Rodak on Sirius Opening Drive 5/14

37 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Or they just saw him play and didnt like what they saw...including the worse half of QB play ever. I am sorry but its hard to get excited from anything he showed. Nothing to do with Tyrod. If Peterman was on any other team no one on this board would want him. 

He had a horrible game in his rookie year so now the mob concludes that he can't play. That makes no bloody sense! He might prove to be a completely incapable player but to make an iron clad judgment from that one game is dumb. I don't want to denigrate your expertise but on this issue I give more credence to the wrestling coach. 

1 hour ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Or maybe he just isnt very good.

That might be the case or it might not. That's why you continue to evaluate him and don't foreclose your options until you know for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

When someone says something is the "worst" it usually means "they have new guys who I know nothing about." But I will grant you the WR corps is pretty rough. QB is better than "the worst." OL might be better than expected with some promising rookies. Remember, everyone sucks when they're unknown.

I see McCarron as a low-turnover guy, like TT.  And it would be dumb to cut Peterman anytime before the final cutdowns.  He's got his rookie year behind him, a year in the system, and has been working on his arm strength. 

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills offense was basically be some what aggressive to start the game, get a lead and then go ultra conservative and sit on the lead while hoping the defense can hold. 

An ultra boring game plan but hey, It worked enough to get a back door position in the playoffs.... can't see that working again. I think you'll see turnovers increase some what significantly on offense with Tyrod gone. 

Yeah the "how much worse can the offense get?" crowd is WAY off base.

It can get A LOT worse.........and may.     

Jauron Ball is not as easy to execute as Tyrod made it look.     Tyrophobes became blind to all of the 3rd downs the guy was converting by any means necessary which kept the defense is very favorable field position and time of possession situations.

McCarron's tape in Cinci is scary if you are expecting Jauron Ball again.       Dude was inaccurate and threw into traffic a ton and of course offers no mobility,   doesn't move well in the pocket.........he needs to improve A TON to be serviceable in Jauron Ball.  

Best hope is probably that Daboll finds a way to run a lot of RPO which protects the OL a bit and gives McCoy a chance to get started before he's tackled in the backfield and buys the receivers a bit of separation.  

Perhaps not an impossible task but it is going to be very hard to overcome the 8-10 matchups out of  a possible 11 on every play that they are losing to the defense across from them on any given snap.     It's a matchup league.

3 hours ago, eball said:

Meh...for fans who really follow the team there was nothing enlightening in this discussion.  Yes, we know the WR ranks are questionable.  Yes, we know the OL is filling three slots.  Yes, we know Allen is a rookie and there are two other unproven guys at the position.

No discussion at all about probably the biggest offseason acquisition of all -- Brian Daboll.  Could completely alter the perception of Buffalo's offense because right now everyone is thinking about last year.

I will continue to disagree with the proposition it is unlikely that Allen starts immediately.

I am as  confident in my position that Allen won't start right away as I was in my position that Rex was a fraud before he even took to the sidelines. There is a chance that he will play sometime in the season but it won't be when the season starts. Trust me on this issue; I will not lead you astray. ?

4 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I remember how bad the offense was last year, and it's hard to imagine it regressing at all, it could be worse, but not much it was terrible.    If McCarron and Daboll can get anything going, we'll be better.   The Oline is worse, no doubt about that.   That will have the biggest negative effect. 

I could see the team putting up worse rushing numbers and similar passing numbers. Add to it a likely increase in turnovers and the O could be absolutely putrid. The only thing it did eell last yesr was avoid turnovers. Take that away and you’re looking at a bottom of the league type offense.

The D will be better but Im not sure they'll put up a better ppg against given the likelyhood that they’ll ne defending more short fields due to more turnovers on offense.

5 hours ago, dneveu said:

Regression on O?  How much worse could we get? 22nd in points and 29th in yards...  3 points in our first playoff game in like 20 years.  Hopefully Daboll can come up with something better than run-run-pass-punt.

That's a dangerous question to ask. I would argue that we got (at least temporarily) worse at quarterback and worse along the offensive line. I hope Daboll is an improvement over Dennison and I was excited about the hire, but his last few NFL offensive coordinator gigs did not produce stellar offensive results. And for those who say "well no, but he didn't have much to work with in those spots."....EXACTLY! He doesn't have much to work with at the moment HERE, either!

4 hours ago, eball said:

Meh...for fans who really follow the team there was nothing enlightening in this discussion.  Yes, we know the WR ranks are questionable.  Yes, we know the OL is filling three slots.  Yes, we know Allen is a rookie and there are two other unproven guys at the position.

