EXACTLY why I think Beane blew the '18 draft. -Rd. 1

#34fan

8 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:lol: NOTHING about that thread proved to be false!

Karlos was, in fact,  an effective weapon who at one point, led the league in yards per carry, He was a backup RB who poured in 9 TD's, 7 of which came from his first 6 games.

The Bills went from a .500 season with Karlos, to Sub .500 the following year... The regime that cast him off totally crashed and burned!

All that thread was about was Karlos being awesome if he stayed healthy (Which mentally, he couldn't.) and if  he stayed out of trouble, which was a concern I voiced in the thread!

People not knowing how to read, is the real problem... Some can't separate opinions from reports, or "takes" from actual facts.

You know....its interesting how Karlos gets pulled up in a Josh Rosen discussion.

Karlos - lack of committment to football

Josh Rosen - Fear of lack of committment to foot ball

31 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

There are QB desperate teams every year.  10 teams are set, 10 are OK and 12 would sell their soul to draft a franchise QB.

It just takes a few to drive up the value on mediocre prospects... Weeden, and Tanneyhill are 3rd-4th rounders without the hype and desperation created by the league's in-house propaganda machine.

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

#34fan is one of the "hates everything the Bills do" guys here.

Everything the Bills have done the past two decades has kept them from winning a single playoff game within that time... Some of these posters weren't born the last time the Bills won a playoff game... Some were toddlers when the Bills even made the playoffs the last time... Being critical feels better to me than pretending BUF has historically made good decisions that simply didn't pan out.

Edited by #34fan

I am sick of the detractors of the front office  , with their rants about what could have been. What are your credentials ? Do you have any other than you are a negative person for mast things the front office does. Maybe the picks won't  work out but the the FO has invested time, intellect , scouting by a group of people who bet their jobs on the outcome. I will bet that this FO knows what they are doing. You sir , can continue on with your negative attitude about the Bills and we will continue on hoping for success. It is more fun to be positive than negative. Try it sometime.

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Ned McFly

I think that was the whole point.....they were not taking a swing for a "good qb" they are looking for an elite one.

I was a Rosen camp too......but I would have been lying last week if I said the injuries he had in college were not bothersome.

Just gonna have to see how it plays out

Whats up hemet hows the cali traffic?

The injuries also bothered me but Allen also broke his ankle or someshit so its meh. If we got Rosen im almost positive we wouldve drafted more OL higher.  Allen gave this team a year to get itself together and add more pieces while he redshirts. I agree we should treat him like the Cheifs did Mahomes. Theyre the same prospect except Mahomes has much better accuaracy. The Mahomes vs Allen  vs Watson vs Rosen threads will populate this board for years to come. We passd on Watson and Mahomes for Allen and Tre White. Far too early to declare a trade winner.

I gotta look at it like this...

I dont like the pick. I understand it tho.

Drafting Rosen was like a free throw.  Solid chances to score 2 points.

Beane chose to shoot the 3, higher risk higher reward.

9 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

The injuries also bothered me but Allen also broke his ankle or someshit so its meh. If we got Rosen im almost positive we wouldve drafted more OL higher.  Allen gave this team a year to get itself together and add more pieces while he redshirts. I agree we should treat him like the Cheifs did Mahomes. Theyre the same prospect except Mahomes has much better accuaracy. The Mahomes vs Allen  vs Watson vs Rosen threads will populate this board for years to come. We passd on Watson and Mahomes for Allen and Tre White. Far too early to declare a trade winner.

Sorry Fearless I originally was gonna post to Ned but ended up you instead.

These are all decent takes.....Rosen was safer.....Allen represents a shot at what people are REALLY asking for....they dont want a "pretty good" qb....the bills are looking for ELITE.....

He should not play this year.

42 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:lol: NOTHING about that thread proved to be false!

Karlos was, in fact,  an effective weapon who at one point, led the league in yards per carry, He was a backup RB who poured in 9 TD's, 7 of which came from his first 6 games.

The Bills went from a .500 season with Karlos, to Sub .500 the following year... The regime that cast him off totally crashed and burned!

All that thread was about was Karlos being awesome if he stayed healthy (Which mentally, he couldn't.) and if  he stayed out of trouble, which was a concern I voiced in the thread!

