Poll: Josh Allen Approval Rating

Poll: Josh Allen Approval Rating  

455 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the Bills selecting Josh Allen

• Yes, he will be a star
    • No, he will be a bust
    • I’m somewhere in the middle

I’m curious to know the pulse of Two Bills a drive in regards to the selection of QB Josh Allen. 

Personally, I wanted Rosen.  I think that statistically the odds are against Allen succeeding.  Beane’s job is pretty much on the line here, because like Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley, he needs to justify his choice for QB’s.

so vote in the poll... do you agree or disagree with the pick.

Edited by BuffaloRush

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I think we finally have people running the show that know that know what they are doing. 

Both first rounders will be difference makers.  Two cornerstones.  Go Bills!!!

Overstatement with Allen as the classic boom or bust pick. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 3

Hope I'm wrong.

But I think this dude is gonna be booty.

It sucked that there's two josh's. The slide of both of them, the trade up, you didn't even know after the first name who was picked. Then Goodell said Allen, and it was just so deflating. I love the Edmunds pick and I won my NBA bet, but I just couldn't get my energy back up the rest of the night. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Hope I'm wrong.

But I think this dude is gonna be booty.

It sucked that there's two josh's. The slide of both of them, the trade up, you didn't even know after the first name who was picked. Then Goodell said Allen, and it was just so deflating. I love the Edmunds pick and I won my NBA bet, but I just couldn't get my energy back up the rest of the night. 

Tim Graham claimed it was Allen seconds before the pick was announced so I was prepared for the devastation. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, No Cease Fires said:

Tim Graham claimed it was Allen seconds before the pick was announced so I was prepared for the devastation. 

It reminds of when I was a kid and I'd watch wrestling and Vince McMahon would build something up you wanted then throw a curveball at you at the last second.

I felt like devastated 8 year old me all over again. All I could just do is keep dropping f bombs. It worked out better than my wildest dreams, and then bam, the one guy you (just speaking for myself) didn't want is in there at the last second. It really is comical they both were named Josh. What a heel turn.

10 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It reminds of when I was a kid and I'd watch wrestling and Vince McMahon would build something up you wanted then throw a curveball at you at the last second.

I felt like devastated 8 year old me all over again. All I could just do is keep dropping f bombs. It worked out better than my wildest dreams, and then bam, the one guy you (just speaking for myself) didn't want is in there at the last second. It really is comical they both were named Josh. What a heel turn.

To be honest, I've been running this all over and over in my head as a doomsday scenario for the last few months. We're in the prime position and tank the pick.

"Josh(the crowd goes wild)...Allen (crickets)"

2 minutes ago, No Cease Fires said:

To be honest, I've been running this all over and over in my head as a doomsday scenario for the last few months. We're in the prime position and tank the pick.

"Josh(the crowd goes wild)...Allen (crickets)"

I was nervous that it would happen too, but I just assumed that it was the lack of trust I have in the Bills to make the right pick. I'd always think about it again, and think, no way this team does this again. Draft the big guy with the strong arm, cite weather and athleticism, surely we had to be pass this. Yet they got me again.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Or maybe you don’t know crap how bout that?

Or maybe you don't know crap? Do you see how childish this can get.

He doesn't know ****. You don't know ****. I don't know ****. Let's just stop telling each other we don't know **** because all the people who like Allen, the only defense they have for the pick is that you don't know ****. You don't get paid to do this. Paid professionals know more than you so I'm guessing by saying that, that lot must be insinuating they always nail it. Because paid scouts have never made bad draft decisions. This might just be a bad decision, paid professionals have made catastrophically bad decisions.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

31 minutes ago, No Cease Fires said:

Anyone who thinks he's gonna be a star is just mainlining kool-aid at this point. 

What are you basing this off of? I don't drink Kool aid and think he has all the tools to be a star. Mayocks top 100- Josh Allen #9 overall (we got him at 7)

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

From the Jets board. Pretty much how I feel. Every single NFL forum message board is laughing at us for taking Allen. Beane did not address how to fix his accuracy in the interview. Might need a new management team.

"The stars aligned for us in many ways tonight. 

Darnold fell in our laps.

Buffalo took Allen.

And just as Miami is licking their chops, Arizona sweeps in and takes Rosen, forcing Miami to take a safety lol

Couldn't have written tonight any better, IMO"

"If I had to hand pick a QB for the Bills to struggle with for the next 5 years it would be Allen."

"Josh Allen to the Bills was just a bonus pick for the Jets."

Edited by Awwufelloff

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

What are you basing this off of? I don't drink Kool aid and think he has all the tools to be a star.

Tools, yes. But he hasn't shown he knows what to do with them. Kinda like some other Bills QB picks I don't need to mention.

Look, I really hope he's a star, and of course there's a chance he will be. But looking at the history of college QBs with less than 60 percent accuracy, those chances aren't good. That's the truth. So if I were a betting man, I would bet on him to bust. And that's just playing the percentages. The only way I would bet on him to be a star is if I had a whole ton of faith in a regime that has given me no reason to have said faith when it comes to the QB position. Hence the Kool-aid.

