Elway Open to a Deal for the #5 Pick; Broncos' Board Finalized Later Today

18 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I don’t think they would either but that’s why we don’t make the trade until the clock is going 

The risk is too high, we have to move to 5. If say Miami slipped in there somehow(I know some don't believe it possible) we could be royally screwed for years!

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

that was telegraphed.......   Just 1 too many OMGs IMO.   I saw it coming a mile away... got to hover those links

Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

That does not mean hey stay still

No, but I think a team will put themselves in position at 5 beforehand. If CLE or the NYG do move, that's a good place to be dealing from. Not having a high pick has already burned the Bills with the Colts/ Jets deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, but I think a team will put themselves in position at 5 beforehand. If CLE or the NYG do move, that's a good place to be dealing from. Not having a high pick has already burned the Bills with the Colts/ Jets deal. 

And if you move to 5 and someone jumps you? 

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

In all seriousness would anyone here have an issue with the Bills pulling the trigger now and making the jump to 5 without knowing who will be there? 

I'll hang up and listen. 

I just don't think you can trade to 5 without knowing who is available. No way Beane has the same grade on the top four and with the Browns, Giants and Jets possibly taking a QB, IMO its too risky to get hung out with your 4th graded QB.

34 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

not having a QB also gets GMs and coaches fired. Then we have to bring in new coach and GM and they start the process of trading and releasing the old regimes guys and bringing in their own. So all that draft capital we spent on good players doesn't fit the new system, and then they get released/traded so it was wasted anyways.  But we wouldn't know anything about that. 

Sure and it remains an indisputable fact that all the “move up or die” klan ignore... outside of Eli Manning, not one active QB that has played and won a Super Bowl was drafted with a move up to or an existing pick any earlier than where the bills currently sit. 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure and it remains an indisputable fact that all the “move up or die” klan ignore... outside of Eli Manning, not one active QB that has played and won a Super Bowl was drafted with a move up to or an existing pick any earlier than where the bills currently sit. 

Well if we are using past history to dictate future results, we should wait until round 6 and draft our QB there, The most prolific QB came in that round. 

Edit, Carson Wentz got his team there, and technically won a superbowl, so he also belongs on that list. Jared Goff appears to be coming into his own as well.

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

of course he is.  Christ almighty- if someone wanted to trade me 12, 22, 53, 56, and next years 1st- I don't care if Aaron Rogers is in draft- give me the picks and watch my team destroy yours the next 5 years

Really? You think so?

This isn’t the greatest draft after the first 20 picks, I’d take the strongest players(QB) long before those second rounders.

I consider 22 a second rounder in this draft.

2 hours ago, Pre1236 said:

Anticipation is growing - I cleared my schedule of all high powered business meetings for the next week. I don't want to miss anything.

Lucky you. Dunkirk Don and I have some super high level meetings with top secret people who will no doubt leak info from the war room. We got the juice on all 32 teams so stay glued to my attention grabbing posts in the next few days.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

And if you move to 5 and someone jumps you? 

You would be sitting at 5. That's right after 4. Who could jump you from that strategic position? The Browns and Giants have 1,2 and 4. A move down to only 5 is far more enticing than anything else that can be offered. 

40 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I can't believe we took Mayfield. Don't know why he decided to sport his Jets jersey.

17 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Well if we are using past history to dictate future results, we should wait until round 6 and draft our QB there, The most prolific QB came in that round. 

Edit, Carson Wentz got his team there, and technically won a superbowl, so he also belongs on that list. Jared Goff appears to be coming into his own as well.

Carson Wentz didn’t start and win a Super Bowl. My language was very clear. 

My point on citing history is there there is very little precedent  that expensively moving up to select one guy is how you build a championship team. 

AND there are many examples of where not doing that has led to building a championship team.

Against: Ben, Flacco, Wilson, Brady, Brees, Foles

For: Eli

wentz can’t count- we have no clue if he wins that game or the others before it. Foles was flawless. 

You CAN count  Bortles, Winston, Goff, Cam, Ryan, Luck,  Alec smith, Sam Bradford, Turbinski, Mariota, Sanchez, Locker, Gabbert, Stafford, Russell, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Phillip Rivers... if you like-> No Rings 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood