What bands do you hate the most?

IBTG81

REO Speedwagon.

They guy next to me in college cranked them every morning when he woke up to go to his cafateria manager job....at 5:30.

Not only do I really dislike the band I still feel that anger wanting to kick the crap out of that guy.....20 years later.

274545[/snapback]

We clearly went to college around the same time, except the guy next to me alternated between REO Speedwagon (Keep On Lovin' You) and J.Giles Band (Centerfold). I'd yell out the door: "WHAT? NO AIR SUPPLY?"

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We clearly went to college around the same time, except the guy next to me alternated between REO Speedwagon (Keep On Lovin' You)  and J.Giles Band (Centerfold). I'd yell out the door: "WHAT? NO AIR SUPPLY?"

274558[/snapback]

Question:

Did you snatch Alla yet?

I'm between 29-61, manly (hung like a hobby horse), strong (able to lift a hobby horse), and family oriented (own a hobby horse).

Question:

Did you snatch Alla yet?

I'm between 29-61, manly (hung like a hobby horse), strong (able to lift a hobby horse), and family oriented (own a hobby horse).

274574[/snapback]

She's all yours, man. I'd compete, but that hobby horse thing really takes me out of the running.

1) Anybody off of American Idol

2) Avril Lavigne (yeah, I want to sleep with her too.)

3) These multi talentless singer/actress (ex Lindsay Lohan)

4) Ashlee "I can't even lip sing right" Simpson, and anybody else using their bro/sis fame to break into the music business. (ex Aaron Carter, little bow wow)

5) Whoever wrote kumbaya

6) USA for Africa (we are the world...)

Anybody who doesn't push music to new places. Music is an art, and if you're not doing something that's creative and unique, then what's the point?

PS...for the guy who still listens to BNL. With all due respect, did you get laid for the first time listening to them? Because there is absolutly no reason to still listen to that band. When was the last time you bought a new album. 1993. Is Live your second favorite band? Look above. They're just a gay, Canadian Housemartins rip-off band.

Only bustin on ya. I'm sure I listen to tons of music you'd hate.

G

First off to the person who started this post..... 3-chords is the basis for punk and Green Day, despite Blvd of Broken Dreams (the most overplayed song of this millenium) is a PUNK BAND. If American Idiot isn't the epitome of punk, nothing is.

I actually don't like them, but they are punk.

I hate talentless, created, marketed "entertainers" because that's all most of pop music is today.

But my number one most hated band is U2. You want to talk about ripping people off. I heard a song today that sounded straight from Pearl Jam's Vs. album. They suck and should be destroyed.

So much for Bono(er) and his 3rd World Debt Relief stance, since I heard on the radio today that tix for their Bflo shows are as high as $160!

You're an idiot if you pay that.

PS...for the guy who still listens to BNL. With all due respect, did you get laid for the first time listening to them? Because there is absolutly no reason to still listen to that band. When was the last time you bought a new album. 1993. Is Live your second favorite band? Look above. They're just a gay, Canadian Housemartins rip-off band.

274614[/snapback]

I don't normally make posts with just smilies or whatever, but......... :w00t::(:(

BTW, although I dislike BNL, I did see Live three times in concert back in the early '90s. :(

I'll catch it for this, but Nirvana. I loathe everything Nirvana and Cobain.

274562[/snapback]

Nirvana was and is to post 90s hard rock/metal/emo, etc. what Led Zeppelin was to everything that followed them. Cobain's genius is undeniable, love him or hate him. And Grohl is one of the most talented musicians playing right now, although he should play more skins!

Best band of the 90s, unquestionably.

That being said, I am the proud owner of the most sought-after piece of Nirvana music collectibles, a hand-numbered copy of their first single on vinyl from Sub Pop, titled Love Buzz.

Anybody who doesn't push music to new places. Music is an art, and if you're not doing something that's creative and unique, then what's the point?

Only bustin on ya. I'm sure I listen to tons of music you'd hate.

G

274614[/snapback]

Actually, no. the first time I got laid, the only thing I heard was your sister screaming my name... :lol::P

Seriously, BNL is a highly complex band. Actually LISTEN to them, and get back to me. Their music is challenging, and you need a certain level of intelligence to understand their lyrics.

Nirvana was and is to post 90s hard rock/metal/emo, etc. what Led Zeppelin was to everything that followed them. Cobain's genius is undeniable, love him or hate him. And Grohl is one of the most talented musicians playing right now, although he should play more skins!

Best band of the 90s, unquestionably.

