RD 5, Pick 166: Wyatt Teller G - Viginia Tech

23 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Harrison Phillips sees your 30 and raises you 20 more

oh my god

i just saw harrison got 42 reps at the combine

42!

from wikipedia:

Since 1998, only eighteen men at the combine have managed to achieve more than 40 "reps" (repetitions).

23 minutes ago, October 1918 said:

I was Civil Engineering at Tech back in the dark ages (early 90's). I love it when the Bills draft Hokies! It aligns my college and pro football worlds. :D

Nice! My dark ages at VCU are even darker than yours, LOL ('86 grad). I wanted the Bills to sign former VCU basketball player Mo Alie-Cox just so I could say that Buffalo had a VCU grad. Not many opportunities for a basketball only school to get a guy into the NFL. Mo  is a TE for the Colts so we do at least have a guy in the NFL. :D:beer:

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Is it just me, or did BOTH networks stop commenting on players picked, especially OURS, a couple rounds ago? Or am I just missing it with horrible timing? 

This is history repeating itself.

Sad but true.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Graduated Civil in 2010 :)

@ExWNYer @SDS If your kids decide to do the Fraternity thing, I started the Theta Tau (Professional Co-ed, not traditional greek) chapter at Tech. I'd love to bring more Bills fans into the network!

Thanks for the heads up! Sorry to everyone else for hijacking the thread.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Is it just me, or did BOTH networks stop commenting on players picked, especially OURS, a couple rounds ago? Or am I just missing it with horrible timing? 

Late round guyss all dont get taked about. Mcshay did saw a blurb about Teller 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Late round guyss all dont get taked about. Mcshay did saw a blurb about Teller 

Well, I missed that too. It seemed the NFLN guys commented on 4 of 5 picks that had taken place....and guess who was left out....

I know, I know...it’s a tradition.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Just read that his play fell off A LOT this year but they don't know why.  Does any one have any insights on this?

I watched every game of his career (minus a few) and I sure didn't see it. He was first-team All-ACC this past season for a reason IMHO.

Tech never had a great running back when he was there (or a great QB for that matter).... I can't wait to see him with Shady behind him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Just read that his play fell off A LOT this year but they don't know why.  Does any one have any insights on this?

It didn't. He didn't have as many flashy pancakes and plays, but he was definitively solid. He had a disagreement with the coaching staff early and got put in the doghouse early, but came back from that and played fine, albeit a tad deflated. But I think he finished top 10 in both pass and rush blocking efficiency.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Chris BrownVerified account @ChrisBrownBills 42s42 seconds ago

Teller gave up just 4 sacks in 1,358 pass block snaps at Va Tech. #Bills

0 replies 2 retweets 2 likes

According to Pro Football Focus, he hasn’t allowed a sack since 2016. He allowed just two quarterback hits in 2016. He allowed just four sacks on over 1,300 career pass blocking snaps.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It didn't. He didn't have as many flashy pancakes and plays, but he was definitively solid. He had a disagreement with the coaching staff early and got put in the doghouse early, but came back from that and played fine, albeit a tad deflated. But I think he finished top 10 in both pass and rush blocking efficiency.

Thanks guys.

Also read that he didn't give up any sacks and can bench 460 and squat 600 which will only get better so I'm still stoked about him.