Bills Go 7-9 this Season

Or so say the wizards at Bleacher Report

Buffalo Bills

The football gods finally smiled upon the Bills, allowing them to make the playoffs for the first time since the 1999 season. A repeat appearance likely isn't in the cards this year, though. AJ McCarron is not an upgrade over Tyrod Taylor at quarterback, and the offensive line remains in flux. LeSean McCoy turns 30 in July, while the team's leading tackler, Preston Brown, signed with the Bengals in free agency. The schedule-makers didn't do the Bills any favors, either, by placing the Chargers, Vikings, Packers and Titans—all of whom are playoff contendersin Weeks 2-5. 

Prediction: 7-9

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771167-2018-nfl-schedule-win-loss-predictions-for-every-team

4 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Buffalo Bills

The football gods finally smiled upon the Bills, allowing them to make the playoffs for the first time since the 1999 season. A repeat appearance likely isn't in the cards this year, though. AJ McCarron is not an upgrade over Tyrod Taylor at quarterback, and the offensive line remains in flux. LeSean McCoy turns 30 in July, while the team's leading tackler, Preston Brown, signed with the Bengals in free agency. The schedule-makers didn't do the Bills any favors, either, by placing the Chargers, Vikings, Packers and Titans—all of whom are playoff contendersin Weeks 2-5. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771167-2018-nfl-schedule-win-loss-predictions-for-every-team

You don’t think AJ M is an upgrade??

Tyrod’s 160 passing yards per game , 

4 games in which we only managed to score 3 points ! 

Yes  id say AJ M got some BIG shoes to fill 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Anywhere between 5 and 11 wins is "fair".  Any prediction at all on April 19 is dumb.

Yeah of course....so is making mock drafts in the fall, but writers will do that.  

9 minutes ago, Putin said:

You don’t think AJ M is an upgrade??

Tyrod’s 160 passing yards per game , 

4 games in which we only managed to score 3 points ! 

Yes  id say AJ M got some BIG shoes to fill 

From a numbers standpoint you are spot on.  I think we’ll know even more how important/not important Tyrod was the Bills offense after this season

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly (as long as we get our future face of the franchise) am okay with this year being a down year where they figure out who they're going to be followed by spending money to fill gaps and be ready to compete next year like the Eagles and rams did this past year. 

• Like (+1) 2

AJ McCarron is not an upgrade over Tyrod Taylor at quarterback

...and their argument is immediately invalid.  Also, the Bills did not make the playoffs because of the football gods, they made it thanks to coaching and a team that played with more guts, heart and pride then they had any right to.  That culture will make them a little tougher then people think.

• Like (+1) 3

If AJ is starting,  this will be Bald Ginger and Beanes final year. 

Pegs has no patience for idiots and won’t hesitate to fire them, see Rex. 

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

...and their argument is immediately invalid.  Also, the Bills did not make the playoffs because of the football gods, they made it thanks to coaching and a team that played with more guts, heart and pride then they had any right to.  That culture will make them a little tougher then people think.

Is this a joke?

coaching and gm sabotaged the team last year by gutting the roster and benching our starter. 

Football gods yes!!  If it wasn’t for the cinci miracle, they would’ve never made the playoffs. 

Smh Bald ginger clapping his hands every two minutes. Lol

Edited by Carter
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Buffalo Bills

I completely disagree with your thoughts on AJ not being an upgrade over Tyrod.  Do you not have any recollection of how AJ performed when he had to step in for Andy Dalton.  Let's not forget that he has as many playoff starts as Tyrod.  IMO, he should've been the starter in Cincy.  I just honestly think that Cincy invested too much into Dalton, which is why they won't move on from him.  Mark my words that I think we're gonna be faced with a good QB problem after this next season.  We're gonna draft a QB that could be the future of Buffalo next week, but I also have a feeling that AJ is gonna show us a lot more than we anticipated and maybe he could be the QB we've been waiting for.  And yes, the schedule seems unfavorable because of the playoff contenders that we have to face, but don't forget, they have to play a playoff contender in us as well.  There's too many unknowns, which people over analyze and it causes them to be negative.  "Come on Man!"  Be positive.  The Bills are gonna be a team that teams don't wanna play!  #GOBILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

If AJ is starting,  this will be Bald Ginger and Beanes final year. 

Pegs has no patience for idiots and won’t hesitate to fire them, see Rex. 

Is this a joke?

coaching and gm sabotaged the team last year by gutting the roster and benching our starter. 

Football gods yes!!  If it wasn’t for the cinci miracle, they would’ve never made the playoffs. 

Smh Bald ginger clapping his hands every two minutes. 

The Bills knew TT was not going to win them a playoff game.  They had no idea if Peterman could, and after TT absolutely stank up the field on my daughter's first live NFL game (birthday present on her birthday), they decided to see if Peterman was any better.  He obviously wasn't, so they went back to TT and prayed that if they made the playoffs TT would play better then expected.  He didn't.  So, basically, what the coaching staff feared with TT came to pass...they were right about him, and thanks to them starting Peterman we sit here just before the draft with absolutely zero "Peterman should be our starter, don't draft a QB" posts on this board.  There was no sabotage, just a staff that knew what they already had in TT, knew it wasn't good enough, and wanted to see what they had in Peterman.  We are in a far better position now thanks to that decision.

7 wins is fair. 

All in all though, in this league the biggest thing is not who you play, but when you play them. Can you catch a team that's coming in banged up a steal a win? Can you get a couple of calls to go your way and steal another? 

Of course, it's also hard to say what's a fair win total before we know who our QB will be. Who grabbed that MLB position? Did we get some WR help? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

It's Rodak, that's about what I expected.  Remember, this is the same guy that a year ago said Buffalo's season was over before it started. XD

6 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

This is all sooo premature.  Did we already overlook the draft?

Doesn't matter, it's the Bills so 7-9 it is....  ;)

I personally will wait until TC to venture a guess on this season's record.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Last year, he predicted 5-11 and backed it up with "facts" after a bunch of people got on him. He never mentioned that again. 

I think 7-9 wins is a fair shake at it.