Two slots unless one of the starters last year (Ducasse, Mills, Dawkins) gets cut or demoted. Glenn was not healthy enough to be a started last year.  Anyone following team knows that hence why Rodakent, a P*ts fan, does not qualify.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am actually excited about a couple of the not talked about guys on offense

O'Leary....the kid was open....a LOT....and always gained plus yards on his catches

Ivory.....a lot of people knocked this aquisition.....I love the fit because he is a big bruising back that can actually run laterally if he has to unlike Tolbert and is great for short yardage/goal line situations/keep Shady fresh

Wait, What? We have Ivory? When did that happen? I like that dude!

6 hours ago, ngbills said:

Disagree. I think most skeptics are basing this on:

OL - 2-3 lost starters. Marginal at best replacements.

WR - Awful group and possibly worse with some departures.

QB - Completely unknown. None of them have been a starter in the league, none have seen much playing time at all. Combine that with a new OC and this OL and WR crew its tough. 

Totally disagree on your opinion on OL. There was a reason we let Glenn go. Dawkins is better. Groy played well in Wood’s absence 2 years ago. I’m going to be optimistic and say that’s a push. I thought Richie took a step back last year. And he will be 35 when the season starts. He did go to the pro bowl last year ( fan vote). Hoping we can get Miller or someone else to step up and replace him. I think our OL will be better than almost everyone else. I agree we need to add another WR. In reality maybe not till August. McCarron will be a much better passer than Tyrod. But how much better will he make the Bills Offense overall ?

This conversation sounds very familiar, like 2017 familiar. Only last year the offense sucked because of the OC, the QB and the OL. Well now the offense sucks because we got rid of the OC, the QB and the OL. 

And questioning the Defense in Fraser's second year that includes the addition of Vontae Davis, Trent Murphy, rookies Edmunds and Phillips, and Star, plus Milano and White in their sophomore seasons, plus arguably the best safety tandem in the league is simply dumb.

I think the Bills are every bit as good as last year other than left guard and center.

This is the same Rodak who, after our preseason moves, said the Bills' season was over before it started...and then we made the playoffs.  You'll forgive me if I don't take the guy seriously.  He hates the Bills, paints as much in a negative light as he can, and is just hoping and praying the team crashes and burns.  The Bills made him look like an absolute fool last year, I'm sure he'd love nothing more then to see them fail this season.  Don't believe me?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/28518/bills-set-up-tyrod-taylor-to-fail-blow-up-2017-season-with-shocking-trades

BUFFALO -- Turn out the lights on the Buffalo Bills' 2017 season, because it is over before it started.

After Friday, it looks like Buffalo is chasing the Jets in a race to the bottom this season -- and the top of the 2018 draft.

Nice predictions, Nostradamus.  What was that sound?  Oh, I know!  That was the sound of all your credibility flying out the window.  Dolt

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Nice predictions, Nostradamus.  What was that sound?  Oh, I know!  That was the sound of all your credibility flying out the window.  Dolt

Nice call out...

I can’t believe the lack of respect the Bills get from the media over there..

Yesterday there was a story on nfl.com... Former Rams and Seahawks coach Chuck Knox dies at 86..

Edited by Aussie Joe

15 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Josh Rosen was probably off their board.

Rosen isn't entitled. He's an injury risk and has his own mind and interests and won't shut up easily. Some coaches wouldn't deal with that, but McD doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

IMO if the Cards had traded to 7 and taken Allen we would've traded to 10 and taken Rosen.

13 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

A Denver situation wouldn't surprise me at all.  Solid defense but bad offense and bad QB play while winning 5 to 6 games. 

Again, turnover differential is typically the ultimate decider in games. I don't expect the Bills turnover differential to be nearly as good as it was with Tyrod gone and McCarron starting. No way Peterman starts. The guy is awful.

They are keeping him around because they drafted him and McDermott obviously likes him.(No coincidence both are devout Christians.) 

If he was a Whaley pick he'd be gone already. 

Peterman isn't awful. He was awful, briefly. And then a decent rookie backup. Who apparently they love and think is improving. 

Way. It's certainly unlikely, barring injury, but way.

Agree with you about the Denver analogy. That seems a solid guess to me. Agree also that we are likely to see turnovers go up a bit. But maybe passing game production too. I'm a bit more hopeful about McCarron than most on here seem to be.

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

This is the same Rodak who, after our preseason moves, said the Bills' season was over before it started...and then we made the playoffs.  You'll forgive me if I don't take the guy seriously.  He hates the Bills, paints as much in a negative light as he can, and is just hoping and praying the team crashes and burns.  The Bills made him look like an absolute fool last year, I'm sure he'd love nothing more then to see them fail this season.  Don't believe me?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/28518/bills-set-up-tyrod-taylor-to-fail-blow-up-2017-season-with-shocking-trades

A bad prediction doesn't destroy credibility. If it did, nobody would have any. We all make bad predictions reasonably often, being human and all. It certainly was a bad prediction, though.

Edited by Thurman#1