Blake Bortles - catcher of bad guys

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

Anyone else catch this? 

"When police asked where he lived, his address turned out to be a multimillion-dollar home on the Intracoastal Waterway, not far from the party.  Neighbors confirmed that he lived there with his parents.  Horton was arrested and booked for burglary, grand theft, and trespassing. "

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Preston Brown.....and everyone else on defense.

I will always blame him and Ramon Humber. The secondary guys are all covering receivers deep and the lineman are trying to get a sack. When he's breaking the pocket the linebackers need to make sure those runs are 7 yard runs, not 30 or 40 yard runs. I will always blame our slow linebacker and our gun shy quarterback for that loss. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I will always blame him and Ramon Humber. The secondary guys are all covering receivers deep and the lineman are trying to get a sack. When he's breaking the pocket the linebackers need to make sure those runs are 7 yard runs, not 30 or 40 yard runs. I will always blame our slow linebacker and our gun shy quarterback for that loss. 

Not to defend Brown too much but Bortles was a running QB in college, he's capable of breaking contain and making things happen with his legs.  

If I wanted to lay blame for that loss on one side of the ball....I mean 3 points in a playoff game?? pathetic

lol, what an awesome story.

i agree w the above.  preston brown was a skilled LB, but his slow slow speed was a huge problem and helped cost us a potential playoff road win vs the jags.  if you watch the jag lbs vs ours, (in the gut mostly) it was night and day wrt speed.  I think our new rook is gonna look like the predator out there, a big long body covering ground quickly and snatching people up.  also making trophies out of player's skulls and spines, going into active camouflage, the usual.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyone else catch this? 

"When police asked where he lived, his address turned out to be a multimillion-dollar home on the Intracoastal Waterway, not far from the party.  Neighbors confirmed that he lived there with his parents.  Horton was arrested and booked for burglary, grand theft, and trespassing. "

Affluenza, here we come.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyone else catch this? 

I dont get it, why in the world did he enter the party?  Had he just walked away with Bortles wallet he probably would have never been caught

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

The entire front 7 couldn't contain him. 

He outran ran a number of our guys. Just about everyone of our LBs and defensive lineman. I said after that game man we need to get faster on defense. 

Bortles has some wheels, but some of those runs were ridiculously frustrating and shouldn't have happened.

The line did do a terrible job of containing the pocket, but once he breaks the pocket, it is the job of the next level of defense to go ahead and stop him before the sticks. The DL did a bad job, but Bortles running for 30 yards instead of 7 is specifically on Brown and Humber imo. 

But like you said, regardless those runs should not have happened. With a new MIKE running 4.5, I doubt that happens to us again. 

2 hours ago, colin said:

lol, what an awesome story.

i agree w the above.  preston brown was a skilled LB, but his slow slow speed was a huge problem and helped cost us a potential playoff road win vs the jags.  if you watch the jag lbs vs ours, (in the gut mostly) it was night and day wrt speed.  I think our new rook is gonna look like the predator out there, a big long body covering ground quickly and snatching people up.  also making trophies out of player's skulls and spines, going into active camouflage, the usual.

Good analogy.  Skulls and spines baby.

I admit I still have trouble with putting any blame on our defense that day, going on the road in a playoff game and holding Fournette and some good receivers to embarrassingly low yardage and point totals.   I mean geez we can't score 11 points for the win?

Jags defense is overrated.  Niners and Steelers shredded em for 40+ at the end of the season.  They rank in the bottom half of the league in stopping the run, Fournette's a beast but never even broke the 4 ypc mark last year and barely broke 1000 yards.  Lost some good receivers too.  If you want a solid bet, take em for for the season under 9.5 wins (they had ten last year). If Calais Campbell gets hurt they're even more screwed, and he's getting to be an old timer.   Hackett/Bortles/Dareus = 7 wins this year.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyone else catch this? 

If we assume addiciton then it don't matter where you come from.. Parents might of cut off his money supply, a junkie is going to do whatever it takes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Not to defend Brown too much but Bortles was a running QB in college, he's capable of breaking contain and making things happen with his legs.  

If I wanted to lay blame for that loss on one side of the ball....I mean 3 points in a playoff game?? pathetic

Completely agree.  You aren't going to win games scoring 3 points.  However, you should win when holding an opponent to 10 points.

Blaming the defense is misguided.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Completely agree.  You aren't going to win games scoring 3 points.  However, you should win when holding an opponent to 10 points.

Blaming the defense is misguided.

But i do wholeheartedly support upgrading the MLB position.  I liked Brown, and If we had kept him I think he would have been useful but Edmunds should do better at that position in everything, run, pass, shedding blockers.   Edmunds is an all around upgrade.   

Bortles has always been a threat to run to any team folks. Look up his college and pro stats. 

It's like people calling teddy Bridgewater a running quarterback. Now if he gashes us on the run I'll be furious. 

I'm mad we can never contain bortles but stop saying he's not good at it

5 hours ago, stuvian said:

Good for Bortles saving his wallet and truck.

Next time try harder to stop duplicating your below avg QB skills into life actions. IE: lock the dam truck and take the keys with you. This all could have been avoided.

• Like (+1) 1

I wanted to like this story more then I do. Still I give credit Bortles for spotting it, but the other guy made himself as obvious as possible. I think the story becomes about how stupid the thief was. 

Edited by Lfod

33 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Good for Bortles saving his wallet and truck.

Next time try harder to stop duplicating your below avg QB skills into life actions. IE: lock the dam truck and take the keys with you. This all could have been avoided.

True, not very bright of Bortles whatsoever. He must think he’s the only guy in the world who’d take money he hasn’t earned. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Haha (+1) 2