My Buffalo Bills Draft Grades

Round 1 Pick 7- QB Josh Allen (A)

Josh Allen is a classic boom or bust prospect but I wouldn’t be quick to count him out. He compares favorably to a guy like Cam Newton and makes throws few if any QBs can make... the Bills IDd their guy and made a move... Sitting behind McCarron and truly winning the job can do wonders for the kid

Round 1 Pick 16- MLB  Tremaine Edmunds (A+)

Edmunds can turn out to be the defensive steal of The draft. The big, rangy, fast Linebacker doesn’t compare to many linebackers. With his height, weight, speed, athleticism combo he is in a league of his own. A top top talent who has a huge ceiling 

Round 3- DT Harrison Phillips (A+)

A great value pick in round 3,Phillips gives you starter potential and the ability to learn from one of the best in the business over his career. Great at 0 tech and 1 tech and still a good pass rusher  (Kyle Williams)

Round 4-CB Taron Johnson (B+)

Snaeaky pick out of Weber State who was the big sky defensive player of the year. Projects well as a starting nickel corner

Round 5- DB Siran Neal (B)

A physical defensive back who is a Swiss Army knife. You can plug him at LB in a big dime package or he can play SS or even slot. Will play ST.. Very versatile 

Round 5- OG Wyatt Teller (A+)

The best Hokie lineman in a long long time is now a Buffalo Bill. The value in round 5 is off th charts for a guy who projects to be a starting guard in his career. 

Round 6- KR/PR/WR Ray Ray McCloud (B)

In the later round you might as well take shots at talented kids and Ray Ray has talent. Tracks the ball wall and has made some nice plays. Elusive punt returner 

Round 7- WR Austin Proehl (B+)

A fiesty reciever who never got to have the SR season he should have. He is a natural hands catcher who runs crisp routes with deceptive speed. Has worked outside and inside but projects as a slot and 5th option .not a bad 7th round pick 

Overall (A)

Day by day this class is growing on me and I can’t wait for the season. We drafted a bunch of hard working,talented young men and they all seem like great kids

In a span of 1 week. 1 week. We hopefully have the franchise QB of the future, the Sabres  received the right to select Dahlin, and Snake Oil Russ Brandon is out!

I really feel like the whole draft has a chance to make the squad or PS... nothing wrong with some development 

God is Good

Billieve 2018

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was happy with it as well. I wasn’t on board with the Allen pick initially, but I went back and watched more of his games and I am really happy with it. The Bills definitely took more risks than I would have. But you have to take risks to be great and I think we will be.

This draft will define the AFCE for a long time. The Pats have 1 or 2 years left, then it is going to be Darnold vs Allen for the next 15 years. I’m looking forward to a Bills Jets rivalry to decide the East.

Ray Ray is an UDFA level talent that will be a PS designee.  Probably could have had both DBs a round later. I would have drafted an OLB in round 4.  The Teller pick is probably more boom or bust than Allen.  According to all I read he was a bottom of the first round talent in 2016 and was not good in 2017.  Could be a huge steal and hell he might start game 1.  

3 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Ray Ray is an UDFA level talent that will be a PS designee.  Probably could have had both DBs a round later. I would have drafted an OLB in round 4.  The Teller pick is probably more boom or bust than Allen.  According to all I read he was a bottom of the first round talent in 2016 and was not good in 2017.  Could be a huge steal and hell he might start game 1.  

Teller wasn’t bad last year . It’s just he didn’t play to his previous level

Ray Ray is a 6th round pick. That’s super late. He could end up being our PR/KR and gadget guy. That’s not horrible. I think he makes the team

Edited by Buffalo716

18 minutes ago, Mr_Robotulism said:

About the only thing I agree with is God is good.

Nobody knows how any of this will shake out but I do Billieve, AJ McCarron better be our future or we are set back another 5 years. 

You Billieve and then say that AJ mccarron better be our future?  Haha

57 minutes ago, Mr_Robotulism said:

Nobody knows how any of this will shake out but I do Billieve, AJ McCarron better be our future or we are set back another 5 years. 

If AJ is our future then we are automatically set back 5 years.

7 minutes ago, Jeetz1231 said:

If AJ is our future then we are automatically set back 5 years.

