Regardless of what happens tomorrow

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m going to be completely honest and say that if they draft Allen, I will still support the team and hope for his success (obviously) but I’ll be very pessimistic about pretty much everything and it will take awhile for me to get over it. Sorry, it’s just the truth here. 

Don't worry, you won't need to worry about Allen being a Bill.:D

Just now, horned dogs said:

Don't worry, you won't need to worry about Allen being a Bill.:D

I’ve been trying really hard to stay positive and trust the process but with each report from every draft analyst with all his negatives coupled with alll the predictions of him to the Bills has been excruciating. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve been trying really hard to stay positive and trust the process but with each report from every draft analyst with all his negatives coupled with alll the predictions of him to the Bills has been excruciating. 

I think the stuff from Allens' tweets makes it less and less likely he goes high. I can't imagine trying to sell that along with he's a big project to ownership and fanbase...let alone the team.

Edited by horned dogs

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And regardless of what QB we take ... let us all be patient with the rookie and not run him out of town after 1-2 years 

I was talking with my father earlier and he is a die hard fan like us all. Like some posters here, he has been with the Bills since day 1, 1960 and been with the team through all the ups and downs

The one thing he and I fear is that we will not be patient with our rookie QB and run him out of town. We have been stung time and time again and we are rabid as a fan base and want    Instant results . 

It is not a 1 year process with a rookie QB. There will be good plays and bad but we must be patient and support him unconditionally 

BILLIEVE 2018

THAT is exactly what is going to happen.  

The fan base will divide up into the "Lovers" and the "Haters". 

I predict that the groups will start forming by tomorrow afternoon.

...but that is just me...

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Sometimes it does take four years.  Case Keenum played pretty good last year.  Nick foles may have taken a jump.  Took rich gannon more than 4. Troy aikman didn’t become good until year 4. Drew Brees, year 4.  Dallas kept aikman, but the other guys were all given up on.  And that just off the top of my head.  

Aikman was a pro bowler year three. Ej showed no signs, Rich was a system qb that had only 4 decenst seasons out of 17 ( the first of which wasnt until he had been in the league for 12 years, Brees didnt start a game his first year and by his 3rd year starting he was fantastic. None of your examples comes close to Ej. 

It's sad that we have to say this kind of thing, but it's true. Bills fans will turn on a player in an instant. Not all, but many. Enough to be heard, and taken by outsiders as a representation of the whole. Really, it's just a reflection of impatience and a lack of intelligence. You really have to have thick skin to be a young player for the Bills, that hasn't yet reached his potential.

Everyone loves Tre White, but if/when he has a bad game or slump of games, there will be many that claim he was a flash in the pan, or that teams have him figured out. They're unwilling to allow him the time to battle through it and refine his craft. It happened with Gilmore, after a tremendous rookie season. It's happened with players before him, and will happen after. We can be a tough crowd, but many times it's not fully warranted. That kind of talk does affect the psyche of some players, which trickles down to their play and effort, to some extent. This doesn't mean we should all wear rose colored glasses, and support mediocrity. But we do need to be patient, and let things play out before we crucify players. 

7 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

First lets not act like he wasnt on the tram for 4 years stinking up the otas, camp, and practices. He was. Secondly, everyone knew Manuel was going to start. Whaley was quoted as saying that there was a qb competition and the winner was going to start. Dont rewrite hostory acting as if EJ was supposed to sit.  That clearly isnt nor wasnt the truth. 

That doesn't mean Whaley was right. I wouldn't say that everyone knew Manuel would start. He was widely considered to be a project that was taken a round or two higher than he probably should have been. 

Regardless of what Whaley said (which, btw, you interpreted a certain way; doesn't make you opinion "truth") the smart, expected plan, was to sit EJ, but a rubber mat thwarted plan. 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill_with_it said:

Aikman was a pro bowler year three. Ej showed no signs, Rich was a system qb that had only 4 decenst seasons out of 17 ( the first of which wasnt until he had been in the league for 12 years, Brees didnt start a game his first year and by his 3rd year starting he was fantastic. None of your examples comes close to Ej. 

Case Keenum doesnt come close?  What will you use as an excuse for him?  I know you’ll try and make something sound right,  Sucked until year 5.  He goes from 3rd string qb to making 20 mill a year in year 5.  Let’s hear this one. 

I’ve got better things to think about than EJ.  If you think he was put in a good postion to succeed, good for you.  He wasn’t.  His circumstances here were worst case for a guy of his caliber.  He was a raw project coming out that everyone (except Whaley) knew wasn’t ready for the big time.  He wasn’t even good in college.

Whomever we draft, he must be given time.  We have to be patient with him.  We have to put him in postion to succeed.. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Case Keenum doesnt come close?  What will you use as an excuse for him?  I know you’ll try and make something sound right,  Sucked until year 5.  He goes from 3rd string qb to making 20 mill a year in year 5.  Let’s hear this one. 