That being said, I am the proud owner of the most sought-after piece of Nirvana music collectibles, a hand-numbered copy of their first single on vinyl from Sub Pop, titled Love Buzz.

274626[/snapback]

The fact that a band who released one groundbreaking album (Nevermind), one decent compilation (Incesticide), and one swooning death nell (In Utero) can claim to be the best band of the '90s tells everything we need to know about the decade, musically.

Seriously, BNL is a highly complex band. Actually LISTEN to them, and get back to me. Their music is challenging, and you need a certain level of intelligence to understand their lyrics.

274638[/snapback]

I know what you mean. I took a class in college that was dedicated to the lyrics of "If I Had a Million Dollars." Mind blowing stuff man. :lol:

I know what you mean. I took a class in college that was dedicated to the lyrics of "If I Had a Million Dollars." Mind blowing stuff man.  :lol:

274651[/snapback]

OK Einstein, explain the meaning behind IIHAMD. I guarantee you're not even close... :P

No. Being freaky as an act was something Cooper did when no one else was doing it. Manson isn't an act. He's a certified freak and his 15 minutes are up.

274660[/snapback]

Early 70's were a real trip.

I loved Alice Cooper's "Killer" album.

Alice Cooper, David Bowie, Lou Reed, David Bromberg, JJ Cale, Earl Scruggs Review, Taj Mahal, The Band, Hot Tuna, Grateful Dead, Tom Waits, Mississippi John Hurt, Memphis Slim, Good Rats, New Riders, Commander Cody....

too many to name them all.

You are right about Manson, he will be in a padded room one day.

The fact that a band who released one groundbreaking album (Nevermind), one decent compilation (Incesticide), and one swooning death nell (In Utero) can claim to be the best band of the '90s tells everything we need to know about the decade, musically.

274641[/snapback]

I'm *really* going to catch it for this, but here goes...

Nirvana in my book is single handedly responsible for a generation of self-loathing pasty white teenagers. The "grunge revolution" took the fun out of being a teenager. The music? I like the music. I love AIC and the like. Nirvana music is pretty good as well. The stigma? Not a chance. I grew up during the 90's. Class of '96. This is how I see it.

I can't count the number of people I know that slipped in a drooling "I suck so I'm off to write crappy poetry and listen to Rape Me" trance.

-Jeff

There's a site that if you send them an Ashlee Simpson CD they would send you back a jazz or classical CD. They said, "There is great music out there, it's too bad kids are listening to this crap (Ashlee Simpson)." I forget the URL, but it was pretty funny.

I pretty much hate all "Classic Rock" But with a few notable exceptions. Leynord Skynard, Alice Cooper, and Van Halen(early stuff with Roth only). I also hate 98.5 pct of hip hop and rap. The biggest "entertainment" fraud ever put over on the american public.

I'm *really* going to catch it for this, but here goes...

Nirvana in my book is single handedly responsible for a generation of self-loathing pasty white teenagers.  The "grunge revolution" took the fun out of being a teenager.    The music? I like the music. I love AIC and the like. Nirvana music is pretty good as well. The stigma? Not a chance.  I grew up during the 90's.  Class of '96.  This is how I see it.

I can't count the number of people I know that slipped in a drooling "I suck so I'm off to write crappy poetry and listen to Rape Me" trance.

-Jeff

274685[/snapback]

you have it backwards - Kobain's genious was that he captured the sentiment of a generation, like a snapshot. He did not produce it - rather the generation produced him.

goo goo dolls and most buffalo originated bands suck.

274553[/snapback]

I always liked Green Jello!

Bands that suck:

all boy bands

REO Speedwagon

Vanilla Ice

Milli Vanilli and anyone like them

The guy who sang "I'm too sexxy"

Michael Bolton

the Zamfir guy

Air Supply

Modern English

Kenny G

Yanni

Pat Boone

Crash Test Dummies

Thousads of others that my brain is thankfully blocking out right now!

you have it backwards - Kobain's genious was that he captured the sentiment of a generation, like a snapshot. He did not produce it - rather the generation produced him.

