John Ledyard on with Schopp & Sal today

17 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Ledyard is very good...His Locked On NFL Draft Podcast is my favorite of all the Draft Podcasts...I try to listen to every one during Draft season...

He's really sharp...I've heard him talk a lot about the Buffalo market...He's been on WGR a ton this off season, and he found out quick Bills fans will come at him if he's less than prepared ( I think it had to do with Groy)...:lol: 

He's crazy prepared though usually...He was born to do what he's doing for sure...B-)

3rd round grade on a player that was under serious consideration at #1 and ultimately went #7.

Oh yeah, he's a natural!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Never heard of this one in a million anointed draft experts. Looked him up, not much history, not much of a bio, not much experience in pro football. Just another guy with a computer, time on his hands, and the outlet that is social media. He's basically taking the "counter take" approach to get notice but that only works for so long, eventually you're hot garbage has to be turned into gold and right now, what makes this guy worthy of any credibility? Honest question. Where has he worked? Who was he trained by? How long has he been at it? His bio on NDT says he's "been writing for several years now" which in marketing speak means "Hey this jagoff doesn't have enough experience and credibility so let's not give the number of years' experience he has."

That Cardale Jones assessment was hilarious. Guy was garbage. 

35 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

This is my whole entire stance with Allen, I pray to God that I'm wrong. I would love to be wrong... for the Bills front office, pray that I'm wrong on Allen

I hear you. I'm anxious to order a bunch of condiments so I can eat me some Crow next year.

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ledyard didn't suddenly formulate his opinion on Allen after the Bills drafted him.  His critiques are legitimate and backed up by Orlovsky and others even if those who want ensconce Allen in a safe place don't want to admit he needs work in the very areas that Ledyard speaks of.   

Ledyard's a nobody, btw so is Orlovsky! LOL I saw the Orlovsky interview on the WGR website and I seriously have very little recollection of the guy other than he was a backup for a couple of years in the NFL. I don't even know what teams he played for. Did Orvlosky ever start an NFL game?

Do you really hold these nobodies viewpoints in a higher regard  than that of Phil Simms or Boomer Esiason? ..or even Beane or McDermott for that matter? C'mon now, let's be real. I wouldn't trust Ledyard or Orvlovsky as far as I could throw them. I'll take Beane's, McDermott's, Simms' and Esiason's opinion's on Josh Allen thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Ledyard's a nobody, btw so is Orlovsky! LOL I saw the Orlovsky interview on the WGR website and I seriously have very little recollection of the guy other than he was a backup for a couple of years in the NFL. I don't even know what teams he played for. Did Orvlosky ever start an NFL game?

Do you really hold these nobodies viewpoints in a higher regard  than that of Phil Simms or Boomer Esiason? ..or even Beane or McDermott for that matter? C'mon now, let's be real. I wouldn't trust Ledyard or Orvlovsky as far as I could throw them. I'll take Beane's, McDermott's, Simms' and Esiason's opinion's on Josh Allen thank you.

You go right ahead if that makes you feel good as it apparently does.  The only thing that matters is the results on the field in the long run. 

2 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

About a dozen, IIRC.  About half a season for Detroit.  He helped them suck (0-16) for Stafford, so that was a contribution I guess.

2 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

They may have valid points that Allen needs to change and improve, and that change may not be instant or easy or even possible.   But very few analysts had him as a 3rd round pick.  Beside Ledyard, I can think of one other, writes for one of the analytics-type organizations dammit what's his name.  .  Oh, and Gunner Bill here.  Others, even others who acknowleged flaws, had him in the 1st round IIRC.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

3rd round grade on a player that was under serious consideration at #1 and ultimately went #7.

Oh yeah, he's a natural!

He's a tough grader, especially on QB's...He had Darnold at #35 overall...So it's not just Allen...And he's not grading by where he thinks they will go...He knew both Darnold and Allen would go top 10...He's purposely not adding positional value either...

Nobody get them all right...He's the 1st to admit he's missed on some QB's in the past...Who hasn't?

And no offense but I'm quite sure he's MUCH better than you think he is...Like...100% sure...B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:
1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

This is my whole entire stance with Allen, I pray to God that I'm wrong. I would love to be wrong... for the Bills front office, pray that I'm wrong on Allen

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

I hear you. I'm anxious to order a bunch of condiments so I can eat me some Crow next year.

Man,you guys make sure you cover all the bases!

Edited by Buffaloflash
Correction

No one knows anything until we all do. But boy oh boy I'm hoping.....

5 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

I think there is a good chance we got the best offensive and defensive players in the draft.

At first I thought this seemed outrageous, but if you think about it, its probably true: these two players could be awesome. Now, they may not pan out, but as far as upside is concerned Allen and Edwards are truly players in the first round that have a chance of being great, not just very good but great. Its like we had two at bats and we swung for the fences on both. We could strike out, but we have the most potential coming out of the first round of any team this year. Part of that is because we had 2 picks which multiplies the chance of this being a truly memorable first round, but also, neither pick was safe. These are all-ins. Raw talent, energy, potential. Can these coaches guide them to greatness? Time will tell. I'm worried, but holding out hope. We rolled the dice and there's a stack of chips on the line. For my peace of mind, I just think of Edmunds being our 7 and Allen being our 16th, because truth be told Edmunds seems more likely to be a homerun.

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

"My #1 (concern about Allen) was just that I thought he consistently showed on tape struggling to process what was going on. Almost like he had no plan at the line of scrimmage and simple stuff that defenses were doing to him. Whether it was a one linebacker blitz against the protection he seems surprised by it. And I just know that that is something that is really difficult to understand and take to the next level when you get to the NFL because it only becomes more detailed, more complicated, more disguised. So I think that's going to be a big hurdle for him to jump."

