Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

11 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I predict that Peterman  is going too start against Baltimore and that Allen is going to start when he is ready , also McCaron is going to be traded   , probably for a draft choice. Peterman is a better fit for the back up . 

If it's determined that the Bills are successful on offense with Peterman under center, I just hope the Bills don't do anything stupid.

I don't need to see Doug Flutie - Rob Johnson II.

When it's been determined that Josh Allen is "ready", with all the question marks he had coming out of college, he had better actually been ready.

5 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

If it's determined that the Bills are successful on offense with Peterman under center, I just hope the Bills don't do anything stupid.

I don't need to see Doug Flutie - Rob Johnson II.

When it's been determined that Josh Allen is "ready", with all the question marks he had coming out of college, he had better actually been ready.

I do not think it will happen that we will have a QB controversy , Peterman knows his  position is behind Allen  when he is ready and Mcd and Beane said they are not going to rush Allen .

1 hour ago, Wily Dog said:

I predict that Peterman  is going too start against Baltimore and that Allen is going to start when he is ready , also McCaron is going to be traded   , probably for a draft choice. Peterman is a better fit for the back up . 

i agree...and nothing against ajm. i think i read here earlier that nate went 12-15 and 3 tds. in practice. these are the stats i wanna see from our starter. the reason i give the nod over ajm is that i see nate as being the kind of guy that can put together an 80 yd. 7 or 8 for 10 with a score in roughly 2 mins. t.o.p.

i see ajm as the kind of guy that will go 6-10 with a score but probably around a 5 min. + drive. that being said, i feel better with nate in the 4th qtr when we need to put together a snappy effective drive.  as far as picks go, i don't see any one of these guys clearly above the rest. batted and tipped balls are gonna happen and account for 95% of ints. and i would actually think that nate's decisiveness will help limit these as well as helping out the oline.

i have previously thought the advantage would go to ajm as far as game planning for balt. ,but after watching the first game i see him needing an extra second or 2 of pass pro. i also think he has a slower throwing motion and when real ammo starts to fly, i'm afraid he will take a lot of sacks....putting more pressure on the line, causing more 3 and outs and not scoring on the needed amount of possessions.

this is all what i feel in my gut...and when peterman is under center, i feel as though i can expect results. i think the ripple effect that his play will cause will be what we need to cover for our oline, move the chains and keep the defense rested. i want to see an actual nfl quality scoring offense for once and i believe that's what we'll see.

lastly, i think part of this decision may be unloading ajm's contract and i think mcbeane will come away with either a player or good pick swap. he got us the 1st pick in the 3rd for tyrod no?  a lot can happen around the league ie...what if bree's goes down?...or fitz and maybe the bucs want to move on from winston....there's a lot that can happen and i don't think the surprises are over. jmo

Edited by billsredneck1

Perfect world for me would be for Peterman to start the season and perform well enough that a team will offer us something at the draft thinking there is some potential there and have Allen take over mid season and establish himself as the QB.

I definitely agree with a lot of what Kirby has said in this thread. I think Josh Allen is clearly the most talented QB on our roster, and neither of our vets have anything to do with the plan to get Allen onto the field. I was pretty vocal early that I think Allen's biggest need is simply game experience, and thus I am of the mindset that he should be the starter. However, even in early April, before we drafted Allen, I said that I was not convinced that Peterman couldn't beat out McCarron if it was just between those 2. I'm not overly impressed by either of their resume's thus far, and I think they are very similar overall. Nate is a little quicker to get the ball out, AJ has more arm strength. Ultimately, I think one of the vets will play in the first 4 games, and then Allen will take over when Tennessee comes to Buffalo. I'd prefer if it was Allen all the way, but giving him 4 more (tough) weeks to sit and learn the playbook and watch some live film could prove useful.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

10 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Forgettable? Did you use the wrong word there? 

Last I read up, the tone was that it wasn't a particularly great practice for any of the three.

Definitely didn't come across anything about Peterman throwing 3 TDs and having that type of day.

I've felt that some of the reporting has been pretty biased for a good part of minicamp and training camp anyways.

