Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

NYJ Trade Hackenberg to the Raiders for a Conditional 2019 7th Round Pick - Waived by Oakland

Recommended Posts

We have a thread about Christian Sack-of-@@@@enberg.... and EJ Manuel....

 

and we wonder why we haven't had a good QB since Jim....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

We have a thread about Christian Sack-of-@@@@enberg.... and EJ Manuel....

 

and we wonder why we haven't had a good QB since Jim....

 

Bledsoe was a top 8-12 QB when we had him. Orton was a solid middle of the road guy. Flutie was magic. Rob Johnson had potential but injuries, sacks, and Flutie looking over his shoulder ruined him. Fitz wasn't bad at all.

 

It was Losman, Edwards, and Manuel more than anything that led to our bad teams. That, and Ralph Wilson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rob Johnson reminds me of Josh Allen -tons of physical talent, but "happy feet" and a bit off on reads and accuracy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

Rob Johnson reminds me of Josh Allen -tons of physical talent, but "happy feet" and a bit off on reads and accuracy

I would say Patrick Mahomes is a poor mans Rob Johnson...

 

JOsh Allen is  more a Brady, Rodgers and Wilson allin one.

 

😲

Edited by snamsnoops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, musichunch said:

 

Bledsoe was a top 8-12 QB when we had him. Orton was a solid middle of the road guy. Flutie was magic. Rob Johnson had potential but injuries, sacks, and Flutie looking over his shoulder ruined him. Fitz wasn't bad at all.

 

It was Losman, Edwards, and Manuel more than anything that led to our bad teams. That, and Ralph Wilson. 

No, he really wasn't. You could try to argue it for 2002, but he was nowhere close in 2003 or 2004.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No, he really wasn't. You could try to argue it for 2002, but he was nowhere close in 2003 or 2004.

 

Precisely what I'm arguing. He was a very good QB at the tail end of his prime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, musichunch said:

Precisely what I'm arguing. He was a very good QB at the tail end of his prime. 

Maybe you misread. Bledsoe was absolutely NOT a top 8-12 QB when we had him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Maybe you misread. Bledsoe was absolutely NOT a top 8-12 QB when we had him.

He had 8 good weeks and then had a losing record, 195 yards a game and 1:1 TD to INT. Bledsoe was pretty much awful after 8 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

Rob Johnson reminds me of Josh Allen -tons of physical talent, but "happy feet" and a bit off on reads and accuracy

Interesting take

 

Lets see how it works out for you cotten

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, musichunch said:

 

Bledsoe was a top 8-12 QB when we had him. Orton was a solid middle of the road guy kitty. Flutie was magic. Rob Johnson had potential but injuries, sacks, and Flutie looking over his shoulder ruined him. Fitz wasn't bad at all.

 

It was Losman, Edwards, and Manuel more than anything that led to our bad teams. That, and Ralph Wilson. 

FTFY.  !@#$ Orton, 3rd and kitty mother!@#$er.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Bledsoe was absolutely NOT a top 8-12 QB when we had him

 

 

 

There is undoubtedly some "guru" site that "ranked" him that high... which is "proof" to those who do not understand the football they actually watch....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....well, he did last 21 days....so maybe they sign EJ back......stay tuned......never know with Chuckie..............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He had 8 good weeks and then had a losing record, 195 yards a game and 1:1 TD to INT. Bledsoe was pretty much awful after 8 games. 

 

But didn’t he have an amazing game with like 560 yards passing? That’s a whole month these days! What an crazy drop off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who actually watched Hackenberg at Penn State and gave him something other than an UNDRAFTED GRADE is a completely incompetent football scout...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gugny said:

 

Wow.

 

EJ must be really, really good now!

EJ Da Great!!! He also beat out Connor Cook, a former board favorite here last year!!!

 

Dear Lord, Hackenberg must really suck.  A guy who looks the part of a franchise qb who never really had the ability.  It’s hilarious that people tried to blame James Franklin for his failings.

2 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

Anyone who actually watched Hackenberg at Penn State and gave him something other than an UNDRAFTED GRADE is a completely incompetent football scout...

They blamed everyone else at PSU for his failings.  Thankfully, we won’t draft someone like that!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian Hackenberg has plenty of similarities as a prospect to Josh Allen. 

 

Pros - big, strong, mobile, "looks" like a QB, good intangibles, smart

 

Cons - questionable accuracy, poor game film, poor pocket presence

 

Hopefully Allen is a lot better, but it shows how low the floor is for boom or bust prospects like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....well, he did last 21 days....so maybe they sign EJ back......stay tuned......never know with Chuckie..............

EJ was already signed back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am eternally grateful for each and every draft blunder by our AFCE opponents. This is a biggie! THANK YOU! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

EJ was already signed back.

 

...so no wonder Hack became expendable......:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 12:04 PM, prissythecat said:

 

 

EJ's stats in Oakland:   2 games 24/43  =  55% completion percentage.    265 yards (132.5 yards/game)  .  6.2 Y/A.    1 TD 1 INT.   72.3 QB rating.              

 

A continuation of the mediocrity he showed in Buff.    Not sure how one can conclude he is a fine backup?

Holds clipboard well?  Can wear headphones if required?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Holds clipboard well?  Can wear headphones if required?

 

...and no "bring him in" threads yet either...baffling....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Christian Hackenberg has plenty of similarities as a prospect to Josh Allen. 

 

Pros - big, strong, mobile, "looks" like a QB, good intangibles, smart

 

Cons - questionable accuracy, poor game film, poor pocket presence

 

Hopefully Allen is a lot better, but it shows how low the floor is for boom or bust prospects like this. 

I thought the knock on Hackenberg was he's dumb? Wasn't that his issue? He could not read defenses. Didn't he have a low wonderlic too?

Edited by CuddyDark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

I thought the knock on Hackenberg was he's dumb? Wasn't that his issue? He could not read defenses. Didn't he have a low wonderlic too?

 

Unremarkable Wonderlic.  24.  Neither high nor WTF? low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad story.  Think the kid got ruined when Bill O'Brien left Penn State.  He had it all.  Good O-Line, Good WRs, Good Coach.  Then in 2013 O'Brien left and his WRs (Allen Robinson) and several OL went to the NFL.  Sanctions decimated them at OL.  Kid got crushed.  In 2013 and 2014 he had as many sacks per game as Drew Bledsoe did in 2005 (3.4/game).   He physically seemed to be able to take the abuse, but it was clear he was thrown off his game.  It threw him off and he never recovered.

 

He is one of the main guys who kept penn state together through the sanctions, and i will never forget him for that...but sadly, i think he is done here.  Hope to see him get another chance, but i think time has run out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×