People not knowing how to read, is the real problem... Some can't separate opinions from reports, or "takes" from actual facts.

:lol:  I love it.  The Bills did worse in Rex's final season because we didn't have Karlos...

15 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Good grief... if the Bills put HALF the amount of effort into playing as some people do complaining we'd have super bowl wins out the wazoo.

Ya didnt like the qb? Wrong guy? Great.

Be pissed for a day.

Hell, take 2.

At the end, if you are a fan of the team - man up and accept it.

Dont like it? Go hop on the Pat's bandwagon before it derails in a year or two.

Just dont come back when its over..

Lighten up Francis. A good soldier bitches. I hate the Allen pick as well. To me he looks like another in the long line of big arms, high ceiling, low processing project busts this franchise seems to love, Rob Johson, JP Losman, EJ...

All us Allen detractors are resigned to it and we all hope this pick won't set us back 4 years. If Allen tanks, it's over for McBeane and I would hate that. I hope for the best but I'm not pumping sunshine on this pick and if I explain why,  I don't need to have my fanhood challenged after 55 years of following this team.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

It might be more like White, Allen and Edmunds. Depends how you look at it, I guess. Either way, we'll know in 2-3 seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Lighten up Francis. A good soldier bitches. I hate the Allen pick as well. To me he looks like another in the long line of big arms, high ceiling, low processing project busts this franchise seems to love, Rob Johson, JP Losman, EJ...

All us Allen detractors are resigned to it and we all hope this pick won't set us back 4 years. If Allen tanks, it's over for McBeane and I would hate that. I hope for the best but I'm not pumping sunshine on this pick and if I explain why,  I don't need to have my fanhood challenged after 55 years of following this team.

First off, I'll say that I didn't like the pick. But there's just zero correlation between " this franchise" and picks/ trades made by other GMs years ago. This FO wasn't around. Most fans said to pay whatever to swing for the fences, as the rookie cap means it doesn't kill you. Draft another guy in a few years. It doesn't exactly mean McBeane are gone if it doesn't work out either. There's a lot of things to play out by that time that will factor into any such decision. T Pegs has frequently said he feels there has been too much churning of coaches / GMs with the Bills. He's most likely right. He even gave the inherited and underwhelming Doug Whaley a period of time before determining he had to go. Many owners would have simply cleaned house and started fresh. The cost to move up was a lot less than it could have been, 2019 picks are intact. As much as we may question the selection of Allen, it was clear they didn't want Rosen. Beane ( and likely McDermott) went with the guy they believed in most between the two QBs. They didn't wait for Arizona to pick for them. As a fan, I guess that's a good thing. No one's fanhood should be challenged if they didn't like the pick either. But it's far from a slam dunk how this will turn out. I'll let Beane/ McDermott prove if they're good at their jobs or not before deciding. That'll be a few years. At least, I think Pegulas see it that way. 

16 hours ago, #34fan said:

****LONG POST, but worth it, (i think)****

Some of you have gotten riled over my takes on these draft picks... You may think it's a matter of me simply  "not liking" these players, or "favoring" others which is total bullsh_t. I didn't like this draft because I saw a legit chance for this team to grab generational talent... The kids that get you to superbowls. -All OBD had to do, was NOT take the bait!  Justifiably, some of you are asking for an explanation, which I'll gladly provide in a round-by-round format.

Rd. 1

Josh Allen, 7th overall...Cost #12 #53 and #56 pick

In a word? -Disastrous. I didn't think any 2018 QB's could help BUF's situation, but I found this pick to be particularly bad. Not a single D1 program thought anything of this kid coming out of H.S.... In fairness, they could have missed something... Happens all the time.. Except no one liked him coming out of JC either! He ended up at WYO, but really wanted to play at Fresno State!

How bad did Allen want to play at Fresno State???

-Josh Allen wanted to play at Fresno State so bad, he wrote them a "pitch" letter throwing shade on a shorter, lighter, competitor. -It didn't work.