Good to know though.

3 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

I do not think it will happen that we will have a QB controversy , Peterman knows his  position is behind Allen  when he is ready and Mcd and Beane said they are not going to rush Allen .

I'm 100% certain that Peterman doesn't subscribe to the notion of "keeping the seat warm" for Allen and taking a back seat to him. 

That's fan speak...likely Josh Allen fan speak.

I have faith that McDermott will make Allen fight for and earn every snap that he should take versus just handing him the job, as many fans believe should be the case.

If we're in year three, a better option at QB is available, and Allen displays the same struggles that proved detrimental to the offense in year two, then he needs to be holding a clipboard. Period.

Edited by BurpleBull

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I'm 100% certain that Peterman doesn't subscribe to the notion of "keeping the seat warm" for Allen and taking a back seat to him. 

I have faith that McDermott will make Allen fight for and earn every snap that he should take versus just handing him the job, as many fans believe should be the case.

If we're in year three, a better option at QB is available, and Allen displays the same struggles that proved detrimental to the offense in year two, then he needs to be holding a clipboard. Period.

?

your talking about Allen struggling in year two so he should be holding a clipboard in year three? c'mon man! is your love of Peterman blinding you that bad?

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

It doesn't matter what Peterman subscribes to.

Josh Allen will be the starter eventually, period, barring some career ending injury or something.

Foles knows he's the backup in Philly, even after putting on one of the greatest SB performances of all time.

Unless Peterman literally runs them to 14-2 , throws for 4500+ yards 30td they there is no way Allen isn't eventually the starter.

Even if Peterman has those numbers, Allen would have to be f*ckin terrible, like ej Manuel and jp losman terrible, for them to even consider Peterman over him long term.

32 minutes ago, Foxx said:

?

your talking about Allen struggling in year two so he should be holding a clipboard in year three? c'mon man! is your love of Peterman blinding you that bad?

Yep.

He already knows Allen will be struggling in year two and three.

Duh.

43 minutes ago, Foxx said:

?

I think well of Peterman obviously, but how does the comment show 'blind love' for Peterman?

What are you even suggesting about Peterman and/or Allen with that comment?

I think it's fair to want anything that Allen gets to be earned and not simply handed to him by reason of his throwing power and draft status; I think he needs to show and prove that he's fit for the starting position just as anyone else on the roster would have to.

There's one side of Bills' fans that believe Allen should be held out until deemed ready to perform.

There's another that you would have to logically believe, feels Allen most definitely should be given full control by next season regardless of anything, if he isn't thrust into the starting role this year, trial by fire, as they wish.

Just addressing the latter, if either QB, McCarron or Peterman, performed admirably this season as starter, but the starting duty was handed to Allen the next, he failed to play up to expectations that season, and McCarron or Peterman were still viable options, waiting in the wings, as Allen struggled through year three, then I believe you'd have to have the courage to go away from him, even if just to get the ship righted for that season.

In short, the success of the team should not be sacrificed for the sake of getting Josh Allen on the field.

This seems to be an idea that many Bills' fans simply toss to the side.

45 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

It doesn't matter what Peterman subscribes to.

Josh Allen will be the starter eventually, period, barring some career ending injury or something.

Foles knows he's the backup in Philly, even after putting on one of the greatest SB performances of all time.

Unless Peterman literally runs them to 14-2 , throws for 4500+ yards 30td they there is no way Allen isn't eventually the starter.

Even if Peterman has those numbers, Allen would have to be f*ckin terrible, like ej Manuel and jp losman terrible, for them to even consider Peterman over him long term.

Yep.

He already knows Allen will be struggling in year two and three.

Duh.

I didn't say Allen wouldn't start at some point, I stated Peterman wouldn't take a backseat to Allen.

That was me speaking hypothetically, not presuming to know that Allen would struggle.

And you sound mad.

3 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

If true this is a great point to make in Aug of 2020 not 2018.

9 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I think well of Peterman obviously, but how does the comment show 'blind love' for Peterman?

What are you even suggesting about Peterman and/or Allen with that comment?

