Roseanne Canceled

36 minutes ago, Dante said:

Who would hire a qb that can't play? Makes no sense. It sucks he can't find a job as a clerk somewhere though. Maybe an office assistant fetching files and coffee? Someone should check into that make sure he isn't being marginalized.

Karpernick doesn’t have a job because he sucks. Liberals are too stupid to realize this FACT.

Trust me, if he was a capable top 15 starting QB, he would certainly be starting for somebody, no matter what his beliefs are.

Since he is a garbage QB, no one is touching him.

talent doesn't mean anything to Tibs or other of tiny brain stem

it's sincerity and being nice is what counts

all sincere and nice people who want to play in the NFL should have the right to put on the pads and hammer it out

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

talent doesn't mean anything to Tibs or other of tiny brain stem

it's sincerity and being nice is what counts

all sincere and nice people who want to play in the NFL should have the right to put on the pads and hammer it out

I will put it into perspective.....................

If Kaepernick was even a decent starting QB like Andy Dalton.......... he would be starting in the NFL right now. It wouldn't make a difference what his beliefs are

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I will put it into perspective.....................

If Kaepernick was even a decent starting QB like Andy Dalton.......... he would be starting in the NFL right now. It wouldn't make a difference what his beliefs are

inability to play, plus 100% demonstrating you are going to be a distraction to a team are both death sentences for a career

any needless distraction to a team is poison, teams do whatever they can to avoid them

he will deliberately cause one every day he is on team property

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

inability to play, plus 100% demonstrating you are going to be a distraction to a team are both death sentences for a career

any needless distraction to a team is poison, teams do whatever they can to avoid them

he will deliberately cause one every day he is on team property

Seattle was close to signing him as their back up QB, but ultimately decided that a BACK UP QB isn't worth the headache. 

And Seattle is absolutely right.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Karpernick doesn’t have a job because he sucks. Liberals are too stupid to realize this FACT.

Trust me, if he was a capable top 15 starting QB, he would certainly be starting for somebody, no matter what his beliefs are.

Since he is a garbage QB, no one is touching him.

I'm gonna have to disagree on this one. I'm 2016, Colin put up some decent numbers. In 11starts he threw 16 TDs and 4 picks. He ran for 468 yards with a 90.7 QB rating.  that rating puts him ahead of Eli and Rivers for the year. This was on a dumpster fire team with its coach with one foot out the door and another on a banana peel.

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm gonna have to disagree on this one. I'm 2016, Colin put up some decent numbers. In 11starts he threw 16 TDs and 4 picks. He ran for 468 yards with a 90.7 QB rating.  that rating puts him ahead of Eli and Rivers for the year. This was on a dumpster fire team with its coach with one foot out the door and another on a banana peel.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

another QB who won't throw the ball and is worshiped for low interception numbers...

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Numbers don't even tell half the story.

Taylor's numbers are good, yet the Bills want nothing to do with him.

Trust me, if Kaepernick was even a decent QB, he'd be working in the NFL.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Why in heaven's name would I trust you of all people? Ain't happenin'. I trust my eyes and judgement waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than yours.

2 minutes ago, E. Side Bulldog said:

Isn't the Cosby situation a close enough comparison?

No one's defending him.  Fans of the show are just sad about it.

Can fans of Roseanne be sad instead of angry?  Not: whatabout!?, whatabout!?, whatabout?!..  

:blink:.... Cosby was defended for decades

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Taylor's numbers are good

Taylor got us to the playoffs for the first time in EIGHTEEN YEARS. Colin got to NFC Championship two years in a row.

Screw the numbers, just give me the wins ?

Edited by reddogblitz

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Why in heaven's name would I trust you of all people? Ain't happenin'. I trust my eyes and judgement waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than yours.

I am happy for you.

And NFL executes agree a lot more with me than you.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Taylor got us to the playoffs. Colin got to NFC Championship two years in a row.

Screw the numbers, just give me the wins ?

If it was just about being in the playoffs, Taylor would still be in Buffalo.

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Kaep is good enough to play in the NFL.  He's not good enough to compensate for the added noise and distraction that his signing would bring.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GG said:

Kaep is good enough to play in the NFL.  He's not good enough to compensate for the added noise and distraction that his signing would bring.  

Ok.......... if you are McBeane.............. do you want him on your team? 

I know I don't because he SUCKS as a QB. Case closed.

13 minutes ago, GG said:

Exactly right. He's not starter material but he's good enough to at least be a third stringer, if not a backup.  But no one wants their third-stringer bringing the circus to town every single day, so why have the headache.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Ok.......... if you are McBeane.............. do you want him on your team? 

I know I don't because he SUCKS as a QB. Case closed.

Peterman over Kaepernick?  Are you serious?

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

He also opted out of a contract that paid him (I think) over 10 million a year. He should have at least played that year.

4 hours ago, Dante said:

Who would hire a qb that can't play? Makes no sense. It sucks he can't find a job as a clerk somewhere though. Maybe an office assistant fetching files and coffee? Someone should check into that make sure he isn't being marginalized.

Dunkin Donuts would hire him 

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Taylor and Kaepernick both stink.      You go too far when you vouch for bums. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:blink:.... Cosby was defended for decades

I have friends who think he’s innocent and he was set up.          

Because he’s black ?

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

You know why Kaepernick isn't in the NFL right now?

Because his girlfriend couldn't shut her race-baitingh piehole long enough for the deal to be made.

Period.

1 hour ago, Keukasmallies said:

Jimmy Kimmel must be looking over his shoulder given the attacks he rolls out on a nightly basis aimed at the current POTUS.  (Oh, but wait, Trump is a Republican.)

