Lamar Jackson Lining Up at Other Positions During Practice

Gugny

Throughout the offseason, Baltimore has been putting Flacco and Jackson on the field at the same time.

With Flacco playing quarterback, Jackson has lined up at multiple positions.

"Gosh, I sure like him out there helping us," coach John Harbaugh said of Jackson. "If you put two quarterbacks on the field at once, what options does it create for our offense? That's what we're trying to figure out."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23771497/baltimore-ravens-quarterback-lamar-jackson-lining-other-positions-team-practices

Well at least he only needs to remember like 5 plays and they are probably all hot route or take off and run type plays. I think this has disaster written all over it.

Just now, Zebrastripes said:

I think it's a terrible idea for him to line up at other positions.  Yes he is a great athlete but I don't think he has the body type to take the punishment of playing wr or rb.

Or QB

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Throughout the offseason, Baltimore has been putting Flacco and Jackson on the field at the same time.

With Flacco playing quarterback, Jackson has lined up at multiple positions.

"Gosh, I sure like him out there helping us," coach John Harbaugh said of Jackson. "If you put two quarterbacks on the field at once, what options does it create for our offense? That's what we're trying to figure out."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23771497/baltimore-ravens-quarterback-lamar-jackson-lining-other-positions-team-practices

Im suprised that Jackson isnt bucking this a bit.....maybe after he fell just happy to be a first round pick.

I still think he has a chance to be good.

4 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I think it's a terrible idea for him to line up at other positions.  Yes he is a great athlete but I don't think he has the body type to take the punishment of playing wr or rb.

I don't even think it would be for him to really play the position. It's training camp. I think it's more on how they are training him to see different views of the NFL.

Edited by Lfod

5 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I don't even think it would be for him to really play the position. It's training camp. I think it's more on how they are training him to see different views of the NFL.

Maybe, but Harbaughs quote has me thinking they want to see him actually play somewhere else in order to try and gain an advantage of having two qbs on the field at once.

Just now, Zebrastripes said:

Maybe, but Harbaughs quote has me thinking they want to see him actually play somewhere else in order to try and gain an advantage of having two qbs on the field at once.

Well probably have some trick plays lined up. It could involve him some in the season. I just don't think it would be to specifically feature him at different positions. I could be wrong. 

Just now, Lfod said:

Well probably have some trick plays lined up. It could involve him some in the season. I just don't think it would be to specifically feature him at different positions. I could be wrong. 

I would agree with you on that, but who knows what they see in practice.

5 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

this is a bad idea because flacco offers no other capabilities in the game other than throwing the ball, now if they had tyrod and lamar maybe it would be harder to determine what was going on

You think?  The QBs wouldn't know what was going on.  The HC and OC obviously wouldn't know what was going on.  And the fans in Baltimore would certainly demand to know "What the hell is going on?!?!"

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

this is a bad idea because flacco offers no other capabilities in the game other than throwing the ball, now if they had tyrod and lamar maybe it would be harder to determine what was going on

Before or after they ran into each other in the backfield?  LOL.

• Haha (+1) 2

Nah, new play dynamic.  Centre snaps to QB, he and other QB play 'keep away' from defenders.  Tires out the defense.

EDIT:  It's also the 'counterpunch surprise' to the Bills starting Peterman on opening day.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

11 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I would agree with you on that, but who knows what they see in practice.

I see it as the Ravens have a mindset of what type of QB they want and what they have. I think it's just the coaches way of teaching Larmar the offense and how to see everything. 

I mean maybe if you get a feel for what's going on at other positions you memorize what's going all over the field. I think it's them being more serious about a guy they want to groom. 

Edited by Lfod

Stupid imo.  It may help them win a few more games this year but it also puts him at risk of injury and may stunt is an growth working on different aspects, while he should be becoming the best QB he can be