Regardless of what happens tomorrow

And regardless of what QB we take ... let us all be patient with the rookie and not run him out of town after 1-2 years 

I was talking with my father earlier and he is a die hard fan like us all. Like some posters here, he has been with the Bills since day 1, 1960 and been with the team through all the ups and downs

The one thing he and I fear is that we will not be patient with our rookie QB and run him out of town. We have been stung time and time again and we are rabid as a fan base and want    Instant results . 

It is not a 1 year process with a rookie QB. There will be good plays and bad but we must be patient and support him unconditionally 

BILLIEVE 2018

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And regardless of what QB we take ... let us all be patient with the rookie and not run him out of town after 1-2 years 

No. F*ck 'em.

But for real even if it's Allen I will root for him to be the second coming of Jim Kelly.

Edited by NickelCity
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Each of the top six QBs have questions about them. Even if we move up to the top two-four and get our guy, that likely means he is going to have a crappy OL and very limited WR. If it's Allen who almost universally is seen as a guy who needs some development, he may not even start. A lot can happen. If we get another solid WR maybe it's not an issue. But chances are, even if we get a top QB, 2018 is not going to be a huge year for that guy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

EJ got 1 and 1/4 years.

He was yanked after 4 games of his sophomore season here

Did he warrant more? Is there some conspiracy to disrupt his advancement? Did the Bills not due everything in their power to get him to succeed? Sometimes it is best to cut your losses and move on. I think we waited too long to cut bait with EJ.

Just now, Bill_with_it said:

Did he warrant more? Is there some conspiracy to disrupt his advancement? Did the Bills not due everything in their power to get him to succeed? Sometimes it is best to cut your losses and move on. I think we waited too long to cut bait with EJ.

Im not arguing for giving him more time. But 1.25 years for a QB we were supposed to sit on the bench for a year or 2 is not how you develop a project QB

• Like (+1) 1