Incognito ok at home, thanks Buffalo

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

I appreciate that he salvaged his career in Buffalo and played well.  

However, I doubt he will  play in the NFL again for myriad reasons.

The question is, can he survive without football? Remember Barrett Robbins, the Raiders' Center who skipped out on Super Bowl eve?

This is him after football from a 2016 incident:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/08/11/barret-robbins-arrested-for-battery/

I'm surprised the guy has made it to 2018

Edited by buffaloaggie

The bottom line is Incognito still offers an immediate upgrade at Guard for some teams in the NFL.

As to whether or not they are willing to overlook his "issues" and sign him is another matter.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This board never ever "disappoints".  The guy writes a great letter praising Bill's fans and what do half the respondents do, dump ion the guy. 

The guy is going to be 35 in a month, he has every right to retire. He has made enough money, you think it would be healthy for him to keep playing, with his mental stability in serious question add on another year of CTE potential damage.

Thanks for playing well in Buffalo Richie, good luck.

Says the guy with a fake dick as his avatar 

• Haha (+1) 1

Once Eric Wood retired, Richie lost his "light" and his anchor.  Too bad he couldn't be that guy for the younger Bills OL and locker room.  Would've been great if he stayed.  Still, don't buy his kidney's and liver on the verge of failing though.

.....allegedly training in Arizona and hoping to beat the Bills upon his return.....how touching...brought a tear to my eye......maybe "The View" will hire 'em....PERFECT fit...........

Incognito also thanked the Bills and team owners Terry and Kim Pegula for providing him an opportunity to resurrect his career. The Bills signed Incognito in January 2015 after he spent 18 months out of football following his role in the Miami Dolphins' bullying scandal.

40 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The bottom line is Incognito still offers an immediate upgrade at Guard for some teams in the NFL.

As to whether or not they are willing to overlook his "issues" and sign him is another matter.

A mentally healthy and fully engaged Incognito certainly offers that.

A mentally ill or "chemically altered" Incognito could be a distraction to the team, on and off the field.

Add in, he's on the downhill side of his career, it's not like "take a risk, and you could be set at LG for the next 8 years"

So it'll come down to the risk/reward perception...I doubt they'll overlook his issues, exactly, but if they talk to him and decide he's in the right place mentally, might be willing to take that risk.

After they find out the straight dope on his failing liver and kidneys of course.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A mentally healthy and fully engaged Incognito certainly offers that.

A mentally ill or "chemically altered" Incognito could be a distraction to the team, on and off the field.

Add in, he's on the downhill side of his career, it's not like "take a risk, and you could be set at LG for the next 8 years"

So it'll come down to the risk/reward perception...I doubt they'll overlook his issues, exactly, but if they talk to him and decide he's in the right place mentally, might be willing to take that risk.

After they find out the straight dope on his failing liver and kidneys of course.

...pun intended??..........

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unfortunately one of the hallmarks of substance abuse and of certain mental illnesses, is the perception that one does not need help, or that people offering help actually have other, darker motivations.    It's one of the things that makes trying to help a relative or friend with these issues so very very frustrating and soul-crushing for those trying to help.

Agree. I have a real good friend and co-worker and fellow Bills fan that gets feeling good to the point that he thinks he no longer needs his meds. Then he throws his meds out and begins the slide to become the hardest person to get along with. All the while he has no clue he is hard to be around. That is until he breaks and gets back on the next prescription. Itbis tough to watch someone that has depression.  I daid it when it was happening and will say it now. Best of luck Richie and get yourself right.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You never know what other people are going through in life. I hope he is ok and I hope he hangs around in Buffalo, it would be cool to see Cog's in a bar. 

Yeah would be super cool to run into this guy at a bar.

Edited by metzelaars_lives
  • Like (+1) 1

IMO this is what he should do:

1. Go to Buffalo and talk to Bills staff - coaches and front office people including Pegulas.
  2. Admit issue was him and not them and that he was speaking when ill.
  3. Give them straight info from doctor on what doctor provided in terms of tests on kidneys and liver.
  4. Tell them he is being treated and will continue being treated.
  5. Tell them who on the team would be willing to support him during this period (i.e. Eric Wood)
  6. Ask for his job back but tell them due to circumstances he understands he will be waived week 1 so salary is not guaranteed.
  7. Play on week to week contract so that he has incentive to be his best each week.