Brandon Beane Approval Rating

Brandon Beane Approval Rating (Post Draft)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of Brandon Beane as GM?

• Yes
    • No

The draft has come and gone leaving some Bills fans with a bitter taste in their mouth.  Others are optimistic for the future.  So after and off-season and draft, how do you feel about Brandon Beane’s job as GM. Remember you can vote yes or no, there is no middle ground.

Beane just did what we have all been asking for , traded up to grab a Quarterback he likes. 

Beane also drafted the LB needed to run McDermott’s D. These were the two glaring areas of need. Beane then drafted Dirty Harry in the 3rd round, and a guard in the 5th. 

All the moves Beane has made starting with FA up till now, make sense. I’m not saying they will all pan out, but they make a ton of sense today.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Why would we not?  

Well, you see, many armchair GMs are  sure that their player determinations are better than the pros. Never mind that those same folks haven't watched entire games and don't have the proper tools to make those determinations. The draft is a crap shoot.  In a several years one of the following will be true and nobody knows which it will be.

*Allen and Rosen are both playing at a decent level

*Allen and Rosen are both busts

*Allen is outplaying Rosen

*Rosen is outplaying Allen

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

How would I know at this point, without any of these players taking the field?

People around here are more of the mindset of "how could you not know he's the greatest GM since Polian"...problem is they ignore that the roster is still in Flux and we took a major risk on a QB and gave up a lot to do it.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Right now its the eyeball test and rankings.

3 years tells us what it really is.

But for right now its rose colored glasses for me :)

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Well, you see, many armchair GMs are  sure that their player determinations are better than the pros. Never mind that those same folks haven't watched entire games and don't have the proper tools to make those determinations. The draft is a crap shoot.  In a several years one of the following will be true and nobody knows which it will be.

*Allen and Rosen are both playing at a decent level

*Allen and Rosen are both busts

*Allen is outplaying Rosen

*Rosen is outplaying Allen

Well stated.  And the draft is more than just one player.  And a GMs job is more than just the draft

3 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

People around here are more of the mindset of "how could you not know he's the greatest GM since Polian"...problem is they ignore that the roster is still in Flux and we took a major risk on a QB and gave up a lot to do it.

We gave up two picks

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t think we’ll learn much about Josh Allen in 2018 other than a few glimpses in preseason. So...this draft is going to be judged on how the LB and DT look. If those two kids disappear like Shaq and Adolphus did, the writing is on the wall. (I’m hoping against hope that they both light it up!)

GO BILLS 

4 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Some of us know that you have to take the draft with a grain of salt because it is a wait and see process.  None of us know who will come in and fit well with this team.  None of us know who will fill starting positions.  However, they brought in competitive players.  None of the QBs in this draft were "safe" picks.  All of them had some flaws.  We picked the flaws we think could be correctable.  Sometimes you have to take a risk to get a reward.  Talk to the Rams and the world champion Philadelphia Eagles and see if they regret going up to get their guy.  It's a process, how many times does the coaching staff have to say it?  They weren't very talented before for the schemes they are playing now, a new roster was needed and they are well on their way to repaving it over a few years.  They are building a culture of hard working low drama guys. Patience is a virtue that has been lost in today's world.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t think we’ll learn much about Josh Allen in 2018 other than a few glimpses in preseason. So...this draft is going to be judged on how the LB and DT look. If those two kids disappear like Shaq and Adolphus did, the writing is on the wall. (I’m hoping against hope that they both light it up!)

GO BILLS 

Doubt it.  Usually when a QB is picked that high, the GM lives and dies by that selection.  We may not see him until 2018 but Beane and McDermott secured their positions for at least a few years by making it to the playoffs with a less than stellar roster last season.

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

Doubt it.  Usually when a QB is picked that high, the GM lives and dies by that selection.  We may not see him until 2018 but Beane and McDermott secured their positions for at least a few years by making it to the playoffs with a less than stellar roster last season.

I’m not sure what you ‘doubt’ in my post. While you’re correct that they’ll ultimately be judged on Allen, the immediate returns will be from Picks 2 and 3. This team has way too many holes to have swung and missed on those two while the #1 holds a clipboard.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We made the playoffs last year for the first time in 17 years. This guy has a pass in my mind for a bit here. If not borderline life. That drought was owning my soul.

