Barbarian's Bills Draft

I'm not a big fan of Miller would rather have Vander Esch at 22 or trade bk with Cleveland for #33 & #35 . Take Connor Williams and Sony Michel with those pks. Cleveland would make a deal at this pt if Mike Hughes, Jaire Alexander or McGlitchey is still available 

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

15 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I'm not a big fan of Miller would rather have Vander Esch at 22 or trade bk with Cleveland for #33 & #35 . Take Connor Williams and Sony Michel with those pks. Cleveland would make a deal at this pt if Mike Hughes, Jaire Alexander or McGlitchey is still available 

I would take Vander Esch too but he was ranked 30th so went with Miller instead. I think Drafttek rankings are off but when I looked at other draft boards they were even worse, having the top QBs at the end of the round which is pure stupidity. At least Drafttek recognizes the QBs will go early.

I didn't want to do any trade back scenarios as then we could be doing that with any pick and end up with endless possibilities that would have made this exercise chaotic.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Drafttek Rankings  (which is why there is no trade up, although I think we will):

1. QB Baker Mayfield

1. RT Kolton Miller

2. TE Mike Gesicki

2. DT Harrison Phillips

3. WR DJ Chark

3. CB Tarvarus McFadden

4. OG Brendan Mahon

5. LB Malik Jefferson

6. LB Jack Cichy

Would be amazing.  We’d be very lucky if Phillips, Chark, Mahon  and Jefferson fell to those respective spots. I like McFadden, but I’d go with Fred warner or Darius Leonard instead of McFadden, if they fell, although I think he’s a good pick.  I really hope we add some firepower at Lb, not just another guy that might be as good as Preston brown on his best days.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Drafttek Rankings  (which is why there is no trade up, although I think we will):

1. QB Baker Mayfield

1. RT Kolton Miller

2. TE Mike Gesicki

2. DT Harrison Phillips

3. WR DJ Chark

3. CB Tarvarus McFadden

4. OG Brendan Mahon

5. LB Malik Jefferson

6. LB Jack Cichy

I would like this draft,  except I would be disappointed with waiting until the 5th round to address middle linebacker.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

1. QB Baker Mayfield

1. RT Kolton Miller

2. TE Mike Gesicki

2. DT Harrison Phillips

3. WR DJ Chark

3. CB Tarvarus McFadden

4. OG Brendan Mahon

5. LB Malik Jefferson

6. LB Jack Cichy

I cannot see DJ Chark being available in round 3 or Malik Jefferson in round 5.  Plus this draft says we made no moves and this staff is going to move around the board. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

1. QB Baker Mayfield

1. RT Kolton Miller

2. TE Mike Gesicki

2. DT Harrison Phillips

3. WR DJ Chark

3. CB Tarvarus McFadden

4. OG Brendan Mahon

5. LB Malik Jefferson

6. LB Jack Cichy

That would be insane my friend, if that were to happen. Sadly I think the Jets get Mayfield at #3. 

4 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

33 or 35 and 64 maybe, not 33 and 35.

Agree on the comments on Miller in 1st .. would like to see a RB thrown in round 3 (Ballage) as I don't think Chark will be there and purely from the inspirational story and to see him on special teams flying around / hybrid nickel the LB out of Central Florida who was the combine winner in 4th.

I'd rather address MLB at the 2nd round pick than a TE.  IMO, the defensive front seven are a higher priority to get squared away before a TE is taken.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

Would be amazing.  We’d be very lucky if Phillips, Chark, Mahon  and Jefferson fell to those respective spots. I like McFadden, but I’d go with Fred warner or Darius Leonard instead of McFadden, if they fell, although I think he’s a good pick.  I really hope we add some firepower at Lb, not just another guy that might be as good as Preston brown on his best days.

They probably will go LB early, I'm hoping for Edmunds or Esch.

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Kolton Miller in the 1st I'd hate. He is a 3rd rounder for me though I expect him to go in the 2nd. 

Blame Drafttek.

9 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I would like this draft,  except I would be disappointed with waiting until the 5th round to address middle linebacker.

me too.

8 hours ago, KRT88 said:

I cannot see DJ Chark being available in round 3 or Malik Jefferson in round 5.  Plus this draft says we made no moves and this staff is going to move around the board. 

blame Drafttek. Who know we're we move and with those rankings Mayfield was there so no reason to trade up.

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'd rather address MLB at the 2nd round pick than a TE.  IMO, the defensive front seven are a higher priority to get squared away before a TE is taken.

not for our new franchise QB, we managed at MLB last year we can do the same this year.  Getting the QB weapons will be essential in establishing his confidence and productivity, to which if not done early can crush a young QB from which many never recover.

12 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

1. QB Baker Mayfield

1. RT Kolton Miller

2. TE Mike Gesicki

2. DT Harrison Phillips

3. WR DJ Chark

3. CB Tarvarus McFadden

4. OG Brendan Mahon

5. LB Malik Jefferson

6. LB Jack Cichy

That would be a good draft.

A few criticisms.....I would not like Miller in the 1st, especially when we really need LB help.

Mike Gesicki is very good, but do we really need to use a 2nd round pick on a TE?

DJ Chark in the 3rd round sounds like wishful thinking, but that would be awesome if it turned out that way.

I like Tarvaraus McFadden, but I agree with NewEra, if Darius Leonard or Fred Warner are still available, then we need to take one of those guys.

No RB? This would be my biggest disappointment. I'm praying that we get Rashaad Penny. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

1. QB Baker Mayfield

1. RT Kolton Miller

2. TE Mike Gesicki

2. DT Harrison Phillips

3. WR DJ Chark

3. CB Tarvarus McFadden

4. OG Brendan Mahon

5. LB Malik Jefferson

6. LB Jack Cichy

From that group I'll take Miller, Gesicki, Phillips, and Jefferson. -You can have the rest.