Completely in the middle, don't know how you can't be. His potential is through the roof and he's a blue chip prospect. What we wanted right?  I would have taken Rosen 100/100 times but I'm completely open to coming around on Allen. He's our QB, now.

A lot of people who know a hell of a lot more than I do love him, so I'm into it.  I absolutely love and support the plan of QB/LB, I just need to come around on this being the QB. We did get the best LB in the entire draft in my opinion, so it really is a matter of coming around on the QB.

Very Billsy way of handling a chest of riches in general - I'm equally skeptical and excited. The Edmunds pick was fantastic, and they got a giant, young QB who can throw really far I guess.  This draft was more of a quizzical eyebrow raise than an attempt to throw my TV through the window. so I'm on board.

Edited by Hurricane Marv
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Completely in the middle, don't know how you can't be. His potential is through the roof and he's a blue chip prospect. What we wanted right?  I would have taken Rosen 1000/1000 times but I'm completely open to coming around on Allen. He's our QB, now.

A lot of people who know a hell of a lot more than I do love him, so I'm into it.  I absolutely love and support the plan of QB/LB, I just need to come around on this being the QB.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, No Cease Fires said:

I'm not saying he won't turn out to be a star, I hope he does. But to predict that TODAY when every conceivable metric says nuh-uh, well, you're riding on faith and little else. 

He is a wait and see

but who isnt

rosen injury and possible commitment issues Darnold ball security problems Allen accuracy and low level competition

• Like (+1) 1

He's the most obvious bust since Jake Locker imo.  I said that before we took him and I'm saying that after we took him.  When they do a 30 for 30 on the 2018 QB draft class 30 years from now, he's going to be the '83 Todd Blackledge between Elway and Kelly.  Other than that, I'll be rooting for him.

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm confused. Who are all these people who love Allen?

Like 6/10 pundits and journalists who've commented in the last two weeks.  Totally scientific estimate I know, but everybody seemingly loved Josh Allen until the texts came out last night it seemed..

I'm not a fan, but he was tossed around as a potential #1 pick by just about every talking head who can mumble, so it wasn't a complete stretch to pick him.  I simply just don't like it.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

18 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

From the Jets board. Pretty much how I feel. Every single NFL forum message board is laughing at us for taking Allen. Beane did not address how to fix his accuracy in the interview. Might need a new management team.

"The stars aligned for us in many ways tonight. 

Darnold fell in our laps.

Buffalo took Allen.

And just as Miami is licking their chops, Arizona sweeps in and takes Rosen, forcing Miami to take a safety lol

Couldn't have written tonight any better, IMO"

"If I had to hand pick a QB for the Bills to struggle with for the next 5 years it would be Allen."

"Josh Allen to the Bills was just a bonus pick for the Jets."

Hmm.

I guess since the Jets have been so successful in picking QBs that we should definitely take their criticism as a concern. 

(/s)

Jets fans thinking we did the wrong thing makes me suddenly much more comfortable Allen was the right pick after all.

Just now, Hurricane Marv said:

Like 6/10 pundits and journalists who've commented in the last two weeks.  Totally rough, scientific estimate I know, but everybody loved Josh Allen until the texts came out last night it seemed..

I'm not a fan, but he was tossed around as a potential #1 pick by just about every talking head who can mumble, so it wasn't a complete stretch to pick him.  I simply just don't like it.

Really? I feel like I saw the opposite. I thought they saw him as someone with a high ceiling, but it was a big risk believing he'd reach it. He had had all the physical skills athletically, but accuracy, and mentally was going to be a jump for him. I thought Kiper was getting killed by everyone, including Mcshay (probably manufactured though) because no one honestly believed he go one.

I believe you read this I just missed it and thought a lot of skepticism surrounded Allen the whole time. Here's to hoping we're all wrong who didnt believe.

31 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Or maybe you don't know crap? Do you see how childish this can get.

He doesn't know ****. You don't know ****. I don't know ****. Let's just stop telling each other we don't know **** because all the people who like Allen, the only defense they have for the pick is that you don't know ****. You don't get paid to do this. Paid professionals know more than you so I'm guessing by saying that, that lot must be insinuating they always nail it. Because paid scouts have never made bad draft decisions. This might just be a bad decision, paid professionals have made catastrophically bad decisions.

If your gonna defend someone who says ppl are drinking koop aid for THEIR opinion then what you say to me means less then doo doo

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He's the most obvious bust since Jake Locker imo.  I said that before we took him and I'm saying that after we took him.  When they do a 30 for 30 on the 2018 QB draft class 30 years from now, he's going to be the '83 Todd Blackledge between Elway and Kelly.  Other than that, I'll be rooting for him.

You just don't know that for sure man he was a highly rated prospect #2 on the board for some... What do you want? They took a shot and they didn't sell the farm

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He is not a bust until he actually proves it

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If your gonna defend someone who says ppl are drinking koop aid for THEIR opinion then what you say to me means less then doo doo

Man I'll just let it go. You just aren't a smart person, John from Riverside. So much of this post shows that.

53 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Many thought Allen would be the number 1 overall pick.   You have no idea if he will be good or not.  Spare me the histrionics and just go root for the Jets.