This is a kid, who in his BEST year as a D1 QB (2016) threw 28 TD's, AND led the Mountain West Conference with 15 picks! He's been a sub 60% passer at every playing level. -High School, JC, and College. He NEVER led WYO to a collegiate record better than 8-5! -Really? -Against such vaunted competition as San Jose State, and New Mexico?  Allen didn't throw as many picks (6) his final year, but his production as a passer also decreased dramatically from 3203 passing yards in '16 to 1812 passing yards in '17... I'll concede that sheer arm strength makes Allen an intriguing prospect, but ANY other year, and this kid is a mid-late 2nd round pick. However, the manipulative shield would have it's way. -With us, unfortunately.

Tremaine Edmunds, 16th overall... Cost #22 and #65

A pick I wasn't very fond of... Big guy? -Check. Fast guy? -Check. Tremendous athlete in general? -Check?  Personally, I don't think he diagnoses well enough (at his level)to merit the sacrifice... He frequently bit hard on fakes and mis-directions at the collegiate level... Plays won't get any easier to diagnose in the pros, and there's a chance he'll get exposed a lot... I can definitely see him as a passrusher ... Maybe stand-up 4-3 DE... My concern is that once these flaws are exposed, the coaching staff won't be able to effectively re-purpose his skill set.

What we missed out on.

We stay put at 12, there's a clear shot at the best DT prospect, I think, since Marcell Dareus. -Da'ron Payne(#13 to WAS)... Even if Beane was just looking at NFL draft grades, he would have seen a significantly higher one for this kid... "Pro-bowl potential" is what I read on his breakdown... But hey,  -f___k what the self-interested league thinks! Let's look at film, and this kid's production in games.-Which is NUTS...  If there's a D-Tackle in CFB with a quicker get-off I sure  haven't seen it! -You won't see a ton of sacks because Payne spent the last two season soaking up the run, and drawing double teams at NT so other guys could finish...  He simply couldn't be single-blocked at the collegiate level... Harrison Phillips is a VERY good player, but Payne is just a phenomenon for an interior DL. 

Had we we stayed put at 22, Stud Tackle Isaiah Wynn (#23 to NE) was waiting along with WR DJ Moore (#24 to CAR)  -Either pick helps this team win games from day one!  Wynn is an absolute mauler who finished a fabulous season (including the Senior Bowl) with a torn Labrum! This kid is going to keep your QB dry for YEARS, plus build a standard the rest of the line will have to follow! -BUF's O-line is in tatters after the departure of Wood, Glenn and Incognito...  However, If Wynn's injury scared you off, DJ Moore, had a skill set coveted by many NFL teams... Elite speed in pads, elusiveness, YAC for days... and reliable hands that consistently make difficult catches... In three years, this kid had 8 different QB's throwing to him including 3 true freshmen, and STILL was big-ten receiver of the year in 2017.  Who DOESN'T want that on their team?   -Brandon Beane. That's who. :(

Now flame your little hearts away.

K you are on the list of I hate the pick 

17 hours ago, #34fan said:

Some of you have gotten riled over my takes on these draft picks... You may think it's a matter of me simply  "not liking" these players, or "favoring" others which is total bullsh_t. I didn't like this draft because I saw a legit chance for this team to grab generational talent... The kids that get you to superbowls. -All OBD had to do, was NOT take the bait!  Justifiably, some of you are asking for an explanation, which I'll gladly provide in a round-by-round format.

Rd. 1

In a word? -Disastrous. I didn't think any 2018 QB's could help BUF's situation, but I found this pick to be particularly bad. Not a single D1 program thought anything of this kid coming out of H.S.... In fairness, they could have missed something... Happens all the time.. Except no one liked him coming out of JC either! He ended up at WYO, but really wanted to play at Fresno State!

-Josh Allen wanted to play at Fresno State so bad, he wrote them a "pitch" letter throwing shade on a shorter, lighter, competitor. -It didn't work.

This is a kid, who in his BEST year as a D1 QB (2016) threw 28 TD's, AND led the Mountain West Conference with 15 picks! He's been a sub 60% passer at every playing level. -High School, JC, and College. He NEVER led WYO to a collegiate record better than 8-5! -Really? -Against such vaunted competition as San Jose State, and New Mexico?  Allen didn't throw as many picks (6) his final year, but his production as a passer also decreased dramatically from 3203 passing yards in '16 to 1812 passing yards in '17... I'll concede that sheer arm strength makes Allen an intriguing prospect, but ANY other year, and this kid is a mid-late 2nd round pick. However, the manipulative shield would have it's way. -With us, unfortunately.