I think it's fair to want anything that Allen gets to be earned and not simply handed to him by reason of his throwing power and draft status; I think he needs to show and prove that he's fit for the starting position just as anyone else on the roster would have to.

There's one side of Bills' fans that believe Allen should be held out until deemed ready to perform.

There's another that you would have to logically believe, feels Allen most definitely should be given full control by next season regardless of anything, if he isn't thrust into the starting role this year, trial by fire, as they wish.

Just addressing the latter, if either QB, McCarron or Peterman, performed admirably this season as starter, but the starting duty was handed to Allen the next, he failed to play up to expectations that season, and McCarron or Peterman were still viable options, waiting in the wings, as Allen struggled through year three, then I believe you'd have to have the courage to go away from him, even if just to get the ship righted for that season.

In short, the success of the team should not be sacrificed for the sake of getting Josh Allen on the field.

This seems to be an idea that many Bills' fans simply toss to the side.

While a commend your adamant defense of all things Peterman Burple,,  you can't believe that a 1st round 7 overall pick (the highest in Bills history) QB

is not going to rank higher in status and have a shot ( no matter what) than Nate Peterman.

That would be naïve on your part.

I'm starting to think even NP wouldn't agree with your takes about JA status. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I didn't say Allen wouldn't start at some point, I stated Peterman wouldn't take a backseat to Allen.

That was me speaking hypothetically, not presuming to know that Allen would struggle.

And you sound mad.

Peterman is not foolish enough to believe that he is as good as Allen may be.  He knows that the Bills drafted Allen 7th in the draft  , with hopes that he is our QB. They took  AJM in hopes that he would be a bridge to Allen. Kudos to Peterman for disrupting that scenario . If Peterman wins 10 games this season he will be traded to another team but i don't believe that is possible in light of the schedule. ( I hope I'm wrong ). Peterman  , I think, will be  Allen's  backup.

• Like (+1) 1

True and Funny.

It's great that Nasty Nate has put up some nice numbers in pre season and practice.

But I still don't want him to start.  The reason being he melts under pressure or at least has in any real action he has been in so far.  What do you think Coach Harbaugh is going to do if Nasty Nate starts?

REDDOBBLITZ THE PEEJEEBEERS OUT OF HIM

Just like Coach Lynn did.  He said they could tell from pre season tapes that he couldn't handle pressure so they brought it.

Do you really want to watch that?

Oh, and AJ was in the same division with Baltimore for 4 years.  He probably has a good idea on how they play and their strategies.

Edited by reddogblitz

21 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Peterman is not foolish enough to believe that he is as good as Allen may be.  He knows that the Bills drafted Allen 7th in the draft  , with hopes that he is our QB. They took  AJM in hopes that he would be a bridge to Allen. Kudos to Peterman for disrupting that scenario . If Peterman wins 10 games this season he will be traded to another team but i don't believe that is possible in light of the schedule. ( I hope I'm wrong ). Peterman  , I think, will be  Allen's  backup.

Just as Peterman may know that the Bills drafted Allen with the hopes that he is the QB, he also knows that he was not drafted to be Allen's backup. He was drafted as a prospect that could possibly supplant Tyrod Taylor as starting QB at some point.

Why would any competitive person, especially one who appears to have made significant strides in his game as Peterman, sell himself short regardless of who is thought to be the front-runner for the same position that he's vying for?

That's just not how the competitive spirit or mind works. 

3 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Just as Peterman may know that the Bills drafted Allen with the hopes that he is the QB, he also knows that he was not drafted to be Allen's backup. He was drafted as a prospect that could possibly supplant Tyrod Taylor as starting QB at some point.

Why would any competitive person, especially one who appears to have made significant strides in his game as Peterman, sell himself short regardless of who is thought to be the front-runner for the same position that he's vying for?

That's just not how the competitive spirit or mind works. 

Yes and in a QB starved league there is ample opportunity for anyone that can play well as a starter or backup.  It's a hot market to say the least.  Nate and AJ are easily motivated by the chance to play and be well paid by any team.  Very few stay with one team for a career.  They have to expect to be moving on at some point, and until then they make the most of it.