On this day, 8 years ago, Bills selected...

6 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

CJ Spiller with the 9th overall pick! 

Some were upset it wasn't Jimmy Clausen. Some didn't understand need for rb (already had Jackson and Lynch).

Who else were you guys hoping for in that draft? Because we know now, Spiller or Clausen didn't amount to anything

I did not want any of the other QB.

I wanted a DE.  Brandon Graham or Pierre-Paul interested me. 

I also wanted help on the OL.  Demetress Bell didn't do it for me at LT.  If they didn't like him at 9, trading down and grabbing Bulaga or Saffold at T appealed to me.

I was appalled by the choice of Spiller: BPA?  Seriously?  Can't we give a little consideration to building a roster?

Trivia: this is the draft where our Vlad Ducasse was taken as a T late in the 2nd.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wilton Bills said:

Hindsight is 20-20 vision. Let's make a thread of all the picks that should have been taken over the years and do a could have, would have, should have and dwell on that. If I had only known the past winning powerball lottery numbers would I ever be set.

Who said anything about would have, could have or should have?? I asked a question who everyone was hoping for in the 2010 draft! Not who we should have took!

(And no other commenter was saying who we "could, would,should".. so far comments are answering my question about who they wanted bills to take)

What r u talking bout??

18 minutes ago, Wilton Bills said:

Hindsight is 20-20 vision. Let's make a thread of all the picks that should have been taken over the years and do a could have, would have, should have and dwell on that. If I had only known the past winning powerball lottery numbers would I ever be set.

You know, if the topic of a thread doesn't personally interest you, you could always just pass it by

The op asked a question, some of us found it interesting and answered.  This isn't that hard.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I wanted to trade down, but there wasn’t  anyone good enough for another team to trade up for.  Players I hoped

for were Bulaga, Brandon Graham or Jimmy Clausen (sadly. I was one that would’ve been ok taking a QB in every draft until we got one that didn’t suck).  The 2nd rd pick was one of the worst picks in Bills history.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills4life1924 said:

CJ Spiller with the 9th overall pick! 

Some were upset it wasn't Jimmy Clausen. Some didn't understand need for rb (already had Jackson and Lynch).

Who else were you guys hoping for in that draft? Because we know now, Spiller or Clausen didn't amount to anything

I was the most pissed with this pick considering we had marshawn and Freddy. Close seconds were EJ, Maybin and Eric Flowers.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I was the most pissed with this pick considering we had marshawn and Freddy. Close seconds were EJ, Maybin and Eric Flowers.

Right.. it was a pick nobody saw coming. I'm not gonna lie, i was literally jumping for joy when we drafted EJ. I was so thirsty for bills to pick a QB and he was the only one I wanted them to pick. Too bad that whole class of qb's were duds. Maybin I was furious, I wanted Orakpo bad!

Edited by Bills4life1924

Just now, Bills4life1924 said:

Right.. it was a pick nobody saw coming. I'm not gonna lie, i was literally jumping for joy when we drafted EJ. I was so thirsty for bills to pick a QB and he was the only one I wanted them to pick. Too bad that whole class of qb's were duds

I hated all the QBs of that draft, I jumped from QB to QB that fall hoping one would stand out but none did and declared we should not take a QB that year. I thought  EJ would not succeed but didn't think he would turn out as bad as he did.

• Like (+1) 1