Mine too.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

The same reason we have mock drafts and draft grades.  It’s an instant reaction based on how you think he did, not how he did in actuality.  

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We made the playoffs last year for the first time in 17 years. This guy has a pass in my mind for a bit here. If not borderline life. That drought was owning my soul.

I’m not sure that Beane had all that much to with the drought ending. I’ll give that one to Coach McD.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure what you ‘doubt’ in my post. While you’re correct that they’ll ultimately be judged on Allen, the immediate returns will be from Picks 2 and 3. This team has way too many holes to have swung and missed on those two while the #1 holds a clipboard.

If Allen misses, I think they are gone.  If Allen hits, doesn't matter what the others do this year.  They have a few years here.  They will not get the axe because of a LB and DT.

If Allen misses, I think they are gone.  If Allen hits, doesn't matter what the others do this year.  They have a few years here.  They will not get the axe because of a LB and DT.

Well that pretty well takes them to year 4 of 5 in their contracts.

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Thanks, but I wasn’t talking about them getting the axe. My point is you won’t have to wait three years for a glimpse at their evaluation. If Edmunds and Phillips are both major contributors, we’ll know it long before 2020.

Beane did exactly what I've wanted the Bills to do. That is to pick a franchise QB and get him no matter what it takes. Whether Allen becomes a franchise QB remains to be seen, but they took a chance and did something. I'm tired of watching the Bills sit back and wait for something to happen. If Allen doesn't work out then Beane and McDermott may be gone and rightfully so.

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Well that pretty well takes them to year 4 of 5 in their contracts.

Which is around what teams usually give a new HC/GM duo.  Unless we are talking about the Bills or Cleveland...oh wait

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks, but I wasn’t talking about them getting the axe. My point is you won’t have to wait three years for a glimpse at their evaluation. If Edmunds and Phillips are both major contributors, we’ll know it long before 2020.

Not necessarily.  Jadaveon Clowney is a great example.  People were screaming bust from the hilltops and in his 4th season with the team he arrived.  Sometimes teams just need to be patient.  The fans won't be but the front office must.  

Which is around what teams usually give a new HC/GM duo.  Unless we are talking about the Bills or Cleveland...oh wait

Pegs already said he wanted young up and comers...check

Pegs also said they had a long leash. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I think Allen will see significant playing time this year. This is not like KC last year, where Alex Smith (a proven starter) was entrenched ahead of the rookie.  Number one priority has to be to get Allen some weapons.  And I’m surprised we did not draft a RB this year.

Just now, Epstein's Mother said:

Care to elaborate?

Sure. I think we’ll be in qb limbo for the next three years until we are forced to spend another draft pick for a new one. 

Up til the draft Beane was killing it, heck I really like the draft outside of the first pick. Could I be wrong? Sure. I just don’t think I am and I think that one move set us back three years. 

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think Allen will see significant playing time this year. This is not like KC last year, where Alex Smith (a proven starter) was entrenched ahead of the rookie.  Number one priority has to be to get Allen some weapons.  And I’m surprised we did not draft a RB this year.

I really billieve its an open 3 way competition for the starting job.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well we’re all going to find out but somehow I think Allen won’t see the field in 2018. Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield all will, but not Allen. He’s going to be well served by watching and learning. The speed of the players is nothing like he saw at Wyoming.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

This fan base is not in the patient mood. The offense has the chance to really bad. So, the two defensive draft picks had better contribute to the defense being really ‘promising’ or 2018 is going to be horrific.

Well the fanbase doesn't get to make that decision.

If it's up to me, AJM plays thks year. If he sucks, we get a nice early pick to get WR, OL, or RB help and focus on surrounding Allen.

Fans can whine and cry all they want, Beane is going to do Beane. If he was going to fold to fan opinion, he would not have taken the lightning rod QB with a last minute mini-scandal. He's doing what he believes is best, irregardless of what we think.

He truly has both short term and long term in his mind.  He prioritizes the QB properly and took a shot.  Even if Allen busts, nobody can accuse Beane of not thinking the QB is important and nobody can accuse him of not willing to get his man.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Sure. I think we’ll be in qb limbo for the next three years until we are forced to spend another draft pick for a new one. 

Up til the draft Beane was killing it, heck I really like the draft outside of the first pick. Could I be wrong? Sure. I just don’t think I am and I think that one move set us back three years. 

Thanks for adding that.  Just like you I'm hoping that you are wrong.