NFL.com Calls The Bills "Losers" For Drafting Allen; Compare Him to JP Losman

3 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I've read other commentators that Allen has unlimited upside and could have been the best QB in the draft.  Only time will tell.

At this point he is a bill so you pull for him but why is everyone saying he has an unlimited upside or highest ceiling? He has the most to do to even get where Baker Mayfield or Darnold are at. I don't think he has the highest ceiling. I think he has the biggest gap to get to his ceiling. Not saying his ceiling isn't on par with Mayfield or Darnold just has the longest way to go to get there.

20 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

At this point he is a bill so you pull for him but why is everyone saying he has an unlimited upside or highest ceiling? He has the most to do to even get where Baker Mayfield or Darnold are at. I don't think he has the highest ceiling. I think he has the biggest gap to get to his ceiling. Not saying his ceiling isn't on par with Mayfield or Darnold just has the longest way to go to get there.

Big, Smart, cannon arm that can throw with Big Ben velocity.

I also think despite McCarrons lack of NFL playing experience he will become a very good mentor for Allen.

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I dont know, reading Bill's fans comments and thoughts on Taylor here before he was dealt and most would argue that just about anyone could be an improvement over Taylor....

Can Allen tie his own shoes?  If so, he's better.

4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Correct.    You can have him back as 3rd stringer once Mayfield puts him back on the pine.   

I'm thinking after the draft, clowns trade him to us for a conditional 7th rounder.

Edited by reddogblitz

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I watched every game of his and the other top 5 and tracked advanced stats and by my account he threw around 50 balls at or behind the LoS out of 270 attempts good for 18.5%. On par with Rosen and Darnold

Baker shockingly came in at under 14% lowest in the class

Sounds like youre gonna end up making a more detailed scout report on our new investment.

7 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Allen is about 1,000 times smarter & a much harder worker than JP.  Instead of picking up garbage, Josh will be working with his WRs.  Allen didn't have to retake the Wonderlic a 2nd time after spending time being coached up like JP.  

There is no valid comparison.  

If the wonderlic was any indication of future NFL success Ryan Fitzpatrick would of been the #1 pk overall and would of been a future Hofer.  

6 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

If the wonderlic was any indication of future NFL success Ryan Fitzpatrick would of been the #1 pk overall and would of been a future Hofer.  

If he didn't have a noodle arm he would have been great.

He just didn't have a fastball to go with his change up ;)

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

If he didn't have a noodle arm he would have been great.

He just didn't have a fastball to go with his change up ;)

Its not so cut and dry there's alot to playing QB and Josh Allen lacks the main attributes  in playing the position.  Touch, Accuracy,  Anticipation  and Timing are his weaknesses and that's what is comparable to JP. I hope behind hope that Allen overcomes his weaknesses. 

8 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

TT couldn't hold Fitz's jock strap.

Fitz could almost play QB except for the noodle arm.

Imagine Fits with Allen's cannon?

To the thread, If Allen went anywhere like NE or Denver they be winners per NFL.com.

Whatever with this nonsense.

30 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

To the thread, If Allen went anywhere like NE or Denver they be winners per NFL.com.

Very true.  There's some anti-Bills bias in the media.  By all indications Allen has the physical traits and intelligence to succeed.  No doubt there's work to be done but the potential is sky-high and if reached this pick will transform the Bills into a dominant franchise for a decade.  My take is wait and see until they get a couple rookie and mini-camp sessions complete when we'll get some pro level looks.  Will he excell, struggle, look average?  

46 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Well, if he went to NE and sat behind Brady, of course it would be viewed differently.  But how can you blame anyone for thinking it was a giant risk?  Buffalo, who loves drafting guys with “tools” but lack accuracy, does this all the time. How often does it work out?

Despite what mocks said, there were plenty of questions about Allen and would have been if any time took him.

8 hours ago, Figster said:

I just hope Josh Allen is taking all this in and adding fuel to the fire.

Buffalo is a loser for drafting a guy going 1st overall on half the mocks?

hahaha

Why do people put so much stock in mocks??? Wasn’t Jimmy Clausen supposed to get drafted high in mocks? Mock are mainly worthless and nfl teams have much different boards.  These “experts” know little.

6 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Sounds like youre gonna end up making a more detailed scout report on our new investment.

I broke him down earlier after I finished watching his games

i did the top 6

Im harsh on him but still the the gem he can be

10 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

Maybe so but both Mayfield and Darnold were gone.  We don't know who McBeane's #1 target was.  All we know is it wasnt Rosen.  

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, if he went to NE and sat behind Brady, of course it would be viewed differently.  But how can you blame anyone for thinking it was a giant risk?  Buffalo, who loves drafting guys with “tools” but lack accuracy, does this all the time. How often does it work out?

Despite what mocks said, there were plenty of questions about Allen and would have been if any time took him.

Why do people put so much stock in mocks??? Wasn’t Jimmy Clausen supposed to get drafted high in mocks? Mock are mainly worthless and nfl teams have much different boards.  These “experts” know little.

Mock is just another opinion.

On the other hand when half the football world puts Josh Allen going 1st overall to the Browns common sense tells you allot of opinions right or wrong think Allen will go 1st overall.

Did some GM's feel this way? possibly, or possibly not and to assume you know differently is just another opinion. 

My opinion, Josh Allen was at the top of our board...

Edited by Figster

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Mock is just another opinion.

On the other hand when half the football world puts Josh Allen going 1st overall to the Browns common sense tells you allot of opinions right or wrong think Allen will go 1st overall.

Did some GM's feel this way? possibly, or possibly not and to assume you know differently is just another opinion. 

Would be interesting to know if the tweets scared off the Browns and made them go with Mayfield instead? He wasn't really expected as #1 until just before the draft.

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Would be interesting to know if the tweets scared off the Browns and made them go with Mayfield instead? He wasn't really expected as #1 until just before the draft.

Or could it have been brought on by the Bills and or Allen deliberately.

If you were Josh Allen would you want to go to Cleveland?

No offense to Browns fans, but I wouldn't...

On 4/28/2018 at 12:32 AM, dave mcbride said:

Losman had a 31 (“engineer” level threshold) on the Wonderlic, so what you say above is incorrect.

On 4/28/2018 at 12:36 AM, JMF2006 said:

Sorry I thought he stunk it out,well 2/3 would be worth 20m in MLB ;)

You're both right.  

The first time he took it he got a 14, and his agents came up with some excuse of why he did so poorly.  He took it again and got a 31 (allegedly with help from the agents)

I even found a discussion about it on the interwebs (BTW, thanks SDS for all this)

Edited by GG
  • Thank you (+1) 1