simply another lame attempt to associate the term "snowflake" with the right. I find it particularly funny that he gets so butthurt over a term that describes people who get butthurt so easily.

2 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Baskin's only purpose with that post was simply another lame attempt to associate the term "snowflake" with the right. I find it particularly funny that he gets so butthurt over a term that describes people who get butthurt so easily.

I don't know.  I don't find him to be particularly honest or introspective.

I also find it problematic that individuals like him are taking a term used to describe people who are outraged to the point of no-platforming and rioting over the expression of ideas they oppose politically, and applying it to people who are actively being no-platformed, discriminated against, and in some cases assaulted.

The next place this goes is going to be very ugly.  There are metaphorical powder kegs being built all over this country, and when they start to go off, there is no turning back.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Their "principled protests" are just a prolonged temper tantrum. Ironic he uses the term "snowflake."

These dipshits have no more long term view of the outcome of their behavior than they do of their marxist economic policies.

They'll do what they always do. Passionately follow the bidding of their cult leaders with no fundamental understanding of their own movement, and when it falls apart they'll claim the movement became corrupted and they need to be the ones to fix and control everything.

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The next place this goes is going to be very ugly.  There are metaphorical powder kegs being built all over this country, and when they start to go off, there is no turning back.

Probably a few literal ones, too.  I wonder how long it'll be before someone takes a shot at Nielsen, or burns down the Red Hen.

For people who think this is an abstraction, I work at DHS right now.  I fear for my safety going in to work every day.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Probably a few literal ones, too.  I wonder how long it'll be before someone takes a shot at Nielsen, or burns down the Red Hen.

For people who think this is an abstraction, I work at DHS right now.  I fear for my safety going in to work every day.

I'm 100% with you on this.

People laugh at the idea of a civil war, but are ignorant of the past.

We're on the precipice, and I'm searching for cooler heads, almost completely in vain.

5 hours ago, #34fan said:

:o Which non-profit principle values a pork chop at 28 bucks?!

Look, I totally see where you're coming from... I just think trading in our dinner blazers for flak-jackets is a scary frickin' thought.

If we turn every aspect of American life into a battleground, we're doing more harm than good. -Regardless of what side we're on.

No, I don't want to see that either.

Edited by Buftex

21 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Then why are you continually celebrating the idea?  Why do you insist on labeling those who you disagree with politically as deplorable? 

You are, quite literally, ratcheting up the rhetoric which is driving the divide.

The left does not hold a moral high ground.  They are not care takers of some special truth, and they do not march towards "progress" with an eye towards being "on the right side of history".

All you have are ideas about governing, which differ from the ideas of those on the right.  Some are good, or have been historically good.  Others are bad, and have been historically tragic.

That's it.

Where we are now is no different, and I happen to believe, with an eye looking back over my shoulder towards history, that the left is currently revisiting an idea that proved to be a very bad one historically.  The politics of division and group identity are dangerous and destructive.  They tear down healthy societies, and plunge them into war and poverty.

They deny individuals the right to their ideas, and work to silence debate in favor of rigid ideology.

This is the way to war.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, baskin said:

Conservatives have joked about drinking the tears of liberal snowflakes since you first put on a onesie and posed with a cup of coffee.

Are you so dependent on repeartng the thoughts of others that you can't even come up with your own jab?

So lazy.

Edited by LABillzFan

34 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Yet you are one of the most bitter partisans here. You approach a discussion with your guns drawn and aimed. I can't recall you ever being part of a real discussion or adding a perspective. You spew hate as if it is your purpose in life. Sad.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm 100% with you on this.

People laugh at the idea of a civil war, but are ignorant of the past.

We're on the precipice, and I'm searching for cooler heads, almost completely in vain.

over what, you didn't get an A after you only studied a few hours the night before your organic chemistry mid-term and failed?

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Or gasp! They try and separate Huckabee from her children and stick them in a camp! 

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Gonna get one of those !@#$ your feelings shirts.

Pretty sure they sell them in towels these days.....for you and SHS to wipe up your conservative snowflake tears!

6 minutes ago, baskin said:

Capture.JPG

What is your point?  That wearing a stupid t-shirt is the same as no-platforming, and violence?

Or is it that because some people who believe differently than you act stupidly that it's a good thing to escalate your own stupidity to the threshold of violence?

Or is it that since some people who believe differently than you act stupidly, that everyone who believes differently than you must be a deplorable racist whom it's ok to incite violence against?

Given your rhetoric, those are the only three options I can think of.

2 minutes ago, baskin said:

Pretty sure they sell them in towels these days.....for you and SHS to wipe up your conservative snowflake tears!

I use mine to clean the liberal tears of my "I really don't care, do you?" jacket.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/23/2018 at 12:41 PM, Buftex said:

I thought one of the big victories of the Trump era was that businesses could refuse service to anyone they find objectionable...bakers don't have to make cakes for gay weddings, and restaurants don't have to serve mouthpieces to Trump bull ****. It may be classless, but that is the way Trumpkins want it....no?

I've always thought when in business or your income depends on the public, it's foolish to show your political hand. No matter if your a restaurant or entertainer. To alienate at least half your potential customers or fan base is moronic. Like all left-wing useful idiots, their actions and thoughts are governed by emotion not logic.  So this guy did what all SJW's do.

Edited by Dante