I’ve got better things to think about than EJ.  If you think he was put in a good postion to succeed, good for you.  He wasn’t.  His circumstances here were worst case for a guy of his caliber.  He was a raw project coming out that everyone (except Whaley) knew wasn’t ready for the big time.  He wasn’t even good in college.

Whomever we draft, he must be given time.  We have to be patient with him.  We have to put him in postion to succeed.. 

Honestly that’s why I have such a hard time with Allen. There could not be a worse fit for him than Buffalo. 

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Even if we draft Allen, I'll get excited and get behind him fully eventually, even though I REALLY don't want him right now.

And spend the next 4 years arguing with Thurm about some metric that one or other of you has created to prove he is either good or bad. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m going to be completely honest and say that if they draft Allen, I will still support the team and hope for his success (obviously) but I’ll be very pessimistic about pretty much everything and it will take awhile for me to get over it. Sorry, it’s just the truth here. 

I fear I will be the same Yolo. It will feel very like the Rex hire to me.  I said day 1 "I really do not like this I think it is going to be bad" and I then tried to push it to the back of my mind and get on board but my patience level was always pretty low and by halfway through his first year I wanted him fired.  I am going to try really, really hard to avoid jumping to any premature conclusions if it is Josh Allen and give him the chance to develop that he needs.... but I can tell you my optimism that we have the guy will not be high. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

It's sad that we have to say this kind of thing, but it's true. Bills fans will turn on a player in an instant. Not all, but many. Enough to be heard, and taken by outsiders as a representation of the whole. Really, it's just a reflection of impatience and a lack of intelligence. You really have to have thick skin to be a young player for the Bills, that hasn't yet reached his potential.

Everyone loves Tre White, but if/when he has a bad game or slump of games, there will be many that claim he was a flash in the pan, or that teams have him figured out. They're unwilling to allow him the time to battle through it and refine his craft. It happened with Gilmore, after a tremendous rookie season. It's happened with players before him, and will happen after. We can be a tough crowd, but many times it's not fully warranted. That kind of talk does affect the psyche of some players, which trickles down to their play and effort, to some extent. This doesn't mean we should all wear rose colored glasses, and support mediocrity. But we do need to be patient, and let things play out before we crucify players. 

That doesn't mean Whaley was right. I wouldn't say that everyone knew Manuel would start. He was widely considered to be a project that was taken a round or two higher than he probably should have been. 

Regardless of what Whaley said (which, btw, you interpreted a certain way; doesn't make you opinion "truth") the smart, expected plan, was to sit EJ, but a rubber mat thwarted plan. 

You have a very hard time reading:

And über yikes:

“We're excited to see [Manuel] grow, and we're excited to see him compete with Kevin Kolb," Whaley said. "May the best man win.”

http://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9514038/buffalo-bills-ej-manuel-kevin-kolb-split-practice-snaps-qb

Whaleys words not mine. Unedited. His intentions were clearly not to sit the rookie. Nore was it the HC’s intentions either. It was a competition.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

If you think Case Keenum is a franchise quarterback worthy of holding on to, Im sorry. He isnt. That will be proven shortly. Your examples werent even close to EJ. Cmon man he was a colossal bust. 

1 hour ago, Bill_with_it said:

You have a very hard time reading:

And über yikes:

“We're excited to see [Manuel] grow, and we're excited to see him compete with Kevin Kolb," Whaley said. "May the best man win.”

http://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9514038/buffalo-bills-ej-manuel-kevin-kolb-split-practice-snaps-qb

Whaleys words not mine. Unedited. His intentions were clearly not to sit the rookie. Nore was it the HC’s intentions either. It was a competition.

If you think Case Keenum is a franchise quarterback worthy of holding on to, Im sorry. He isnt. That will be proven shortly. Your examples werent even close to EJ. Cmon man he was a colossal bust. 

Did I say franchise QB?  He’s improved immensely.  He isn’t what everyone thought he was after 4 years.  He’s better.

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And regardless of what QB we take ... let us all be patient with the rookie and not run him out of town after 1-2 years 

I was talking with my father earlier and he is a die hard fan like us all. Like some posters here, he has been with the Bills since day 1, 1960 and been with the team through all the ups and downs

The one thing he and I fear is that we will not be patient with our rookie QB and run him out of town. We have been stung time and time again and we are rabid as a fan base and want    Instant results . 

It is not a 1 year process with a rookie QB. There will be good plays and bad but we must be patient and support him unconditionally 

BILLIEVE 2018

Let's hope that AJM gives the rookie the space to grow. I just hope our OC/QB coach have the ability to help them grow into the NFL. Not everyone is gets shot out of the cannon like Russell Wilson or Matt Ryan. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

And spend the next 4 years arguing with Thurm about some metric that one or other of you has created to prove he is either good or bad. 

The only metric that we should care about are wins, once he's with us.