You do realize that if Roseanne called Condi Rice a cross between the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes, she'd get a public slap on the wrist and private congratulations?

37 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Taylor and Kaepernick both stink.      You go too far when you vouch for bums. 

They both suffer from the same problem of "option QBs that can't throw over the middle, and being mobile doesn't make up for that."  

People tell me "Kaepernick's great!" and show me highlights, two-thirds of which are him running from pressure because he held the ball too long because he won't throw over the middle.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You do realize that if Roseanne called Condi Rice a cross between the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes, she'd get a public slap on the wrist and private congratulations?

Most people probably have no clue who Condi Rice is

• Like (+1) 2

When ABC execs greenlit the “Roseanne” reboot, they did so knowing full well that Roseanne is a ticking time bomb and it was only a matter of time before she said something awful. This week, she did just that when she referred to Valerie Jarrett as the lovechild of the Muslim Brotherhood and the Planet of the Apes. Not only did she lose her show, but she’s essentially cemented her status as a Hollywood pariah. The same celebrities who indulged her unhinged ravings when conservatives and conservative causes were her targets suddenly want nothing to do with her because she went after Valerie Jarrett.

And you know what? The Roseanne cluster says even more about Hollywood than it does about her:

-CGO6HAl_normal.jpg

ABC was justified in firing Roseanne. I also believe they have no moral high ground for hiring that nutter in the first place. I also think it's funny that Hollywood is more comfortable with rapists than bigots. Confirms that, for the left, thought crime is the biggest sin.

The Hollywood Left will tolerate or bury sexual predation, but vile words directed at liberals? That’s a bridge too far.

When anyone tells you that media bias is a conservative fantasy, send them this headline.

DeiVLvjU8AENllz.jpg

Of course .........................now there has been countless apologies and retractions, because that's allowed when a liberal "mis-speaks"

HACK ATTACK! WaPo’s ‘predictable’ spin on Samantha Bee accidentally impugns LIBERALS (and THEMSELVES)

n-Ic9nBO_normal.jpg

Samantha Bee called Ivanka Trump a vulgar word. Conservatives and the White House aren’t happy. https://wapo.st/2L735dB

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

When anyone tells you that media bias is a conservative fantasy, send them this headline.

DeiVLvjU8AENllz.jpg

I know what she did was pretty ridiculous, but you're lying if you aren't enjoying the strength of this leftist meltdown. There is no way I thought we'd see it so often, on such a grand scale, for as long as it's lasted.

It's beautiful. Trump should be well into his second term before they finally realize how badly they've FUBAR'ed things for their party.

What Barr said was bad and it deserved the consequences it got, but if you wanna play the "firing game".............

Why does Samantha Bee still have a job? What Bee said about Ivanka is much worse than what Barr said. I guess it is ok to use the C word to a conservative female, especially Trump's daughter.

Using the C word to a woman is much worse than saying the N word to a black person............. to womanhood anyways.

The hypocrisy on the left is downright astounding. Truly, truly disgusting.

14 hours ago, njbuff said:

What Barr said was bad and it deserved the consequences it got, but if you wanna play the "firing game".............

Why does Samantha Bee still have a job? What Bee said about Ivanka is much worse than what Barr said. I guess it is ok to use the C word to a conservative female, especially Trump's daughter.

Using the C word to a woman is much worse than saying the N word to a black person............. to womanhood anyways.

The hypocrisy on the left is downright astounding. Truly, truly disgusting.

ABC wanted to avoid the public backlash they would have received had they not fired Barr. What she said was racist (whether or not she is actually a racist herself) and deeply offensive to many people. That obviously reflects on them as a network, and they stand to lose a lot of revenue if viewers decide to boycott. I think most agree that ABC was well within their right to react as they did.

TBS will do the same if they begin to believe that Bee's comments will draw the same kind of reaction, but there is a significant difference between the two controversies: Barr put hers out there as a late-night tweet, from home, acting strictly on her own. Bee's comments were part of a TV show, and as a result may have a degree of insulation from fallout (maybe DR or others here have better insight into this) - the controversy may even generate a spike in Bee's ratings (sad as that may be).

Something else I think is worth consideration is the fact that profanity and classlessness is one thing, while racism (real or perceived) is quite another. Many people can handle the controversies they may generate by using edgy or profane language, but people (especially white people) treat accusations of racism like kryptonite or leprosy. They can't get out of its way fast enough, and many will instantly turn on their peers over it if helps to insulate themselves from similar accusations.

• Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, njbuff said:

Why does Samantha Bee still have a job?

Because the party of Tiberius/gator/baskin believes that the message was right, even though maybe the word was wrong.

They piss their pants when Trump refers to MS-13 as animals, but calling the president's daughter a c**t, and suggesting she get some incest going with him, is perfectly acceptable because it's more important to defend MS-13 gang members than it is to defend the president's daughter.

There's your mid-term message.

Best meltdown ever keeps moving along.

Things that make you go, "Hummmm..."

Did Michelle Obama successfully lobby ABC TV’s president to fire Roseanne?
by Peter Barry Chowka

Original Article

There are many angles to the this week’s Roseanne Barr controversy, but this one caught my attention: On Tuesday afternoon, about twelve hours after Roseanne tweeted and quickly deleted her comments about Valerie Jarrett that almost instantly eviscerated her TV career, a Twitter user name Josh Cornett tweeted this: BREAKING: According to sources ABC President Channing Dungey had a long conversation via phone with former First Lady Michelle Obama before deciding to cancel the Roseanne show. Michelle Obama was reportedly enraged and insisted an apology was inadequate......

Again .....................what she tweeted was stupid and unnecessarily degrading, 

but note, it was more important WHO she said it about...............than WHAT she said.

Edited by B-Man