Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

48 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is all that needs to be said with regards to Tyrod Taylor and the 2017 Buffalo Bills.

It became 100% obvious the moment the bills traded down in the 2017 draft and acquired a 2018 first round draft pick that we were going to be finding our franchise QB in the 2018 draft. It was absolutely obvious at that point. I don't think you would find anyone who didn't say it was absolutely obvious. And it became more obvious every time we acquired a new draft pick.

"Ya know, the Bills might draft Watson or Mahomes in this draft... we hear they REALLY like Trubisky."

"Oh, they traded down, didn't take a QB in the 1st, and acquired a 1st round pick in next year's class, which we already think will be pretty strong???"

tenor.gif?itemid=3356625

Traded Sammy acquired a 2nd.

Traded Darby acquired a 3rd.

Traded Glenn to move from 21 to 12.

Taylor isn't a Bill in 2019, and the primary isn't his play, which was good enough for a team drowning in the longest playoff drought in sports (and yes, Taylor was undeniably an important contributor to that playoff run), it's the fact that the Bills got an offer they couldn't refuse, an offer that would ultimately catapult them into even stronger contention to trade up in an upcoming draft to get a QB in a class that, over almost a year of playing out at that point, was turning out to be as strong, if not stronger than it appeared it would be a year ago when the 2017 draft happened and we made an obvious long-game decision.

Taylor is gone because the 2018 QB class was stronger than expected and, more importantly, the Bills got a REALLY valuable pick for him.

Otherwise, he's still in Buffalo.

Cant you get your point across without the ridiculous animation?

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

The thread itself and the fact that the thread exists is 15 pages deep on a Bills message board with posters who seem to only really be able to post about a QB who hasn't been on our team now for almost 3 full months.

There's a poster in here (I think everyone can figure him out pretty easily) who I almost never see on this message board. He has posted literally one time about the 2018 and beyond Buffalo Bills team in his 50 posts. The vaaaaaaaassssttt majority of this guy's posts are about Tyrod Taylor.

(That took very little effort, before you make some kinda dumb claim about wasting time doing that)

I don't hang out in the past... especially brooding over it like an Eeyore.

It's why I don't think it's much use talking about Stevie Johnson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Aaron Schobel, Trent Edwards, Freddie Jackson, Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Andy Levitre, Marquise Goodwin, Marshawn Lynch, etc.

So, to answer your question, I think this thread and some of the things people are STILL saying in it is absolutely ridiculous, so I match that ridiculousness and raise it with some animation :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

He is a different animal. Some of his run plays were just incredible and thrilling !
But the Offense would need to be designed around Him for any hope of success further than a playoff berth.

When you get a franchise QB life becomes sooo much easier for everyone on the Team. Especially Coaches.

Life didn't seem easy for the Raiders, Bucs or Giants last year... all have "Franchise QBs"... supposedly.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

So TT sunk down the list.  Makes sense to me.  Meanwhile Jameis hung around 18-19.

Thanks.

2015 primary WRs/TEs 

Bucs- Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, Austin Sefarian-jenkins 

Bills- Sammy Watkins, Robert Wood's, Charles Clay

2016 primary WRs/TEs

Bucs- Mike Evans, Adam Humphries, Cameron Brate

Bills- Roberts Wood's, Marquise Goodwin, Charles Clay.

2017 primary WRs/TEs

Bucs- Mike Evans, Deshaun Jackson, OJ Howard

Bills- Zay Jones, Deonte Thompson, Charles Clay

#weaponsmatter 

5 hours ago, MURPHD6 said:

Your remarks have been proven wrong by more than one poster, and you are the one who started criticizing me BTW. I never wanted to discuss this topic with you, all I did was respond to your criticisms.

I apologise to other folk who think I may have responsed harshly, but I was already warned about your maturity level from others, and they were clearly correct. 

A post like the one above displays no interest in advancing conversation, its just trying to upset someone who disagreed with you. Someone who you picked a fight with, initially.

I must have missed those posts. Can you give me a specific example? 

When you can't attack the argument, you attack the person. 

I'm still here talking, aren't I? 

