!@#$ the Home Depot

Went to HD yesterday after work... Get there a few minutes before 8pm... Didn't know they were closing @ 8.  They said: "We are closing, but can get the things you need."

Said: "No thanks and went to Super Walmart across street... They open to midnight?

We are a 24/7/365 world... Some people gotta work... Just stay open.  Holidays, Sundays are things of the past.  Even the USPS was working yesterday and delivered my packages...

55 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Garbage customer service .  Almost like they don’t want customers. t(-.o)t

They give you a 10% Military discount... Not good enough? I think you are a Vet JSP?

"The Home Depot offers a year-round,10 percent discount, up to a $500maximum, at our U.S. stores to all active duty military personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans and their immediate families."

Of course they want you there.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They give you a 10% Military discount... Not good enough? I think you are a Vet JSP?

"The Home Depot offers a year-round,10 percent discount, up to a $500maximum, at our U.S. stores to all active duty military personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans and their immediate families."

My father in law is a vet.  He tells me every time he goes to Home Depot about the discount. Every so often he runs into somebody who wants multiple forms of proof that he is a vet, which ticks him off.  He’s the assistant commander of the local American Legion, and he goes to the VA for medical services, so he has the IDs, but he doesn’t like it when somebody questions his authenticity.

It’s usually hard to find somebody to help you at Home Depot, and many of the ones who are there have only limited knowledge.  Not like the old family hardware store where the old guy knew everything. 

I usually look look up what I want on line before I go so that I can find it easier.  It works for Lowe’s, too. I go in there knowing that the item is in bay 12 of aisle 7, or whatever.

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yes I know it’s why I go there. It adds up!

2 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

My father in law is a vet.  He tells me every time he goes to Home Depot about the discount. Every so often he runs into somebody who wants multiple forms of proof that he is a vet, which ticks him off.  He’s the assistant commander of the local American Legion, and he goes to the VA for medical services, so he has the IDs, but he doesn’t like it when somebody questions his authenticity.

It’s usually hard to find somebody to help you at Home Depot, and many of the ones who are there have only limited knowledge.  Not like the old family hardware store where the old guy knew everything. 

I usually look look up what I want on line before I go so that I can find it easier.  It works for Lowe’s, too. I go in there knowing that the item is in bay 12 of aisle 7, or whatever.

Jersey puts a veteran designation on your dl.

38 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

So the landlord made you replace the AC after all? Or is this a separate tantrum?

No lol fixing a toilet. That case is now on its second and hopefully last appeal. That B word can eat a bag.

• Haha (+1) 2

I love home depot. That is a happy place for me. I usually get very good service at my local store, and I know the layout very well. I'm a handy mofo, so I don't typically need their advice, but when I do, more often than not I get courteous, knowledgeable service. I am there several times a week. Matter of fact, I need to go get some pool supplies now and return a few items from my water well installation.

30 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I dont see what's wrong with having to show proof of anything if they are giving you a discount (veteran, native status, etc.). To many D-bags out there that will try and fraud the system faking it if they didnt ask for proof.

As for home depot, I know someone who is supposed to be banned from there because he want off on one of the Experts for giving someone wrong advise

Home depot/Lowes/other box hardware stores are great if you know what you need to do a project around the house. But if you have to go in there  and ask someone for advise on what to get or how to do something, turn around and find a professional to do it for you cause you shouldn't be in that store. Their experts are to building as Subway employees are to art.....

You also have to be careful what you buy there. Around here they will sell almost anything, and some of it will not meet building codes for use in the area, so if you have a permit for the work it may bite you during an inspection. I have seen it many times where a building inspection has failed and the excuse was that "this is what the guy at Home Depot said I needed to use or would work"

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Participating stores only.  My dad was told they (store in Queensbury, NY) no longer honor the 10% discount for vets less than a month ago.  

Our local Lowe's, however, continues to honor the discount.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Participating stores only.  My dad was told they (store in Queensbury, NY) no longer honor the 10% discount for vets less than a month ago.  

Yeah... That's a pimpy thing for HD to do!

I've made a lot of purchases with HD over the last several years with home improvements and remodels, buying everything from tile to bath supplies to cabinets and more.  Personally, I don't have a problem with HD and found them to be reasonable with prices as well as returns and exchanges, and have never felt screwed by them.  Customer service is kind of subjective as it depends on the employee.  Some care more about the customer than others, just like some experts are more knowledgeable on their area of expertise than others.  I've never had a problem that I can think of which would bother me to this day.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Somebody needs to get the word out about that Lowes location.  Enough bad publicity will get it re-instated

15 years ago I left $500 of tile, grout, adhesive and tools on a cart at HD (that a hard working clerk assembled for me), since on the way past appliances the asshat there decided my '$100 off' coupon didn't apply to the chest freezer I was going to buy as well.  All fine print was parsed prior to entry.  And yes, my son-in-law was heard to say to his wife "Oh boy, here we go..."

39 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Oh, then you went to the wrong store. You need to go to Dick's and get some tennis balls. 

BBs do better to flush if you have steel pipes

Or if you take the reservoir at the top and put red food coloring in it or yellow.you can have fun. Or just piss in the reservoir. Though, I saw evidence some that in it once.

But the best is to simply take a handful of balloons and flush them.  The long stringy ones