Fan Reaction to the Allen Pick in the New Era Field House

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m going to sound like a condescending ***hole here but I’m going to say it anyways. 95% of the people in that Field House haven’t seen these guys play. WNY doesn’t follow college football and doesn’t really know the game. They formulated their opinions over the last handful of months based on Schopp and the Bulldog, Jeremy White, Mel Kiper, etc...It is different around here when someone like Gunner is upset. He has studied these guys inside and out and formed an opinion. Bandit did the same and had a different take. Those people whining in the Fieldhouse over the Bills taking 1 guy that they have never seen over another guy that they have never seen pisses me off. The 5 minutes of YouTube highlights that they watched don’t classify them as knowledgeable!! Sorry for the rant and thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Maybe just a little?  I mean, I don't know who those people in the fieldhouse are and what level of football fandom they're at.  I don't follow college football myself and make no bones about it, but I spent a lot of time over the last 4 months watching film of the QB draft class.  They might uninformed, or they might have watched 55 or 505 minutes of Youtube games and scout films?

But you're welcome and I hope it helps your chest!

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Lol...people were so mixed...they had no idea how to react....looking around wondering if the pick is good. 

They were waiting for someone in the media to tell them how to feel.. Just like it tells them who’s good and who’s not. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe just a little?  I mean, I don't know who those people in the fieldhouse are and what level of football fandom they're at.  I don't follow college football myself and make no bones about it, but I spent a lot of time over the last 4 months watching film of the QB draft class.  They might uninformed, or they might have watched 55 or 505 minutes of Youtube games and scout films?

...you are proving my point. Watching YouTube highlights and listening to Jeremy White doesn’t make people experts. I’d probably have you in the 5% anyways. The people here are infinitely more informed than the typical Bills fan. I’ve interaccted with thousands of them.  

4 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

And if they don't pretend to like it, then what? Banned from the stadium? Can't renew season tickets? Are they kicked out of the Draft Day event? 

Yes , yes and yes you either with us or against us ! 

18 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

!@#$ing Mike Schoop is such a wet diaper.

Please, Schoop, please. Go play in traffic.

I really can’t stand Schoop he’s arrogance just makes me want to smack him 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

See, now if you had a basic understanding of how draft trades work.

You would know and understand  that it takes MORE draft capital to move into

the 7 spot. And it takes a lot less draft capital to move into the 10 spot. 

Regardless if both moves are only 5 spots up.

But carry on.the humor, and misinformation today is outstanding 

Oh really?? Is that how it works?? I had no idea! My premis is they should have done the deal with Oakland! Who cares if Arizona jumped ahead and grabbed either of them they still would have gotten either Allen or Rosen and still had both their 2nds to fix their O-line genius!

13 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Oh really?? Is that how it works?? I had no idea! My premis is they should have done the deal with Oakland! Who cares if Arizona jumped ahead and grabbed either of them they still would have gotten either Allen or Rosen and still had both their 2nds to fix their O-line genius!

Yep the signs were there. In your earlier childish post. You my friend are an idiot. Bye!!

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m going to sound like a condescending ***hole here but I’m going to say it anyways. 95% of the people in that Field House haven’t seen these guys play. WNY doesn’t follow college football and doesn’t really know the game. They formulated their opinions over the last handful of months based on Schopp and the Bulldog, Jeremy White, Mel Kiper, etc...It is different around here when someone like Gunner is upset. He has studied these guys inside and out and formed an opinion. Bandit did the same and had a different take. Those people whining in the Fieldhouse over the Bills taking 1 guy that they have never seen over another guy that they have never seen pisses me off. The 5 minutes of YouTube highlights that they watched don’t classify them as knowledgeable!! Sorry for the rant and thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Totally agree, I mean for the love of god.. Many had him top 2 today.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This pick was a win/loose for the fans no matter what.

50% hate Rosen and 50% hate Allen. If Rosen were picked we would of seen the same response on these forums

This was a Win Win for the bills and a Win Lose for the fans

25 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

The logical conclusion would be they weren't interested in "either Allen or Rosen".  They wanted Allen, and were willing to pay to ensure they got him.

I was fortunate enough to be on the floor for day 1 of the draft...I felt really bad for the Bills fans on the floor..they were seated up front right by the stage....Allen was of course attending and came out...having heard a few of them talking as they shuffled by on their way out....I didn't get the impression they were stoked...but kind of had to go along with the noise because it was all going down right there in front of them.  

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG