Beane is building, this season might be a throw away

2 hours ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

I think the Josh Allen pick, and the trading up for Edmunds, shows that Beane is not really worried about this season and is taking the long view. We all are talking about how many need areas the Bills still have and are lamenting the fact that we don't have the 2nd and 3rd round picks to plug those holes but we may need to come to terms with the fact that Beane and McDermott are ok with some holes going into this season.  If they were planning to be competitive in 2018, and were still planning on drafting Allen who is undoubtedly a year or two away from starting, then they likely would have kept Tyrod another season or brought in a vet free agent QB (who knows, they may still). But with no proven QB on the roster we are likely facing another "look out below" season. 

Now this is the NFL, and some younger players can surprise and teams can get hot, so you can't totally write off the season, but I would be prepared for some growing pains. The good news is we'll lose a ton of dead salary cap money after this season, something like $25 mil or so I believe, so look for Beane to be very aggressive in free agency next year. 

Funny how those 2nd round picks and 3rd round pick  now matter to the trade up for Rosen crowd now that Rosen did not happen.

58 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Heard the same crap last year.

There is a solid foundation here now, which means they are in good shape.

The team is fine folks.

If they crap the bed this year, then I will be the first to eat crow.

You won't have to.

This team shouldn't have high expectations this year due to the QB change being very up in the air, between mccarron and Allen it's a big unknown, with Allen not expected to even start, and the OLine being in shambles.

Overall regression should be expected.

You obviously aren't saying we are SB contenders, you seem to be saying that we won't be terrible, and might take a step back, with obvious learning bumps from the QBs, right?

3 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I only give them 3.

Going off of this site, the Bills will go from $18+ mil of cap space to $78+ mil of cap space next season. Granted that number will fluctuate will new signings and other releases, etc. but the bottom line is next year we should have the cash to be serious players in free agency. No excuses not to be competitive in 2019.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills/

Edited by Gavin in Va Beach

1 minute ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Going off of this site, the Bills will go from $18+ mil of cap space to $78+ mil of cap space next season. Granted that number will fluctuate will new signings and other releases, etc. but the bottom line is next year we should have the cash to be serious players in free agency. No excuses not to be competitive in 2019.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills/

They'll still be in QB purgatory 3 years form now, and I expect McBeane to be fired.

16 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Maybe you can stop your own whining first. 

Hmmm...... whining might be a little off.  If whining is saying "hey, maybe we should give them the benefit of a doubt and give it a few years," then maybe our definitions of whining might be completely different.  

yoda.jpg

1 minute ago, TheBeane said:

Hmmm...... whining might be a little off.  If whining is saying "hey, maybe we should give them the benefit of a doubt and give it a few years," then maybe our definitions of whining might be completely different.  

yoda.jpg

Shouldn't that say, "Strong the confusion is, in this one"  

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Funny how those 2nd round picks and 3rd round pick  now matter to the trade up for Rosen crowd now that Rosen did not happen.

I would also add for everyone is freaking that we don't have a second round pick, most teams have one pick in each round.  While we don't have a second round pick we got TWO players in round one, so like, one more player than everyone else...

And those assets given up won't matter if Allen hits.

And yes, I know, Allen will never hit, Pegula is a fool, Beane needs to polish his resume, McDermott doesn't know what a QB looks like and the NFL is a giant conspiracy against the Bills. :beer:

The good news is that if u remove Brady from the equation the league really isnt all that good. A decent team competes.

We shoulda beat Jax in the playoffs last yr....with a Bills team that was barely above avg.

There are no great teams out there. Everyone can be beat .

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Our defense is good and we have Shady. We can win games now. AJ is as good as Tyrod IMO. We can win now.

Added some help along the d-line.  new ILB, probably will add some secondary depth.  I don't see why our D would be any worse than last year.  The offense was already bottom of the barrel... should be a middling 6-10 win team.

Considering all of the holes we have in our starting line-up... and the fact that we just spent 5 out of the 6 tickets we had to fill them with on 2 players (one of whom likely won't play at all next season)... you just might be right about that.  At least we didn't trade any of next year's picks... those might be some premium picks.

8 hours ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

where did we improve our wr core? am i missing something? Kerley is such a big boost  eh?

Benjamin is healthy, Jones is in his second year, and Kerley. Don’t be surprised when they add another vet/rookie.