Saints lose Ingram 4 games due to PED

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23443719/mark-ingram-new-orleans-saints-suspended-four-games

New Orleans Saints running back Mark Ingram has been suspended for the first four games of the 2018 season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances, the NFL announced Tuesday.

In related news 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23434952/new-orleans-saints-release-coby-fleener

The New Orleans Saints have released tight end Coby Fleener just two years into his five-year, $36 million contract.

Fleener's departure isn't a big surprise, considering he caught only 22 passes for 295 yards and two touchdowns in 11 games last year before finishing the season on injured reserve with a concussion.

AK can be a big time back, no doubt about it, but a full time feature back? I dont think it can be understated how well they played off each other last year.

That aside, curious to see if they try and make a trade for a similar style RB.

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

AK can be a big time back, no doubt about it, but a full time feature back? I dont think it can be understated how well they played off each other last year.

That aside, curious to see if they try and make a trade for a similar style RB.

...like a newer version of Thunder & Lightning......long time coming for Saints.......

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jonathan Williams may get a opportunity after all - Saints signed him to their their 53 of of Denver’s PS last year 

if he plays well, he (or Ingram) could be trade bait before the deadline for the Saints 

His cut never made sense to me.  I hope he doesn’t show anything because it could be another stroke against their offensive player evaluation.

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Kind of obvious when a back starts blossoming in his 6th year, all of a sudden.

Year 3 was short on carries but about 5 YPC and year 4 was just shy of 1000 yards with 9 tds.

hes really come into his own but the saints system can be a tough one for backs to maximize their potential in