What bands do you hate the most?

IBTG81

I don't know if we've ever done this so...

Good Charlotte/Greenday/Avril Lavigne/Ashley Simpson/anything else who proclaims they're punk but really not. All these garbage bands basically do is play three chords with one giant chorus.

I also hate rap, and "emo" is starting to piss me off.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100 percent disagree.

I wasn't even trying to needle you, I really do hate them.

273873[/snapback]

Hahaha, really? My goal in life (which is both sad and pathetic) is to turn 10 people into BNL fans. So far, I've converted 3!!

Marilyn Manson...and any other guy who finds it necessary to wear makeup and dress like a woman just to get someone's attention due to their inability to carry a tune.

273879[/snapback]

Honestly I don't really like his last couple albums either. Once Trent Reznor quit producing after "Antichrist Superstar" the music has really suffered.

Marilyn Manson...and any other guy who finds it necessary to wear makeup and dress like a woman just to get someone's attention due to their inability to carry a tune.

273879[/snapback]

FOREIGNER......THE HUDSON BROTHERS....DAVE DAVIES SOLO....THE GUY WHO SANG 'FEELINGS'....GREEN DAY.....

273879[/snapback]

;);)

Steely Dan

I know! I know! Seven out of ten self-proclaimed music "afficianados" will try to tell you that they are highly trained talented fusion artists or some crap like that, but my ears just bleed and I feel myself slip into a coma of self-hatred any time that I hear them.

Anyone who has doing the same thing over and over for more than 25 years and now just won't give it up.

Springsteen

Fogerty

Mellencamp

James Taylor

Aerosmith

etc.

273893[/snapback]

The worst of them all is the Rolling Stones.

The Eagles would be worth seeing though.

The worst of them all is the Rolling Stones.

The Eagles would be worth seeing though.

273896[/snapback]

How have The Stones become so popular? They are absolutely dreadful. There is proof right there that drugs screw up your mind... ;)

273879[/snapback]

Oh don't get started. Ed will get all upset. Remember his revelation that he likes to wear girls silk pantes was the reason behind the "I am a horrib;e person" thread. ;)

Oh don't get started.  Ed will get all upset.  Remember his revelation that he likes to wear girls silk pantes was the reason behind the "I am a horrib;e person" thread.  ;)

273913[/snapback]

There's nothing like the feeling of silk panties on a clean shiny scrotum! ;)

How have The Stones become so popular? They are absolutely dreadful. There is proof right there that drugs screw up your mind... ;)

273902[/snapback]

I will admit, the Stones haven't done anything memorable in about 15 years, but such criticism coming from a Barenaked Ladies fanatic is a little hard to take...100 years from now, the Stones will have left a twenty year legacy of important, relevant music...will anyone be remembering the Bare*******naked Ladies?

I will admit, the Stones haven't done anything memorable in about 15 years, but such criticism coming from a Barenaked Ladies fanatic is a little hard to take...100 years from now, the Stones will have left a twenty year legacy of important, relevant music...will anyone be remembering the Bare*******naked Ladies?

273917[/snapback]

Uh, yes. ;)

I don't know if we've ever done this so...

Good Charlotte/Greenday/Avril Lavigne/Ashley Simpson/anything else who proclaims they're punk but really not. All these garbage bands basically do is play three chords with one giant chorus.

I also hate rap, and "emo" is starting to piss me off.

273860[/snapback]

Yet you think Britney Spears (or whatever her last name is now) should be in the Rock HOF?

273917[/snapback]

;);):lol::lol:

Dead on bro. In a hundred years, the Bare Naked Ladies will not even be a blip on the history of rock music radar screen.

Yet you think Britney Spears (or whatever her last name is now) should be in the Rock HOF?

It wouldn't shock me if it happens someday, the R & R HOF is a joke. Black Sabbath and Van Halen aren't in, but Percy Sledge and the Bee Gees are? Rock and Roll Hall of Fame indeed.

As far as bands or musicians that I hate: *insert any emo/screamo band & Van Hagar

I have visceral and violent reactions to Phish, the Grateful Dead, and other lousy jam bands. Dave Matthews and U2 and other bands who vastly overrate their own importance. 311, Limp Triscuit, and other untalented numetal should take a rocket to the sun right now.

Hootie and the Burger Kings, you have a special circle of hell reserved just for you.

I have visceral and violent reactions to Phish, the Grateful Dead, and other lousy jam bands. Dave Matthews and U2 and other bands who vastly overrate their own importance. 311, Limp Triscuit, and other untalented numetal should take a rocket to the sun right now.

Hootie and the Burger Kings, you have a special circle of hell reserved just for you.

273950[/snapback]

So who is your favorite band, The Wiggles??????? You must have been the dude moshing to the Wiggles in the Stadium Lot last year before the Dolphins game.

I have no use for Phish, U2 or DMB, but the Grateful Dead doesn't deserve to be disrespected like that.

Enjoy the Wiggles!

So who is your favorite band, The Wiggles??????? You must have been the dude moshing to the Wiggles in the Stadium Lot last year before the Dolphins game.

I have no use for Phish, U2 or DMB, but the Grateful Dead doesn't deserve to be disrespected like that.

Enjoy the Wiggles!

273972[/snapback]

Hey, leave the Wiggles out of this.

;);)

Gay Matthew's Band... oops, sorry I mean Dave Matthew's Band

273872[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more, Matthews is the 1st person that came into my mind when I saw this thread title. The band isn't bad, but he's a no-talented hack.

I don't think I've ever heard a Barenaked Ladies song, so I can't say one way or the other.

I don't hate them but I'm excited that I just got tickets to go see Velvet Revolver in Raleigh. I like that group a lot.

Has anybody on the board heard of NAVAR? My brother manage's them in the Buffalo area. Their first album was produced by the bass player from the Goo Goo Dolls and they're getting ready to release the second. Check them out if you haven't.

Has anybody on the board heard of NAVAR? My brother manage's them in the Buffalo area. Their first album was produced by the bass player from the Goo Goo Dolls and they're getting ready to release the second. Check them out if you haven't.

274048[/snapback]

What kind of music?