Terrell Owens Declined His Invitation to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...PERFECTLY stated.......force the urinalists out from under their desks and publish the votes......would be interesting to see who the "hanging chads" are.......

Alomar had to wait, Eddie Murray couldn't be denied

Jim Rice had to wait the full 15, Cepeda and Morris to the Vets committee, Goose apologized to the media and got in before 15.

football's a different game though, there is nothing more inspiring than speeches by the true men of integrity and their speeches to get into Canton, usually the o-lineman or DB that I just missed out on seeing in his prime

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Alomar had to wait, Eddie Murray couldn't be denied

Jim Rice had to wait the full 15, Cepeda and Morris to the Vets committee, Goose apologized to the media and got in before 15.

football's a different game though, there is nothing more inspiring than speeches by the true men of integrity and their speeches to get into Canton, usually the o-lineman or DB that I just missed out on seeing in his prime

...damn you're good.......Murray actually played for the Rochester Red Wings in the IL when they were the Orioles affiliate...........

The Real Terrell Owens: Before The Hall

Terrell Owens and Randy Moss. These two prolific -- and polarizing -- wide receivers will be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday, along with fellow Class of 2018 members Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Brian Dawkins, Jerry Kramer, Robert Brazile and Bobby Beathard. 

Owens and Moss were two of the most spectacular wideouts of their era -- or any era. Not only are they tied together through sheer dominance at the turn of the millennium, but they both displayed larger-than-life personalities and brash antics, on and off the gridiron.

Vaughn McClure ESPN Staff Writer 

Hall of Fame WR Terrell Owens on skipping this weekend's ceremonies in Canton: ``I understand why I made my decision. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But again, obviously the criteria and the system put in place for the Hall of Fame in order for guys like myself to be inducted, there are guidelines that the writers, the sportswriters, are supposed to adhere to. It's not, not being inducted the first or second ballot, but it's about the process in which guys are nominated and ultimately inducted. There's a flaw in that system. So this is not only about me, but it's about the guys that went before me, that's going to come after me. And I can make a stand for those guys so they won't have to go through this situation.'' Owens will hold his own ceremony at his former school, the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga, at 3:17 p.m. Saturday.

That doesn't make much sense. TO's actions do not help the process at all. On the other end, you have Ray Lewis literally preaching about "football heaven" and how life-changing the induction luncheon was....

This is all about TO having the entire spotlight to himself at his alma mater and they're probably paying him for making the appearance.

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That doesn't make much sense. TO's actions do not help the process at all. On the other end, you have Ray Lewis literally preaching about "football heaven" and how life-changing the induction luncheon was....

This is all about TO having the entire spotlight to himself at his alma mater and they're probably paying him for making the appearance.

I get what you're saying but not how.  Ray Lewis is just as much about the spotlight as TO ever was.  

Bottom line .. when he looks back he will regret this decision ... there is no denying his play on the field .. but this move simply reinforces his negatives ... prima donna actions where  his me first mentality moved him from locker room to locker room throughout his career

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/20/2018 at 7:28 AM, Binghamton Beast said:

He is being that.

A requirement to actually be enshrined should be having to show up and giving an appropriate acceptance speech.....unless that enshrinee is ill, dead, etc.

And make your new rule retroactive to punish TO ? ! 

Ok, Jerry (Jones) Trump.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:28 AM, Binghamton Beast said:

He is being that.

A requirement to actually be enshrined should be having to show up and giving an appropriate acceptance speech.....unless that enshrinee is ill, dead, etc.

He would love that.

I can't think of a worse way to deal with a petulant child than by creating a rule specifically in response to him.  IMO the NFL is handling it just fine.  He'll be mentioned as part of the class but there will be no individual recognition.

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Too bad Lewis didn't attend a "life-changing luncheon" before he decided to shield a killer form the law and destroy evidence to thwart a murder investigation.

All in all, it's interesting to see the "outrage" people pretend to have over TO's decision not to show up at a tourist attraction that "enshrines"  POS's like Ray Lewis and OJ.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Too bad Lewis didn't attend a "life-changing luncheon" before he decided to shield a killer form the law and destroy evidence to thwart a murder investigation.

All in all, it's interesting to see the "outrage" people pretend to have over TO's decision not to show up at a tourist attraction that "enshrines"  POS's like Ray Lewis and OJ.

Let’s not bring facts into this lynching now the sheep will get upset.