Great draft.  Love all the picks except McCloud, as I don't see the value in where he was selected, but can return punts and could be jack of all trade kinda guy.  I also would have preferred another linebacker at that point.

Overall I like the make-up of the team, watched a lot of film on Allen and have grown more impressed with each video I watch.

Would like the Bills to possibly consider giving Navarro Bowman a call to add experience to the LB corp.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Round 1 Pick 7- QB Josh Allen (A)

Josh Allen is a classic boom or bust prospect but I wouldn’t be quick to count him out. He compares favorably to a guy like Cam Newton and makes throws few if any QBs can make... the Bills IDd their guy and made a move... Sitting behind McCarron and truly winning the job can do wonders for the kid

Round 1 Pick 16- MLB  Tremaine Edmunds (A+)

Edmunds can turn out to be the defensive steal of The draft. The big, rangy, fast Linebacker doesn’t compare to many linebackers. With his height, weight, speed, athleticism combo he is in a league of his own. A top top talent who has a huge ceiling 

Round 3- DT Harrison Phillips (A+)

A great value pick in round 3,Phillips gives you starter potential and the ability to learn from one of the best in the business over his career. Great at 0 tech and 1 tech and still a good pass rusher  (Kyle Williams)

Round 4-CB Taron Johnson (B+)

Snaeaky pick out of Weber State who was the big sky defensive player of the year. Projects well as a starting nickel corner

Round 5- DB Siran Neal (B)

A physical defensive back who is a Swiss Army knife. You can plug him at LB in a big dime package or he can play SS or even slot. Will play ST.. Very versatile 

Round 5- OG Wyatt Teller (A+)

The best Hokie lineman in a long long time is now a Buffalo Bill. The value in round 5 is off th charts for a guy who projects to be a starting guard in his career. 

Round 6- KR/PR/WR Ray Ray McCloud (B)

In the later round you might as well take shots at talented kids and Ray Ray has talent. Tracks the ball wall and has made some nice plays. Elusive punt returner 

Round 7- WR Austin Proehl (B+)

A fiesty reciever who never got to have the SR season he should have. He is a natural hands catcher who runs crisp routes with deceptive speed. Has worked outside and inside but projects as a slot and 5th option .not a bad 7th round pick 

Overall (A)

Day by day this class is growing on me and I can’t wait for the season. We drafted a bunch of hard working,talented young men and they all seem like great kids

In a span of 1 week. 1 week. We hopefully have the franchise QB of the future, the Sabres  received the right to select Dahlin, and Snake Oil Russ Brandon is out!

I really feel like the whole draft has a chance to make the squad or PS... nothing wrong with some development 

God is Good

Billieve 2018

Holy pillow-talk, Batman, I want to pour this post all over my f*%$ing pancakes in the morning!  -Do you have any other children's stories in the works? :)

8 hours ago, Mr_Robotulism said:

FWIW, he's not one to blow his horn but Buffalo716 is one of the guys on here who has

1) played the game

2) coached

3) actually has had NFL scouting jobs, has real gouge on some prospects, and has watched a buttload of film on others

So if he likes the draft, it means more to me than if most of the rest of us do or don't

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

Holy pillow-talk, Batman, I want to pour this post all over my f*%$ing pancakes in the morning!  -Do you have any other children's stories in the works? :)

See above

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I would have had a 8.7 GPA if you were my professor. 

You sure you put that decimal in the right place?

716, Excellent recap of the draft and value picks. You are kind and generous. You would be the kind of teacher whose class everyone would want to get into because of your generosity in grading. Where I disagree with you is the "boom or bust" categorizing of Allen. It's easy to see where there is the potential for big upside. But even if he doesn't attain that potential that doesn't mean that he won't be a credible starting qb in this league. He has shown improvement in some aspects of his game related to mechanics. And it is widely reported that he has the work ethic to work on his deficiencies. I just see that the floor for him is higher than what many others are projecting.

In my mind he is not going to be a precision and rhythm passer in a west coast offense like Rosen will be. But I do see him fitting in very well in a system that emphasizes downfield and play action passing. I don't want to get carried away but I envision a Roethlisberger style of play that is the most suitable for him. 

• Like (+1) 1