274752[/snapback]

Hmmm... touche. I've honestly not looked at it that way... good point.

ashlee simpson

metallica

megadeth

sepultera

britney

christina

stain'd

creed

afi

any emo crap

trap't

green day

papa roach

hoobastank

coldplay

norah jones

lost prophets

alien ant farm(cept for their cover of smooth criminal)

BNL

DMB

phish(wannabe dead)

dave navarro

john mayer

blink 182

bizkit

POD

Gin Blossoms

collective soul

goo goo dolls

soul asylum

vanilla ice

ludacris

jay-z(cause hes with beyoncé)

sean paul

black eyed peas(that whats wrong with the world song is so stupid and so is lets get retarded)

oasis(wannabe beatles)

ashanti(just count how many times she says "oh baby" in her songs but i like to watch her videos on mute)

destiny's child(they have no talent but i like watching their videos, three fiiine women)

ashlee simpson

metallica

megadeth

sepultera

britney

christina

stain'd

creed

afi

any emo crap

trap't

green day

papa roach

hoobastank

coldplay

norah jones

lost prophets

BNL

DMB

phish(wannabe dead)

dave navarro

john mayer

blink 182

bizkit

POD

Gin Blossoms

collective soul

goo goo dolls

soul asylum

vanilla ice

ludacris

sean paul

black eyed peas(that whats wrong with the world song is so stupid and so is lets get retarded)

oasis(wannabe beatles)

ashanti(just count how many times she says "oh baby" in her songs but i like to watch her videos on mute)

destiny's child(they have no talent but i like watching their videos, three fiiine women)

274806[/snapback]

Nice list, Phish is the only band I like, the others suck (except for a couple I've never heard)... though I used to like looking at Britney.

Wow, I don't get the hate for BNL. They're not the greatest ever, but jeez they're not that bad.

Anyway, one of the worst bands has to be Nickelback. Really, the entire nu-metal genre that's oversaturated the market has been a bigger factor in the declining music industry than any file sharing service, if you ask me. All of the "rock" bands sound the same, they're all going for that Pearl Jam sort of sound. Not all rock singers need to be baritones, you know, for god's sake. So, besides Nickelback in this category: Staind, Godsmack, Creed, Alter Bridge, etc...

I'm not even going to bother mentioning the bubblegum scene or the current trend of the rap/hip hop genre, because those basically go without saying. It's either cutesy hooky bubblegum or bitches and hoes dime-a-dozen rap.

Wow, I don't get the hate for BNL. They're not the greatest ever, but jeez they're not that bad.

Anyway, one of the worst bands has to be Nickelback. Really, the entire nu-metal genre that's oversaturated the market has been a bigger factor in the declining music industry than any file sharing service, if you ask me. All of the "rock" bands sound the same, they're all going for that Pearl Jam sort of sound. Not all rock singers need to be baritones, you know, for god's sake. So, besides Nickelback in this category: Staind, Godsmack, Creed, Alter Bridge, etc...

I'm not even going to bother mentioning the bubblegum scene or the current trend of the rap/hip hop genre, because those basically go without saying. It's either cutesy hooky bubblegum or bitches and hoes dime-a-dozen rap.

274812[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The sad thing is that 15 years later, we're still dealing with bands trying to recapture the sound. I guess it's kinda like White Snake and all the bands that came after Led Zep that didn't even come close.

ashlee simpson

metallica

megadeth

sepultera

britney

christina

stain'd

creed

afi

any emo crap

trap't

green day

papa roach

hoobastank

coldplay

norah jones

lost prophets

BNL

DMB

phish(wannabe dead)

dave navarro

john mayer

blink 182

bizkit

POD

Gin Blossoms

collective soul

goo goo dolls

soul asylum

vanilla ice

ludacris

sean paul

oasis(wannabe beatles)

Is there any current band you like? :lol: I agree with most of that list, but I disagree with Coldplay, Ludacris and Jay-Z and to a point Metallica. Coldplay is a breath of fresh air compared to all the "I hate my Dad" rock bands out there now. Ludacris doesn't make quality music, but try and find me better music to get girls dancing at the club or parties than Luda. Jay-Z is the last rapper out there that makes any music that's worth listening to. Early Metallica is awesome...anything after the Black album is craptacular though, especially St. Anger.

I'll weigh in on BNL. I'll agree that beginning with "One Week" their material has gone down hill. Their early stuff, which most here probably aren't getting their hatred of BNL from, is stellar. Gordon & Maybe You Should Drive are their two best efforts IMO.

Early 70's were a real trip.

I loved Alice Cooper's "Killer" album.

Alice Cooper, David Bowie, Lou Reed, David Bromberg, JJ Cale, Earl Scruggs Review, Taj Mahal, The Band, Hot Tuna, Grateful Dead, Tom Waits, Mississippi John Hurt, Memphis Slim, Good Rats, New Riders, Commander Cody....

too many to name them all.

You are right about Manson, he will be in a padded room one day.

274679[/snapback]

I didn't think anyone else here had ever heard of the Good Rats!