A pick I wasn't very fond of... Big guy? -Check. Fast guy? -Check. Tremendous athlete in general? -Check?  Personally, I don't think he diagnoses well enough (at his level)to merit the sacrifice... He frequently bit hard on fakes and mis-directions at the collegiate level... Plays won't get any easier to diagnose in the pros, and there's a chance he'll get exposed a lot... I can definitely see him as a passrusher ... Maybe stand-up 4-3 DE... My concern is that once these flaws are exposed, the coaching staff won't be able to effectively re-purpose his skill set.

What we missed out on.

We stay put at 12, there's a clear shot at the best DT prospect, I think, since Marcell Dareus. -Da'ron Payne(#13 to WAS)... Even if Beane was just looking at NFL draft grades, he would have seen a significantly higher one for this kid... "Pro-bowl potential" is what I read on his breakdown... But hey,  -f___k what the self-interested league thinks! Let's look at film, and this kid's production in games.-Which is NUTS...  If there's a D-Tackle in CFB with a quicker get-off I sure  haven't seen it! -You won't see a ton of sacks because Payne spent the last two season soaking up the run, and drawing double teams at NT so other guys could finish...  He simply couldn't be single-blocked at the collegiate level... Harrison Phillips is a VERY good player, but Payne is just a phenomenon for an interior DL. 

Had we we stayed put at 22, Stud Tackle Isaiah Wynn (#23 to NE) was waiting along with WR DJ Moore (#24 to CAR)  -Either pick helps this team win games from day one!  Wynn is an absolute mauler who finished a fabulous season (including the Senior Bowl) with a torn Labrum! This kid is going to keep your QB dry for YEARS, plus build a standard the rest of the line will have to follow! -BUF's O-line is in tatters after the departure of Wood, Glenn and Incognito...  However, If Wynn's injury scared you off, DJ Moore, had a skill set coveted by many NFL teams... Elite speed in pads, elusiveness, YAC for days... and reliable hands that consistently make difficult catches... In three years, this kid had 8 different QB's throwing to him including 3 true freshmen, and STILL was big-ten receiver of the year in 2017.  Who DOESN'T want that on their team?   -Brandon Beane. That's who. :(

I understand everybody’s entitled to their opinion but what are your credentials are you a professional  scout.  Let the people that get paid to scout people cast their opinion everybody thinks the bills had a great draft.

18 hours ago, #34fan said:

Rd. 1

What we missed out on.

No.

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

First off, I'll say that I didn't like the pick. But there's just zero correlation between " this franchise" and picks/ trades made by other GMs years ago. This FO wasn't around. Most fans said to pay whatever to swing for the fences, as the rookie cap means it doesn't kill you. Draft another guy in a few years. It doesn't exactly mean McBeane are gone if it doesn't work out either. There's a lot of things to play out by that time that will factor into any such decision. T Pegs has frequently said he feels there has been too much churning of coaches / GMs with the Bills. He's most likely right. He even gave the inherited and underwhelming Doug Whaley a period of time before determining he had to go. Many owners would have simply cleaned house and started fresh. The cost to move up was a lot less than it could have been, 2019 picks are intact. As much as we may question the selection of Allen, it was clear they didn't want Rosen. Beane ( and likely McDermott) went with the guy they believed in most between the two QBs. They didn't wait for Arizona to pick for them. As a fan, I guess that's a good thing. No one's fanhood should be challenged if they didn't like the pick either. But it's far from a slam dunk how this will turn out. I'll let Beane/ McDermott prove if they're good at their jobs or not before deciding. That'll be a few years. At least, I think Pegulas see it that way. 

I get it was different regimes. But if you're a fan and you see the franchise make the same mistake over and over again it gets a little old. All we can do is wait and see and hope for the best. I am a McBeane fan, just really don't get this pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It might be more like White, Allen and Edmunds. Depends how you look at it, I guess. Either way, we'll know in 2-3 seasons. 

Nope. We got an extra 1st and tre white. We used that 1st on Allen.

There is no Edmunds in this, trading up for him had nothing to do with the Mahomes trade.