Crazy Things You've Seen

Gugny

46 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Speaking about housefly's.   I saw a gun for sale that shoots salt.  It is supposed to be used for shooting flying insects.   I have never heard of anything like that before.

Is it this?

Load it with kosher salt and it can double on Passover for cleaning.

I was driving the other day and passed a few signs on the road for some kind of sale involving a children group or a children product.  But I couldn't quite figure out what they were selling or advertising because the color of the second line of the sign kind of blended in with the glare of the Sun.  So all I got out of the sign was

Children

Something glared out

Sale

4 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

That appears to be it.  Here is the Link to the item when it was not on sale.   It was on sale at Fry's for $25.   Seems to make a mess if you actually use it on fly's.

https://www.frys.com/product/9248269?nearbyStoreName=false&site=sunlanding050618

The mess... Why I posted the salt video... Sprinkle salt around your kitchen keeps it clean of pest.  Isn't it part of Jewish ritual too?

Coffee supposedly keeps bugs away too.  Sprinkle that in cabinets.

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I hope you were smarter than the family in the below link. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2018/05/11/cheetah-encounter-family-safari-park-sot.hln

"I didn't think cheetahs were family eaters"

Are they feeding then well enough @Safari Park?

Maybe they read Quora? :lol:

It says so on Internet!

"The answer is very easy, NO. They are relatively docile, skittish cats, who are not built for fighting. Anyone who says otherwise either has never worked with cheetahs, or has no basic knowledge of them whatsoever. Cheetahs will run away from a human 99% of the time. Maybe if there is a mother with cubs, she will put up a little fight, but the myth that a cheetah is strong enough to take down an adult man is just ridiculous. I have spent many hours working with cheetahs, and if you are an adult man (and probably even the average adult woman), you can defiantly defend yourself against a cheetah. They arent as agile as leopards and lions, not nearly as powerful, dont have as sharp claws, and have much smaller mouths with a much weaker bite force. They are not built for power. The only way a cheetah could kill a man would be if he let it grasp hold of his neck, and didnt punch or kick it. It would have to be voluntary suffocation. A cheetah just simply isnt physically capable of holding down and killing a grown man."

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The mess... Why I posted the salt video... Sprinkle salt around your kitchen keeps it clean of pest.  Isn't it part of Jewish ritual too?

Coffee supposedly keeps bugs away too.  Sprinkle that in cabinets.

"I didn't think cheetahs were family eaters"

Are they feeding then well enough @Safari Park?

Maybe they read Quora? :lol:

It says so on Internet!

"The answer is very easy, NO. They are relatively docile, skittish cats, who are not built for fighting. Anyone who says otherwise either has never worked with cheetahs, or has no basic knowledge of them whatsoever. Cheetahs will run away from a human 99% of the time. Maybe if there is a mother with cubs, she will put up a little fight, but the myth that a cheetah is strong enough to take down an adult man is just ridiculous. I have spent many hours working with cheetahs, and if you are an adult man (and probably even the average adult woman), you can defiantly defend yourself against a cheetah. They arent as agile as leopards and lions, not nearly as powerful, dont have as sharp claws, and have much smaller mouths with a much weaker bite force. They are not built for power. The only way a cheetah could kill a man would be if he let it grasp hold of his neck, and didnt punch or kick it. It would have to be voluntary suffocation. A cheetah just simply isnt physically capable of holding down and killing a grown man."

If it's on the internet it's got to be true. The problem is that the wild animals can't read so they can't follow the basic rules of the animal kingdom. :)

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/12/2018 at 12:44 PM, /dev/null said:

So all I got out of the sign was

Children

Something glared out

Sale

Many years ago, I delivered new furniture for a living.  At a subdivision in Niagara County, the assistant driver and I soon came to the conclusion the traditional 'Caution...Children' sign was meant for the benefit of the drivers.  Closest thing I've seen to Dick Turpin and highwaymen of England's olden times.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

On 5/7/2018 at 8:55 AM, Gugny said:

This morning, on I-787S near Albany, NY, I saw a groundhog sitting atop a chain link fence.