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Actually, not he can't.   and that is why I see this 

You've chosen to ignore content by transplantbillsfan. Options 

It became 100% obvious the moment the bills traded down in the 2017 draft and acquired a 2018 first round draft pick that we were going to be finding our franchise QB in the 2018 draft. It was absolutely obvious at that point. I don't think you would find anyone who didn't say it was absolutely obvious. And it became more obvious every time we acquired a new draft pick.

Yet here we are arguing then the still faithful why he's gone.  They had a full season to get used to the idea yet they clung onto the idea he'd remain.  

it's the fact that the Bills got an offer they couldn't refuse,

The Bills would have cut TT by June 1 regardless imo. 

The day TT got benched for an all important game against the Chargers was the day he was destined to be gone in 2018.  

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

2015 primary WRs/TEs 

Bucs- Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, Austin Sefarian-jenkins 

Bills- Sammy Watkins, Robert Wood's, Charles Clay

2016 primary WRs/TEs

Bucs- Mike Evans, Adam Humphries, Cameron Brate

Bills- Roberts Wood's, Marquise Goodwin, Charles Clay.

2017 primary WRs/TEs

Bucs- Mike Evans, Deshaun Jackson, OJ Howard

Bills- Zay Jones, Deonte Thompson, Charles Clay

#weaponsmatter 

#1 overall pick.

6th round pick.

#talentmatters

9 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Tyrod was a starting caliber QB in the NFL, There aren't 32 QB's I would rather trot out than Tyrod. I think you can make an argument there are much more than 20 QB's one would take over Tyrod. But Tyrod is also not a top 16 QB, I think it would be a hard argument to say Tyrod is a top 20 QB. Tyrod was also on a very friendly deal. The Browns offered up a low-end premium draft pick for him and the Bills took good value for him. 

The Bills wanted a longer-term answer at QB and The Browns needed someone that could play well in front of a rookie for a year. The Browns were willing to spend the 65th pick in order to get competent QB play to avoid having to force in their top draft pick. The Bills got a good pick for a QB that wasn't going to be here past 2018, the Browns got a solid QB that gives them the luxery to not have to start a rookie. 

Both teams won, the trade isn't a reflection of how bad Tyrod is more so two teams needs lining up. 

I think this is a great summation of the situation.  The only question is, since the Bills had a similar need for someone who could start in front of a rookie, why not keep Tyrod? 

I do feel locker room fit or team chemistry played into the Bills decision - not because TT was in any way unpopular or anything other than hard-working or admired.  Quite the contrary.  Gunner summed it up succinctly as something like "baggage of having an incumbent starting QB".  Even if TT is the ultimate professional, when it comes time to switch QB that's bound to be divisive.

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think this is a great summation of the situation.  The only question is, since the Bills had a similar need for someone who could start in front of a rookie, why not keep Tyrod? 

I do feel locker room fit or team chemistry played into the Bills decision - not because TT was in any way unpopular or anything other than hard-working or admired.  Quite the contrary.  Gunner summed it up succinctly as something like "baggage of having an incumbent starting QB".  Even if TT is the ultimate professional, when it comes time to switch QB that's bound to be divisive.

The reason not to keep Tyrod was that they could sign a free agent journeyman QB and trade Tyrod for a pick.   They filled the short-term QB position and got a pick, too.  

Plus Gunner' s point.  

Plus, the odds of MCCarron becoming a keeper were better than Taylor.  Taylor had three years to prove he was the guy and didn't. McCarron hasn't failed yet.  

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

The reason not to keep Tyrod was that they could sign a free agent journeyman QB and trade Tyrod for a pick.   They filled the short-term QB position and got a pick, too.  

Plus Gunner' s point.  

Plus, the odds of MCCarron becoming a keeper were better than Taylor.  Taylor had three years to prove he was the guy and didn't. McCarron hasn't failed yet.  

This is the reality of today's NFL imo, a third round pick (especially a team like Cleveland's) is roughly equivalent value to a bridge/interim starter like Taylor. You add in the fact that the new FO was looking for their own guy and the McCarron decision makes a ton of sense.

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well, he's the anointed starter ahead of the #1 overall pick this year, so I guess that'll be a good point of comparison for this really solid argument you've made here :flirt:

Transplant says Tyrod is more talented than Mayfield. Wow. Saved.

