Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Your last paragraph on Allen is why I hope he sits out the entire year. The offensive personnel is atrocious at the moment. Let him sit and let Peterman or AJM take the beating. Stock up on offensive talent in FA with all the cap room in 2019 and the draft as well.

I hope that is exactly what the process is !
I have mentioned that Fan swill likely be screaming for Allen no matter how mediocre AJ is. ( i think he will be a bit better than that ) and if they lose early from QB play !! Yikes .
 Here is hoping McBeaneses are strong enough to avoid the temptation and the peer pressure.

Would be dee -lighted Bills play well enough Allen can sit a season.
Not gonna bet on it though

8 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Cant believe this thread, like other tyrod threads keep going. What more can be said about the guy who isnt even on the team anymore.

and you posted of course. ha ha !

great avatar Bud!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/7/2018 at 3:30 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You don't think there's much of a difference between a turnover and keeping possession of the football? You don't think there's much of a difference in opponent's field position for a punt and a turnover in your end of the field? You don't think there's much of a difference between keeping the game within 10 points for 3 quarters and handing the opponents a 30 point lead by halftime?

Seriously?

With Tyrod Taylor as the QB, there really isn't much of a difference. You're most likely going to lose either way. 

He was like 3-20 when down by even a single point in the 4th Quarter. 

1 hour ago, Pbomb said:

Cant believe this thread, like other tyrod threads keep going. What more can be said about the guy who isnt even on the team anymore.

Wait until he leads the Browns to the AFC championship game & than Superbowl........some people's heads are going to spontaniously combust!  

2 hours ago, grb said:

Quote :  "......the passing game was never going to become a viable offensive THREAT, especially downfield"

This is where the anti-Taylor shtick gets bizarre. The only time the man had a downfield threat he was fifth in the NFL in yards per attempt. Hell, whenever Taylor had Woods and Watkins on the same field, he averaged 8.25 yards per pass, which is exceptional for any quarterback, any year. But in 2016 his number-one receiver / downfield threat sat half the season and ran on a broken left foot when he did play. All of latter '16 his number-two receiver was severely hobbled as well. And in 2017?  He had Deonte Thompson, which is all you need to say about that

The anti-Taylor position seems to be this : It's a gosh-darn coincidence Taylor's ability to push the ball downfield reduced exactly as the quality of his offensive weapons dropped lower and lower. The two phenomena have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Instead Taylor "regressed" and he now can't do something he did better than most qbs just a short time ago. The ability vanished from his body the exact same time (coincidence) he was saddled with one of the league-worst sets of receivers.

So, two questions :

1. Do even the anti-Taylor people believe something so stupid?
  2. Is it finally time for team and fans to grow up? Because the Bills now have a quarterback that looks like they think a quarterback should : first-rounder, tall, strong-armed, etc, etc, etc. But so far they've made no greater effort to set him up to succeed than with Taylor. It's not all bad news - the O coordinator has to be better, and running back depth isn't the perverse joke of last year - but line and receivers will probably prove mediocre to abysmal. Yet maybe this is the point team and fans face the responsibility of building for success in the real world, as opposed to playing BS games, indulging in stupid&petty recriminations and wallowing in empty fantasy.

The Bills have their "real" quarterback - but with real quarterbacks comes great responsibility (to paraphrase Voltaire or Peter Parker) 

Tell me who Jimmy Garappolo, Brian Hoyer, and CJ Beathard were throwing to out in SF. 

Because those three seemed to find ways to "push the ball downfield".

Hell, JG didn't even start the season on that team. No OTAs, no training camp, nothing other than a month of practices and he was already putting up numbers that TT couldn't at his absolute best. 

http://pfref.com/pi/share/blOtJ  

JG put up a stat line of 20-33 for 334yds 1TD/1INT throwing to: 

Marquise Goodwin

Kyle Juszczyk

Garrett Celek

Trent Taylor

George Kittle

Aldrick Robinson 

and the game-breaker himself... Louis Murphy. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Tell me who Jimmy Garappolo, Brian Hoyer, and CJ Beathard were throwing to out in SF. 

Because those three seemed to find ways to "push the ball downfield".

Hell, JG didn't even start the season on that team. No OTAs, no training camp, nothing other than a month of practices and he was already putting up numbers that TT couldn't at his absolute best. 

http://pfref.com/pi/share/blOtJ  

JG put up a stat line of 20-33 for 334yds 1TD/1INT throwing to: 

Marquise Goodwin

Kyle Juszczyk

Garrett Celek

Trent Taylor

George Kittle

Aldrick Robinson 

and the game-breaker himself... Louis Murphy. 

Nobody was pushing anything down the field until jimmy g stepped in. Go look at the passing numbers before he was inserted. You say really silly things sometimes. 

...... and is anyone even arguing that Taylor looks like the sort of qb that JG looks like right now? 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

31 minutes ago, JPP said:

Wait until he leads the Browns to the AFC championship game & than Superbowl........some people's heads are going to spontaniously combust!  

Dude will be benched by third preseaon game

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Nobody was pushing anything down the field until jimmy g stepped in. Go look at the passing numbers before he was inserted. You say really silly things sometimes. 

