What are your plans for this weekend?

mead107

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I never had you painted in my mind as a flower guy. Anyway..do you dry rub your ribs the night before smoking? I use a old friends recipe from a gal i knew from the bayou of Louisiana..Miss Billie Bon...she passed about a half decade ago....anyway,she turned me on to a vinegar and dry rub overnight in the fridge...low oven at 250 for about 1 hour.....then smoke/grill with hickory and apple chips. I continue to try new sauces...the plastic bottle store bought chain types don't get my buds hyped anymore...usually get a couple pints from Kentucky Greg's (tomato base). Enjoy the next few days...you deserve it! 

Peace.

I will apply the rub just prior to throwing on the smoker.  I made the rub tonight.  No salt.  I'll apply salt to the ribs 2 hours prior to putting the rub on and smoking.  This is my first go with ribs.  I've gotten great advice from @CountryCletus,  @BringBackFergy and @Cripple Creek.  Can't wait to see how they come out!

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

I will apply the rub just prior to throwing on the smoker.  I made the rub tonight.  No salt.  I'll apply salt to the ribs 2 hours prior to putting the rub on and smoking.  This is my first go with ribs.  I've gotten great advice from @CountryCletus,  @BringBackFergy and @Cripple Creek.  Can't wait to see how they come out!

My lord, you are taking advice from those 3 idiots? May as well just donate those ribs to the dogs now, they will not be edible by humans!

I did have one question..are you grilling crabcakes? 

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

My lord, you are taking advice from those 3 idiots? May as well just donate those ribs to the dogs now, they will not be edible by humans!

I did have one question..are you grilling crabcakes? 

LOL!!!

Yes.  Grilling the crabcakes.  They're premade at the supermarket; I didn't make them.  They cost $1.39/each and they're delicious!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Better than snowblowing.

I have not blown snow ? since my twenties, but I have foggy memories of very good times. Have I ever mentioned the fine, fine hooker that lived across the street?  

Way more fun than opening the pool! Now the hot tub, on the other hand, is always open!

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Dealing with my pool.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Better than snowblowing.

I have a pool.  My wife and I used it twice last summer. It is messy, frustrating and expensive to get it all cleaned up and ready to use. I honestly think I would rather run a snowblower than deal with a pool.

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

I have a pool.  My wife and I used it twice last summer. It is messy, frustrating and expensive to get it all cleaned up and ready to use. I honestly think I would rather run a snowblower than deal with a pool.

I've been in ours just a few times in the past 5 or so years..my wife likes to lay on a raft and get a suntan..she won't touch the water if it's in the low 80's..,so my heating bill in the summer months is silly high.Happy wife= Happy life.

1 hour ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I have not blown snow ? since my twenties, but I have foggy memories of very good times. Have I ever mentioned the fine, fine hooker that lived across the street?  

Way more fun than opening the pool! Now the hot tub, on the other hand, is always open!

My wife wants a hot tub...that's where I draw the line.

20 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I've been in ours just a few times in the past 5 or so years..my wife likes to lay on a raft and get a suntan..she won't touch the water if it's in the low 80's..,so my heating bill in the summer months is silly high.Happy wife= Happy life.

My wife and I wish we had just settled for a hot tub.  My wife only goes in the pool to vacuum it. It’s her zen thing. She stands in waist deep water and methodically moves the vacuum back and forth. And she HATES house cleaning.  I don’t get it.

Finally done with all of the chores. Mowing done and removed a bush from one of the flower beds this morning. Have some pork chops marinating and a steak seasoning for later. Taking in the Indy 500 now before going out to grab a beer with a buddy, who seems to be going through some weird stuff recently. 

26 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Sounds like your pool is nearly a hot tub anyway. Good compromise.

About to throw the shrimp on the grill. Two minutes per side for these U-15 edibles. Let them cool then I’ll peel and chill to take to neighbors tonight. Made a strange remoulade that has no mayo, but plenty of zip.

I miss having a pool, but we had a pool service in Florida. It’s a big business there. When we bought our last house there I went back trough the previous 50 sales in the neighborhood, and 48 had pools. We, of course, added a pool to ours. Seller wanted us to pay by SF as though she had a pool. I straightened her out. I’m too ashamed to say how much that pool/spa/cage cost. 

2 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Fill it in! We had ours filled in and it is my favorite home improvement project ever. ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

We're just the opposite. I'm in the pool daily, especially since pool season is only like 8 weeks in NH. Long story why but I let the pool sit untreated for too long and I would up with a massive algae bloom. I know how to treat it but it's a pain in the rear because you have to take the filter apart once, if not twice, to unclog all the dead algae.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Fill it in! We had ours filled in and it is my favorite home improvement project ever. ?

The people a couple doors down from us filled theirs in and they're thrilled that they did. I like it as a focal point (especially at night), and I also love that feeling of being surrounded by cool water on a hot day!  

42 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We're just the opposite. I'm in the pool daily, especially since pool season is only like 8 weeks in NH. Long story why but I let the pool sit untreated for too long and I would up with a massive algae bloom. I know how to treat it but it's a pain in the rear because you have to take the filter apart once, if not twice, to unclog all the dead algae.

We (and by we, I mean my wife) are big believers in a lot of chlorine and fungicide. We occasionally get a green tint, but never an algae bloom. However, this year I may have to replace the lever for the valves on top of the filter mechanism. The lever is hard to move and leaks. Not looking forward to it. 

13 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

We (and by we, I mean my wife) are big believers in a lot of chlorine and fungicide. We occasionally get a green tint, but never an algae bloom. However, this year I may have to replace the lever for the valves on top of the filter mechanism. The lever is hard to move and leaks. Not looking forward to it. 

Our last pool in Florida was salt water. It was AWESOME! I’m glad we had a husband/wife team to take care of it....and it was NOT us. It was about $80/month and worth every penny. My buddy tried to do his own pool once, and it was a disaster. Have to know what you’re doing. 

• Like (+1) 1