12 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Oh I dont know I could stand to see a little more of Micky Mouse ears girl

34 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well, he's the anointed starter ahead of the #1 overall pick this year, so I guess that'll be a good point of comparison for this really solid argument you've made here :flirt:

Transplant

I dont know if you want to paint yourself into a corner on this one

1st round picks dont ride the pine on crappy teams

Tyrod is gonna have to have his best season to even be able to hold Mayfield off from the starting position

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

BringBackOrton has reading comprehension problems.

Wow.

Saved.

Huh?  I said #1 picks have more talent than sixth rounders.  You came back with "Tyrod is starting over a #1 pick," as if that invalidated my argument.  What was your point, exactly?

27 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh I dont know I could stand to see a little more of Micky Mouse ears girl

Transplant

I dont know if you want to paint yourself into a corner on this one

1st round picks dont ride the pine on crappy teams

Tyrod is gonna have to have his best season to even be able to hold Mayfield off from the starting position

No no, John.  The Browns spent a third rounder on Taylor and their #1 overall pick on Mayfield.  They CLEARLY believe in Taylor more than Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Life didn't seem easy for the Raiders, Bucs or Giants last year... all have "Franchise QBs"... supposedly.

I could argue each of those points.

But I was generally speaking.

Life on Offense,  Coaching on down to players and play calling gets  a little more easier and you can focus on the nitty gritty details. Like acquiring a supporting cast that might allow him to shine !  Draft methods change when the most important player is on the Team and the Newish staff all want to make it work

Until you have the Franchise guy, you are using a bridge QB. which can honestly be half hearted. 

It is just an factless opinion, I admit

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And this yet another reason it was a class move by Bills. and very smart to take advantage of the opportunity of the trade as well. Timing was just right for all.
I felt it was good all around and no one involved in the trade seems unhappy ? Even Tyrod is saying the right things. He should believe in himself. Seems many have taken his answer to a question as if he was shouting at the world and some fans here especially  lol
Wish him some better luck than he has had ,  and I focus on the Nathan Peterman starts thread !

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Huh?  I said #1 picks have more talent than sixth rounders.  You came back with "Tyrod is starting over a #1 pick," as if that invalidated my argument.  What was your point, exactly?

Have you been following your own conversation?

If so, you should be able to figure it out. Your statement that "#1 picks have more talent than sixth rounders" was tangential to what you were talking about with that other poster.

The points I made had to do with the actual point you were discussing, which was not talent of a 1st rounder vs talent of a 6th rounder.

Figure it out. Or maybe you already did but you've figured out it's not a solid argument so you're trying to steer the conversation in a different direction to save face.

But I did not say and do not believe Taylor has more talent than Mayfield, who is the QB I wanted most in this draft.

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Have you been following your own conversation?

If so, you should be able to figure it out. Your statement that "#1 picks have more talent than sixth rounders" was tangential to what you were talking about with that other poster.

The points I made had to do with the actual point you were discussing, which was not talent of a 1st rounder vs talent of a 6th rounder.

Figure it out. Or maybe you already did but you've figured out it's not a solid argument so you're trying to steer the conversation in a different direction to save face.

But I did not say and do not believe Taylor has more talent than Mayfield, who is the QB I wanted most in this draft.

You jumped in the conversation with "weapons mattering" between Jameis and Tyrod.

I countered with "talent mattering" between Jameis and Tyrod.  

It's okay.  The TT talk is almost all over.  A handful of games in CLE and that'll be curtains.

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

You jumped in the conversation with "weapons mattering" between Jameis and Tyrod.

I countered with "talent mattering" between Jameis and Tyrod.  

It's okay.  The TT talk is almost all over.  A handful of games in CLE and that'll be curtains.

...ALMOST?....why?...I say trade Allen & McCarron to Browns straight up for TT...then we can regurgitate the 67,984 TT threads all over again.....SMH...........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...ALMOST?....why?...I say trade Allen & McCarron to Browns straight up for TT...then we can regurgitate the 67,984 TT threads all over again.....SMH...........

In 2054, now for a look back at Tyrod Taylor: Was he good enough?  MY COLUMN

• Haha (+1) 1