...... and is anyone even arguing that Taylor looks like the sort of qb that JG looks like right now? 

Tell you what.... I won't even respond to this and will give you a chance to go look up Brian Hoyer's game log from 2017 and edit your post. 

As for the second point, it apparently went over your head. To answer your question, no -- no one else is making that connection except me. The reason for that is because there is such a dedicated effort around here to emphasize the mountain of "obstacles" poor ol' Tyrod had to overcome on his way to 180 yards passing every game. Miraculous! 

So, I give you JG as an example of a guy who also had obstacles -- a similar set of no-name weapons, no offseason preparation, moving to the other side of the country, and playing for a bad football team overall.  The offense wasn't "designed for him", he wasn't even on the team until November. 

Yet, he managed to actually run a respectable passing offense. 

See what I'm getting at here? 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Tell you what.... I won't even respond to this and will give you a chance to go look up Brian Hoyer's game log from 2017 and edit your post. 

As for the second point, it apparently went over your head. To answer your question, no -- no one else is making that connection except me. The reason for that is because there is such a dedicated effort around here to emphasize the mountain of "obstacles" poor ol' Tyrod had to overcome on his way to 180 yards passing every game. Miraculous! 

So, I give you JG as an example of a guy who also had obstacles -- a similar set of no-name weapons, no offseason preparation, moving to the other side of the country, and playing for a bad football team overall.  The offense wasn't "designed for him", he wasn't even on the team until November. 

Yet, he managed to actually run a respectable passing offense. 

See what I'm getting at here? 

I already looked up his numbers. Which led to me saying you say silly things. He wasn’t pushing anything down the field. Stop it. 

And PUH-lease. Get over yourself. Didn’t go over my head at all. Everyone knows Taylor isn’t the talent or qb that jimmy g is. JG will most likely end up being a top 5-10 qb in the nfl within the next couple of years. Nobody is claiming the same for Taylor so it’s dumb comparison. 

The kicker here is that I truly don’t believe I’ll miss Taylor that much. I’ve been 100% on board with what’s going on..... it’s just that you say really ridiculous stuff to try and prove lame points. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, grb said:

Don't really have one.

I'm just collecting quotes to bump after the season begins.........

14 hours ago, grb said:

Quote :  "......the passing game was never going to become a viable offensive THREAT, especially downfield"

This is where the anti-Taylor shtick gets bizarre. The only time the man had a downfield threat he was fifth in the NFL in yards per attempt. Hell, whenever Taylor had Woods and Watkins on the same field, he averaged 8.25 yards per pass, which is exceptional for any quarterback, any year. But in 2016 his number-one receiver / downfield threat sat half the season and ran on a broken left foot when he did play. All of latter '16 his number-two receiver was severely hobbled as well. And in 2017?  He had Deonte Thompson, which is all you need to say about that

The anti-Taylor position seems to be this : It's a gosh-darn coincidence Taylor's ability to push the ball downfield reduced exactly as the quality of his offensive weapons dropped lower and lower. The two phenomena have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Instead Taylor "regressed" and he now can't do something he did better than most qbs just a short time ago. The ability vanished from his body the exact same time (coincidence) he was saddled with one of the league-worst sets of receivers.

So, two questions :

2. Is it finally time for team and fans to grow up? Because the Bills now have a quarterback that looks like they think a quarterback should : first-rounder, tall, strong-armed, etc, etc, etc. But so far they've made no greater effort to set him up to succeed than with Taylor. It's not all bad news - the O coordinator has to be better, and running back depth isn't the perverse joke of last year - but line and receivers will probably prove mediocre to abysmal. Yet maybe this is the point team and fans face the responsibility of building for success in the real world, as opposed to playing BS games, indulging in stupid&petty recriminations and wallowing in empty fantasy.

The Bills have their "real" quarterback - but with real quarterbacks comes great responsibility (to paraphrase Voltaire or Peter Parker) 

Take all this to the Browns board.   

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, grb said:

So, two questions :

Jesus Christ man, let it go.

Tyrod is Cleveland's problem now.

Let's move forward! 

• Like (+1) 4

I was a Tyrod supporter. Its threads like this that make me happy hes not here anymore. All people do is argue past each other for 20 pages. 

The guy was an afterthought when he came to the Bills. He worked his butt off, we won some games, we broke the playoff drought/curse, hes no longer here.

Yes, hes not an elite or upper echelon QB. But also YES, hes a viable starter in this league. 

Im excited we have Allen. 

• Like (+1) 4

all you have to do is to trust what you see.  Taylor was an athlete who moved the chains because of his supreme athletic ability.  As a quarterback in the traditional sense of the position he was horrible.  This coach staff decided that they wanted something more predictable and stable at the position.   I believe they were correct.  Some may still pine for Taylor.  TIme will tell.  I will end with this. I don't think you can win in the league when the opposition says all we wanted him to do was to play quarterback.     

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, you win my "non sequitor of the week" prize. 

"I Love Lucy" reruns vs This Thread - what's the connection?

...BOTH are re-runs......OVERPLAYED.......as in re-running re-runs (a/k/a repetitious TT threads, our FORMER QB).....we also have "Bonanza", "Sky King" or "Hollywood Squares" available if you prefer...:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy