Could the Bills be in the market for another VT player?

Adonis Alexander is a talented, but troubled, now former VT DB that will be available in the upcoming supplemental draft.

Should the Bills go after this talented kid with a high draft pick or just let the process play out and see if they can get him as a priority FA.

Another very versatile kid that McDermott seems to gravitate towards, so who knows.

Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Adonis Alexander is a talented, but troubled, now former VT DB that will be available in the upcoming supplemental draft.

Should the Bills go after this talented kid with a high draft pick or just let the process play out and see if they can get him as a priority FA.

Another very versatile kid that McDermott seems to gravitate towards, so who knows.

Thoughts?

Can someone refresh me on the rules of the supplemental draft?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Whatever team selects him in the supplemental draft gives up a corresponding pick in '19.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

“Adonis” sounds good, but not good enough to overcome “troubled”. 

Image result for adrian adonis gifImage result for adrian adonis gif

Same thing happened with this "Adonis". It only got worse.

Edited by Ifartalot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

(VT season ticket holder here)  Adonis was ruled academically ineligible so he applied for the supplemental draft. In today's day and age of tutors and sham majors for players it's almost impossible to not maintain a "C" average unless you're just really unmotivated.

Adonis is a good player, but nothing special. I've seen many better corners at Tech in my 30 or so years of following the team. I'd pass on him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, October 1918 said:

(VT season ticket holder here)  Adonis was ruled academically ineligible so he applied for the supplemental draft. In today's day and age of tutors and sham majors for players it's almost impossible to not maintain a "C" average unless you're just really unmotivated.

Adonis is a good player, but nothing special. I've seen many better corners at Tech in my 30 or so years of following the team. I'd pass on him.

Thanks - good info

1 hour ago, October 1918 said:

This should end my thread.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's like a blind auction.  Teams place a bid on what round they would take the player in.  Highest bid wins.  If more than one team bids the same round, 2018 NFL Draft order breaks the tie.

Team that is awarded the player has spent the corresponding pick in the 2019 draft

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The order is the same as in the most recent draft, and if you pick a player in the supplemental draft.  If you go through the first round and nobody picks a player, they go to the second round, etc.  Any team picking a player gives up their pick in the same round in the draft next year.

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

It's like a blind auction.  Teams place a bid on what round they would take the player in.  Highest bid wins.  If more than one team bids the same round, 2018 NFL Draft order breaks the tie.

Team that is awarded the player has spent the corresponding pick in the 2019 draft

Thanks! (and also to 26CB and TigerJ)

Sounds like a steep price to pay for a "talented but troubled" guy who couldn't maintain a C average and stay in school

I think our DB depth chart is pretty solid right now tbh. I don't see us giving up a 2019 pick for a guy who can't get it together at the college level. In most instances it doesn't work out when they start getting more money thrown at them than the average person either. 

The thought of getting a CB who is 6'3" has some ball skills and can run is enticing, but boy is he risky.  He also has some shortcomings as a player.  The expectation is that he might go in the 5th or 6th round.  Beane might consider a 7th round flyer, but I don't think he'd use a fifth.

On 6/3/2018 at 5:33 PM, October 1918 said:

If he gets a shot anywhere I think it'll be as a transition to a Safety.

On 6/3/2018 at 4:38 PM, Augie said:

No idea who this is. “Adonis” sounds good, but not good enough to overcome “troubled”. 

These days in college sports, "troubled" can mean rape, robbery, and riotous mayhem. With Alexander it's seems to have been weed and sub-par scholastics, so keep that in mind. He's probably not NFL-ready at this point, but has a lot of potential.... 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If he gets a shot anywhere I think it'll be as a transition to a Safety.

Yeah, his best season was his freshman year when he was at safety. When Adonis got switched to corner he was just sort of... average. Neither good, nor bad. He has size and speed, but I question whether he has it between the ears.