XFL Names Oliver Luck Commissioner and CEO

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to XFL Names Oliver Luck Commissioner and CEO

The other league stands much more of a chance than the XFL IMO.  McMahon said very little to give me faith... and his history of squeezing the life and keeping his thumb on his talent will stunt any chance for survival.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

That was said about the AFL!  If it is successful maybe they could plan a "bowl type" game playing the NFL, instead of the no interest Pro Bowl.

Polian's league has a better chance. Im not sure why there isn't an AHL like league for the NFL. I would watch that.

Just don't go head to head with the NFL, and focus on cities that don't have a TON of other options to set your initial franchises.

Go for LOYAL, smaller cities instead of bigger, flashy places. Don't put a team in LA, Dallas, NY, Vegas, etc. rather put teams in Buffalo (ha), Portland, OKC, St. Louis, San Antonio, Omaha, or places like those...Maybe you'll build up a loyal fanbase & can build off of them.

• Like (+1) 3

The biggest problem with the XFL is that McMahon is known as being the owner and in charge. He is too well known as the owner of pro wrestling and people wont view the XFL as a serious league. It's going to be viewed as being staged or have pre determined elements just like pro wrestling even if McMahon doesn't run it that way and really does plan on it all being legit.

The other problem is if they continue to make it over the top like the previous one and try to do things just to appease fans with gimmicky rules.

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

That was said about the AFL!  If it is successful maybe they could plan a "bowl type" game playing the NFL, instead of the no interest Pro Bowl.

oh dear....  :(

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

The biggest problem with the XFL is that McMahon is known as being the owner and in charge. He is too well known as the owner of pro wrestling and people wont view the XFL as a serious league. It's going to be viewed as being staged or have pre determined elements just like pro wrestling even if McMahon doesn't run it that way and really does plan on it all being legit.

The other problem is if they continue to make it over the top like the previous one and try to do things just to appease fans with gimmicky rules.

I just done see him settling on modest beginnings (which is absolutely necessary IMO).  Forming the teams as one entity with him as the president feeds into ego and control and is also bad for the league.  I think he might be counting on capitalizing on all the Trump supporters who are fake boycotting the NFL (some are).  Those people may watch in the beginning, but won't stick.  

As someone said.... start modestly, make it very friendly to players.  mid size cities and venues, probably regional.  That is better.  The Alliance of Football or whatever it is called stands more of a chance making it to year 3 and year 5.  Them jumping the start by a year also helps.  I would bet that the Alliance gets the 2nd tier, 2A would be CFL, and McMahon will get the leftovers (if his history treatment of his talent is any indication)

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Polian's league has a better chance. Im not sure why there isn't an AHL like league for the NFL. I would watch that.

Because the depth of the talent pool isn’t that deep. There are hardly 32 starting caliber QBs in the NFL, let alone enough talent at QB or Oline to have a real developmental league 

The CFL doenst even have enough talent to be a developmental league 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because the depth of the talent pool isn’t that deep. There are hardly 32 starting caliber QBs in the NFL, let alone enough talent at QB or Oline to have a real developmental league 

The CFL doenst even have enough talent to be a developmental league 

A lot of colleges have good enough QB that cant make it to the NFL so I dont see why that has to be a problem.  

I hope both leagues make it and play at different times of the year so we can watch football all year long!!

6 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

A lot of colleges have good enough QB that cant make it to the NFL so I dont see why that has to be a problem.  

I hope both leagues make it and play at different times of the year so we can watch football all year long!!

I’m not saying it won’t make it

im saying that it will be a vastly inferior product to the NFL and probably D1 football 

• Like (+1) 1