I didn't see this on 2017 tape and find it hard to believe that this is the case considering the reports that teams were impressed with his chalkboard explanations and recall. I wonder what Orlovsky is referring to specifically. 

Ledyard actually addresses this directly in the interview and said it was one of the most confusing things regarding Allen. He's described as being great with football IQ off the field, but on the field it didn't seem to be there. 

4 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

I mean, Edmunds was pick 16 so he was a late first....

I can't tell, are you being sarcastic here?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Oh yeah, he's a natural!

I'm starting to think you didn't listen to the interview at all, in which case, who are you to comment on his opinions?

I was left wondering how do you give a third round grade to a qb but still expect him to go in the first round. That was never fully explained, but he did say he expected Allen to go in the first round because he was a QB. Which I think somewhere in that someone holding those two conflicting positions may be able to explain it.

Still, I don't get how you can expect a guy to go in the first then give him a third round grade. If you expect it and he goes, then he deserves a first round grade. The value teams put on that position impact that. 

It's like putting a 1st round grade on an udfa punter. He could be perfect. Pin back teams every punt, put it out at the 2 every work out every punt. No one is drafting a punter in the 1st. So even though he'd essentially be perfect, because of the position, he could never warrant that grade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Well, his analysis for Cardale Jones was spot on:

Cardale Jones, Buffalo Bills – 4th (139)

My No. 3 quarterback in the draft with a second round grade, Jones was a great value selection by the Bills in the fourth round, and should fit their offense well. I think he’ll be given the opportunity to compete with Tyrod Taylor for the starting spot, and has the electric arm and underrated smarts to succeed earlier than many expect. I’m not sure he’s worse than Taylor, but the Bills may ultimately feel more comfortable with the incumbent – for now.

Year One Impact: Will push for starting spot

For more interesting analysis -

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/05/23/2016-nfl-draft-review-quarterbacks/

Yep, pretty funny to review the "expert" in hind-sight: on Carson Wentz: "slow to read the field" [sound familiar] Eagles gave up to much for him [sound familiar], Paxton Lynch and Cardale Jones both higher-rated prospects. Time will tell, but I'd take McBean's opinions over Ledyards.

9 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Ledyard is a SOLID analyst. His job isn’t to reassure you on your teams draft pick; it’s to give his honest opinion. It was all professional criticism.  

A guy who said Cardale was a value pick and would compete with TT for the starting gig...Real Solid.

21 minutes ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

Yep, pretty funny to review the "expert" in hind-sight: on Carson Wentz: "slow to read the field" [sound familiar] Eagles gave up to much for him [sound familiar], Paxton Lynch and Cardale Jones both higher-rated prospects. Time will tell, but I'd take McBean's opinions over Ledyards.

Right about now I would take pretty well anyone's opinion over this jackass ;)

Who the $#%@ is John Ledyard?  Oh yeah, another guy sitting at a computer in his mother's basement "evaluating" college players.

3rd round grade?  You guys are suckers listening to this crap.

John Ledyard Bio...you decide.

Jon Ledyard has been writing about the NFL draft for several years now, and is thrilled to be bringing creative content and unique analysis to NDT Scouting. He lives with his wife Brittany and four-month old daughter Caylee in mid-western Pennsylvania. Jon is also the host of the Locked on NFL Draft and Breaking the Plane podcasts, while covering the Steelers for scout.com. The Office, LOST, weightlifting, ultimate frisbee, grilling, Duke basketball, and all Pittsburgh pro sports teams are his greatest passions.

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Horseradish. 

Fadingpain made the statement " Many, if not most, "expert draft analysts" had him as a 3rd round type project. "

If he knows that, he should already have the information and be able to "stand and deliver": who are these "many expert draft analysts" who proclaimed Allen a 3rd round type project?   Otherwise it's just blowing smoke. 

As a general principle of argument, if you make a sweeping, inclusive statement, be prepared to back it up when asked, not instruct everyone else to do your research project for you.

I totally disagree...only because he's made a statement that most of us know. It's not blowing smoke... besides Kiper, Mayock, Chris Simms, & DJ... everyone said this dude is a project, but given the position he's going in the top 10. Bucky Brooks, Charles Davis, Heck Sal, Jeremy White, Nate Geary, & Donald Jones from WGR said numerous occasions have either stated or had guests on the air saying Don't Draft this guy with a 1st rd pick. 

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Ledyard actually addresses this directly in the interview and said it was one of the most confusing things regarding Allen. He's described as being great with football IQ off the field, but on the field it didn't seem to be there. 

I think Orlovsky watched one game of Allen, which was possibly his worst game: vs. Oregon. He uses an example of one single play of Allen missing a RB checkdown on a blitz as his narrative that Allen doesn't have it upstairs. Pretty silly.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I think Orlovsky watched one game of Allen, which was possibly his worst game: vs. Oregon. He uses an example of one single play of Allen missing a RB checkdown on a blitz as his narrative that Allen doesn't have it upstairs. Pretty silly.

Well I've watched 6 games of Allen... & I literally text Jeremy & told him to stop sending me game times & the channel of Josh Allen... those games were wasting my life! 

Edited by Scorp83

8 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

What happened to you brah?  You've become such a Luddite, and you seem proud of it - "I never 'erd of 'em, he sucks!"  

Just because you're out of the loop doesn't mean these guys don't know what they're talking about.

• Like (+1) 1