Vegas Over/Under 2018 Win Totals - Bills at 6.5

Will the Bills Beat the Vegas 6.5 Games Win Total in 2018?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Over or Under 6.5 Wins for the Bills this Season

3 minutes ago, Zac said:

That's a tough line.  Vegas is good.  

1. I expect our offense to be worse

2. I expect our defense to be significantly improved.

3. I expect us to be less lucky with FGs, penalties, and TOs.

I think we will go 7-9 but could easily see 6-10 or 8-8/  

Rick Dennison being there was a major factor for their offence being bad in my opinion, and even though I think their offence won’t be good next year, I just don’t think they can be as atrocious as last year. (Even though they did lose some good o lineman)

• Like (+1) 1

It was 6.5 last year as well.  The defense overachieved with turnovers last year, no doubt.  I would also argue though that the offense underachieved.  When the chips were on the line and they needed Tyrod to move the ball down the field, he couldn't.  That's all I keep coming back to.  I think whether you're talking about McCarron playing the whole year or part of a year that the offense has to improve.  I don't know how you do worse than 200 YPG passing.  That's just pathetic.

8 minutes ago, Zac said:

That's a tough line.  Vegas is good.  

1. I expect our offense to be worse

2. I expect our defense to be significantly improved.

3. I expect us to be less lucky with FGs, penalties, and TOs.

I think we will go 7-9 but could easily see 6-10 or 8-8/  

How much worse could the offense get than in 2017 though? They were 22nd in points, 29th in yards and 28th in yards/play, 28th in net yards per pass attempt, 17th in yards per rush. I think it's more likely they improve on offense. Defensively they were below average, especially against the run, and with the addition of a MLB I think they should improve there as well. I don't see the Bills as a candidate for regression.

• Like (+1) 1

Remember.. Vegas lines are not expert predictors. The line is designed to get equal number of bettors on each side, so the bookie makes money off transaction cost.

As such, a Vegas line reflects the popular opinion of NFL fans nationwide, not necessarily careful analysis by experts.

That's why during the season, how a team does "against the spread" is critical metric. As an unpopular team, the Bills typically do well against the spread.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It was 6.5 last year, too. ?

Was that last year, or this decade? 

I voted over, but barely, and mostly because I’m in a good mood. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm going over and being optimistic.  I think QB play is bound to improve even if we have a few turnovers.  I believe McDermott's defense gets better and still is able to get fortuitous TO's to turn a few games our way.  I don't see any blowouts this year.  The Pats are getting worse and neither the Dolphins or Jets have improved that much.  For some reason, the Bills always seem to do better against the NFC North even though the division looks tough on its face.  All of that adds up to another run at the playoffs and with home games in December, don't count us out.  Its a new year!

32 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Rick Dennison being there was a major factor for their offence being bad in my opinion, and even though I think their offence won’t be good next year, I just don’t think they can be as atrocious as last year. (Even though they did lose some good o lineman)

Unfortunately the OL coach/Run game coordinator is still here.  I think he was as responsible for it as Dennison.

The good news is Dennison is coaching for a AFCE rival.

Truthfully I bet the over because in my head I think the defense has a enough talent to be top10ish in the league so they are in every game they play. I don't think they will be better then 7 or 8 wins but in my head that's where I have them. The Jets and Dolphins both will be pretty bad especially with NY breaking in a rookie so if the Bills even go 2-2 vs them I think I can find 5 more wins.

In my heart I am more with @Kirby Jackson and think even if the defense is improved the offense is a major work in progress and the QB position will seal the fate pretty quickly for the team. Even if Allen starts and does well he will still take his lumps (I have no faith in the other two), their pass catches are shaky at best, and the O-line needs a year to solidify. Plus the schedule is a bear and starting out 0-4 is a real possibility. I don't want this to happen but I have this awful feeling we are 2-5 or 1-6 for the nightgame against NE and the season is straight up toast.

Edited by corta765

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I love the Browns over 4.5!! 

Since it’s the Browns, they’ll probably win just enough that they don’t know what to do about Hue Jackson. 

29 minutes ago, boater said:

Remember.. Vegas lines are not expert predictors. The line is designed to get equal number of bettors on each side, so the bookie makes money off transaction cost.

As such, a Vegas line reflects the popular opinion of NFL fans nationwide, not necessarily careful analysis by experts.

That's why during the season, how a team does "against the spread" is critical metric. As an unpopular team, the Bills typically do well against the spread.

That’s a bit misleading. 2017 the Bills went 10-6-1 ATS, that is the first time since 2006 that they were 10-6 ATS. In the years in between they ranged from 6-9 wins and only hit 9 wins once IIRC. 

If you bet the Bills every game for the past decade you would be a loser -the action. 

Looking at that same time period, NE and GB two of the most popular teams look to have the most success ATS on a week to week basis.

3 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

Hell, I'd take this bet at 7.5.

Are the odds better?How can I make a Bet without going to Vegas? 

Bovada. I would suggest finding a line that you see more than a single game difference. If you can get out in front of it early it’s a lot less stressful.