2018 Draft: 1st round discussion

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

When all the dust settles on this draft Bills fans will be reversing all this negative talk and gloating about how Beane screwed the rest of the NFL out of the best QB and ILBer in the draft. 

Trust the process and yet very few are...

Edmunds I trust will be the real deal. Allen is more questionable. At least he looked like a really good QB at times, which is more than I can say for EJ. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Edmunds I trust will be the real deal. Allen is more questionable. At least he looked like a really good QB at times, which is more than I can say for EJ. 

When you take a long hard look back at this year's draft class in a few years you will see that Rosen was far too fragile, Darnold with 22 turnovers in 13 games, Mayfield I liked a lot but he reminds me so much of Johnny football. 

Bills fans will be wondering how every other team missed on seeing on what Josh Allen brings. Think Arron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger type talent but so much will depend on what this FO surrounds this kid with in terms of talent. This team needs quality talent in terms of an offensive center, offensive tackle, and a left guard. It will be good to sit Allen for a season to build that offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Big C said:

Beane has piled up good picks getting rid of dead weight and dough so he could make these moves. We got two high first rounders and a 3rd rounder in a draft, We got a first and two seconds last year. I'm totally OK with this. I'm trusting Beane to get the guys we need and McD to maximize their potential. 

Dead weight? Watkins is still a top quality WR. Darby just helped his team win a SB. Dareus played great for the Jags and Glenn when healthy is a top 10 LT in the league. 

we traded away a lot of young talent and we drafted a QB that won't even start for the next 2 seasons. we got it all wrong 

1 minute ago, Yeezus said:

Dead weight? Watkins is still a top quality WR. Darby just helped his team win a SB. Dareus played great for the Jags and Glenn when healthy is a top 10 LT in the league. 

we traded away a lot of young talent and we drafted a QB that won't even start for the next 2 seasons. we got it all wrong 

Watkins did little last year. 

Darby was hurt for 75% of the year. 

Dareus was a token piece on a loaded D. 

Glenn hasn't been healthy in 2 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Az gave up a mid 3rd and mid 4th or 5th to move up 5 spots, 3 spots behind the Bills. Bills gave up two 2nd rounders to move up 5 spots. Spent 710 draft points to gain 300, ridiculous overpay in such a deep draft and having so many needs. The Bills oline and wr corps are a disaster right now imo.

Apples and oranges. There was 1 QB left and 1, maybe 2 teams willing to trade up. No one is sure that Miami wanted to trade up and take a QB, they may have o ly been interested if one fell to them. It was said that Arizona was ready to trade for the 7th pick TB made the deal with Buffalo instead. Tb had a higher demand for the pick then Oakland

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

When you take a long hard look back at this year's draft class in a few years you will see that Rosen was far too fragile, Darnold with 22 turnovers in 13 games, Mayfield I liked a lot but he reminds me so much of Johnny football. 

Bills fans will be wondering how every other team missed on seeing on what Josh Allen brings. Think Arron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisberger type talent but so much will depend on what this FO surrounds this kid with in terms of talent. This team needs quality talent in terms of an offensive center, offensive tackle, and a left guard. It will be good to sit Allen for a season to build that offense. 

Trust me, I’m trying to get on board! I see the upside is enormous, as is the player! I worried about Rosen from a concussion standpoint. I like an accurate QB, so I’m nervous.  

Let AJ earn his money playing the punching bag until we can build a line and add some weapons. Rosen might be “ready to play”, but may be the worst possiblele fit behind an OLine that can’t block. You hate to break your shiny new toy the first time you take it out of the box! 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Robotulism said:

IMO, Williams isn't very good 

Why do you say that?

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Trust me, I’m trying to get on board! I see the upside is enormous, as is the player! I worried about Rosen from a concussion standpoint. I like an accurate QB, so I’m nervous.  

Let AJ earn his money playing the punching bag until we can build a line and add some weapons. Rosen might be “ready to play”, but may be the worst possiblele fit behind an OLine that can’t block. You hate to break your shiny new toy the first time you take it out of the box! 

\I doubt he plays at all this season, we have 80+M to spend to fix that O-Line, that would be really dumb to get him killed for no reason.

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Apples and oranges. There was 1 QB left and 1, maybe 2 teams willing to trade up. No one is sure that Miami wanted to trade up and take a QB, they may have o ly been interested if one fell to them. It was said that Arizona was ready to trade for the 7th pick TB made the deal with Buffalo instead. Tb had a higher demand for the pick then Oakland

The first 2nd rounder alone was worth 370 to gain 300, never should have given the 2nd one. Panic move and large overpay imo, good thing they still have next years picks because I think their offense will be terrible this year. Hard to do much with a bad line and poor wr corp. 

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

The first 2nd rounder alone was worth 370 to gain 300, never should have given the 2nd one. Panic move and large overpay imo, good thing they still have next years picks because I think their offense will be terrible this year. Hard to do much with a bad line and poor wr corp. 

Except that the "value charts" dont mean anything when it comes down to real life. It may give a baseline to get an idea of how a deal could start, but it all comes down to supply and demand. Arizona was trying to get the pick, Bill's also wanted it. TB knew both wanted a QB   and there were only 2 left. With another team potentially willing to take one before either time was supposed to pick. 

• Like (+1) 1