I am 100% certain it was a groundhog.  Who knew those little bastards could climb fences???

I $hit you not, out my office window I just watched a groundhog climb about 3 or 4 feet up into a tree. 
They're up to something I tell ya.

2 hours ago, theesir said:

I $hit you not, out my office window I just watched a groundhog climb about 3 or 4 feet up into a tree. 
They're up to something I tell ya.

Years ago I was walking a bush-hogged path close to my tree stand.  There's a 4 inch diameter tree with a horizontal bough crossing the path 7 feet high and clear as day is this stupid ground hog frozen on point hoping I wouldn't notice him.  Walked right up and he never flinched.  Soooo tempting to put an arrow in to that useless creature but it was close to my stand and I didn't want to disturb any deer.   It would have looked something like the rabbit scene in "upper-class twit of the year!"  :lol:

4 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Years ago I was walking a bush-hogged path close to my tree stand.  There's a 4 inch diameter tree with a horizontal bough crossing the path 7 feet high and clear as day is this stupid ground hog frozen on point hoping I wouldn't notice him.  Walked right up and he never flinched.  Soooo tempting to put an arrow in to that useless creature but it was close to my stand and I didn't want to disturb any deer.   It would have looked something like the rabbit scene in "upper-class twit of the year!"  :lol:

We saw a coyote chasing a squirrel in our back yard. The squirrel ran onto the deck, climbed up the railing, and ran across. The coyote, from ground level, jumped about 4 feet in the air, nabbed the squirrel by the tail, and devoured him in the back yard. (I think it was a sick coyote,  since it happened in broad daylight and it was alone. (Coyotes are nocturnal pack animals.)

Our cat, who normally preferred to be outside, had just come in to eat. He was at the door wanting to go back out when the whole thing went down. He watched with the most frightened look I've ever seen on his face. He hid behind the couch and didn't ask to go outside for the rest of the day.

Just before Easter a church near my in laws house has a live action crucifixion reanactment using children on the crosses. 

They do this in front of the church basically on the side of the road, and the kids take turns on the crosses. Not sure how long they are there but it's not a minute or two.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:48 PM, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I’ve seen a whale in a tree. I was tripping on acid, but it was definitely there. 

You too? Cool. Thought it was just me 

• Haha (+1) 1

Seen two guys breaking into a car in the middle of the afternoon at a shopping center parking lot. They saw me but just didn't care. Smash and grab for whatever someone left on the front seat of their car. 

Years ago, just before moving from our apartment, I went up the stairs into the attic to get some things I had stored up there. I got up near the top of the stairs and stopped dead in my tracks, stared for a few seconds and quickly backed down the stairs, shut and locked the door.

What was at the top of the stairs was 3 dead pigeons in a row, all headless. I thought Ozzy was living in the attic.

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Years ago, just before moving from our apartment, I went up the stairs into the attic to get some things I had stored up there. I got up near the top of the stairs and stopped dead in my tracks, stared for a few seconds and quickly backed down the stairs, shut and locked the door.

What was at the top of the stairs was 3 dead pigeons in a row, all headless. I thought Ozzy was living in the attic.

Did you ever get your things?

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Did you ever get your things?

Yeah a buddy came over with his gun and we went up there. He thought it was either a raccoon or Ozzy.

The way the corpses were laid out was just plain weird. Equal distance apart right across the top stair. Outside of being headless it didn't seem like a feather was out of place.

5 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Yeah a buddy came over with his gun and we went up there. He thought it was either a raccoon or Ozzy.

The way the corpses were laid out was just plain weird. Equal distance apart right across the top stair. Outside of being headless it didn't seem like a feather was out of place.

A racoon would have eaten them, and Ozzy would've been more disorganized. Obviously, this was a Pigeon Mafia hit.

• Haha (+1) 1