Apologies to Doug Marrone as we learn more about the environment

JoeF

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I was never invited either.  I just knew of this board for years but never joined cuz I was a BBMB lifer....well that life ended.

I don't remember a notification they were ending it, i just clicked on the link one morning and it was gone.   found Buffalo Rumblings, it's meh.   Reddit is a little more toxic and full of teenagers.  Hopefully i'll blend right in here arguing with Wayne Arnold again.   

Say what you want about Marrone, but the Jags are the new Juggernaut in the AFC.  Watch out for their Defense ... and it just got a lot better after this recent draft.  Sure Coughlin has a say in personnel and the overall vision but Marrone (and Hackett) get credit too.  I think he would have turned things around in Buffalo ... who knows WTF happened internally between he and Pegula's.

Anyway, I have faith in Beane and McDerrmott and am glad they are here.

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

I don't remember a notification they were ending it, i just clicked on the link one morning and it was gone.   found Buffalo Rumblings, it's meh.   Reddit is a little more toxic and full of teenagers.  Hopefully i'll blend right in here arguing with Wayne Arnold again.   

Same here.  I just remember the site wouldn't load....just kept spinning.  I figured it was just down for a few hours but then realized it's done.  I think Chris Brown had a blog on Buffalo Bills.com that said message board was done.  

We didn't even get to say goodbye. #frowning

Same here.  I just remember the site wouldn't load....just kept spinning.  I figured it was just down for a few hours but then realized it's done.  I think Chris Brown had a blog on Buffalo Bills.com that said message board was done.  

We didn't even get to say goodbye. #frowning

We'll have a reunion party over here eventually.   

4 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Say what you want about Marrone, but the Jags are the new Juggernaut in the AFC.  Watch out for their Defense ... and it just got a lot better after this recent draft.  Sure Coughlin has a say in personnel and the overall vision but Marrone (and Hackett) get credit too.  I think he would have turned things around in Buffalo ... who knows WTF happened internally between he and Pegula's.

Anyway, I have faith in Beane and McDerrmott and am glad they are here.

The Bills were kind of emerging at that point with a very formidable defense.

Marrone wanted to Pegula to wipe out the Brandon/Whaley aside, modernize the organization a bit, and bring in Polian in the Coughlin role.  He said either them or me, and the Pegulas chose to go with 2 years or Rex, the Whaley embarassment, and 3 more years with the serial adulterer who was way past his 9 lives here.

He wasn't wrong.  Im not sure how I feel about giving Marrone 'McDermott' power over the team (McDermott just seems so well put together), but Jax looks good and Marrone has a pretty decent track record as HC so far.

We've had one....you're just late.  Do you like to make a grand entrance or something?  Do you think you're Elizabeth Taylor?

I was thinking more along the lines of Andre the Giant riding the golf cart down to the ring in Wrestlemania 3 to battle Hulk Hogan.  

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I wanted Whaley to promote Schwartz to head coach after Marrone left despite his up and down head coaching stint with the Lions.  Converting a defense that thrived in the 4-3 to a 3-4 never made any fricken sense to me.  

I don't think Doug had a choice.  Rex Ryan was thrust on him by the Pegulas who were blown away by Rex's interview!!!

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stop it. Marrone sucks and thinks he’s a God.  I can’t wait for the Jags to regress this year and everyone turns on him. 

Their mistake was not trying to improve the QB position.   Bortles will not take them farther than they went last year.   

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Their D carried them.  Just like they did here.  He is an “offensive” coach who has sucky offenses and good to great Ds.

He's a head coach who has had nothing but horrible quarterbacks.

• Like (+1) 1

Apologies to Whaley are due as well.

Our GM had the President sandbagging him, leaking to the media, and playing the HC and GM off of each other so he could look better and stay safe.

The culture in that office with Brandon around was toxic. I witnessed and felt it first hand in my dealings with the Bills from 2014-2016.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HT02 said:

I don't get why it was a dick move.  If Pegula had decided to fire him would that have been a dick move?  The guy specifically asked for and received a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave if the team was sold.  He assessed the situation and decided that it wasn't a good situation for him and used that clause to leave the team. 

If a player has an opt-out in his contract and he uses it because he thinks there is more money for him on the free agent market is that a dick move?

All the clauses in the world don't change the fact that he quit.

He quit because he wanted assurances that he wouldn't be fired (unheard of) after Orton retired (plus a big extension). He knew he couldn't field a winner and his massive ego would rather screw us over and quit so he couldn't be fired.

He put his ego in front of his self described "dream job", for the second time after vacating his other "dream job" in cuse.

Dick move. He does not get a pass for setting us back 3 years.